Was Abraham Father of the Jews or of Humanity?

Yes and no. God is our collective consciousness. God is greater than me. At the same time I and God are both consciousness. Thus it is incorrect to say I am complete God. I am only part of God.

That is certainly not a Christian statement! Am I part of my father, or my Father in heaven?

@Terry_Sampson explain

@Randy

• The reasons why I used the name Allah as God is I was thinking of Allah light.

• You see I’ve seen light in people radiate outward while continue light in people.

There’s a verse in the Quran about this. Al-Nur 24:35
Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things.

Ephesians 5:18-19 (in which Paul encourages believers to experience the ongoing filling of the Holy Spirit)

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord

I drink Holy Spirit. I eat Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit is food water for my spirit. I allow Holy Spirit teach me in the midst of my situation., anyone who claims Holy Spirit I go to is false god, I will answer like Jesus did.,

• I think your way of explaining makes more sense, we only part of God

How Jews treated Jesus is how you @Dale treated me, as you kept telling me I go to false God.

So I’ll answer like how Jesus answered. RS: answered, “I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me.

There has been discussion here before, and some disagree, but the Islamic Allah and the Christian God are not the same.¹ Sure, the word for God in Arabic is Allah, and Arabic speaking Christians call God ‘Allah’, but what that shows is that context is important in understanding what words mean. Just because someone else has the name ‘Dale’ does not mean we are the same entity.

¹ (The Christian God could not have written the Quran, for instance, nor would the biblical Gabriel have dictated it.)

1 Like

Has conversation in this thread reached or gone beyond its "useful life"?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

What about Brahman., is Braham same as YHWH?

As Jesus the ‘I am’ before Abraham walk on earth, was Jesus ever reincarnated more then once on earth?

No.

No.

When Jesus says “Before Abraham was born, I AM” that is not good grammar is it. He is claiming to be God and forever existent as Christians believe. He says elsewhere “I and the Father are one.”

1 Like

Agree. I would like to know what is the difference between God and Allah.

Yes.

Yes. God incarnated as Jesus and others as well.

Agree. God is forever existent. So, Jesus, Moses, Abraham–in whom God incarnated–are also forever existent.

Believe what you will and imagine what you want. It won’t affect reality.

Indeed. Indeed.

It won’t affect reality.

Some dishonestly reject the existence of the supernatural based on nothing more than their subjective distaste and others deny the reality of God’s providential M.O. referenced above. Both have to do with epistemic humility and having a childlike heart like God requires.

Neither is surprising though.

…they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.
Luke 16:21

I certainly do not.

You do want to mash counterfeits together so that the currency will work in no country however. (There is only one true currency and one lasting country, the country of the true King. Read The Chronicles of Narnia for an intro. Or Mere Christianity.)

Agree. The “country” is the Universe.

Yes. Agree with you.

No. The country is the Kingdom of Heaven Jesus refers to in the Gospels.

No, not really you don’t because we are not talking about the same God.

I really would like to know what is the difference. Wikipedia: Gospel of Matthew, the “kingdom of heaven” described "a process, a course of events, whereby God begins to govern or to act as king or Lord, an action, therefore, by which God manifests his being-God in the world of men.
I could not agree with this more.

So we have two Gods? Does that measure up with the Bible? I thought “One God” was a central message of Abraham and Jesus.