Was Abraham Father of the Jews or of Humanity?

What would happen if Abram never had his name changed? Does changing of name causes action - or could action still happen without name change? Was the name change a new word added to vocabulary?
How come no new names for Abraham’s wife? She’s the mother., what causes mother to keep same name and still action happens?

Abram Abraham

Her name was Sarai, and was changed to Sarah

I didn’t know that that the wife’s name was changed too., does changing names help with actions so others around them knows? Is this for means of communication or what would had happened if Abraham and Sarah’s names weren’t changed? Can action still happen?
It’s like God says, and their names are changed, was this a new vocabulary added to language then., or only a name only?
Was this during the time when there were vowels?
Cause at one time there wasn’t any vowels?
Did vowels cause action?
YHWH has no vowels yet there’s action, how did adding vowels cause more action?
Did vowels help people communicate?
What was Abraham name without vowels?
How much does language cause action such as seed zera?

I don’t know what you mean by vowels causing more action. What you could use is a good study Bible, like the Harper Collins Study Bible.

YHWH communicated spirit because we’re spirit. What other ways did YHWH communicate to spirit?

Or is the only way to communicate is material only?

Vowels weren’t invented of yet., so I was curious what was Abraham’s name without vowels?
Can we see the original manual showing Abraham’s name?
Do you know how to find an original manual?
How come here oldest Septuagint manuscript- seeing original manuals? Codex Sinaiticus - Home
There’s no Exodus? Where’s Exodus, can you find Exodus? I found other books but where’s Exodus? I understand Abraham is in a different book. I think. Ok what book is Abraham in? Here’s Genesis https://codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.aspx?book=1Genesis, 21:26 - 22:17 library: SC folio: scribe: D
Codex Sinaiticus - See The Manuscript | Genesis |
I wonder how to find the name Abraham. Can you help me with this? Or is this LXX., what is LXX? Am I using the wrong original manuals? How many words are missing, how do we understand this original manual Can anyone help me with this please? Communication I am told how important it is., read bible, that’s communication right? First it’s oral, then it’s written, then there’s translations. So I ask who is Abraham? How did Abraham communicate? How did Abraham make sure others believed him and continue further to more people as years goes by? I looked up Abraham and it claims can’t be found. Take a look, or can you find the name Abraham and help me out with this? Codex Sinaiticus - Advanced search
So can anyone in this thread., take a look at this and help me find the name Abraham in this original manual? Or even more interesting, what about finding YHWH in this original manual I think this is on topic., it’s more an investigator how to investigate? While asking is Abraham for humanity for all or only some people and why? Where is Abraham now? Could anyone go talk to Abraham now? What happens to Zera seed when people can’t talk to the father, due to the physical body gone, is it a story then or what? What is memory? What is spirit and when spirit remembers? Does Abraham remember after he left his physical body? So what is this land Yisrael or Israel., how come Y isn’t there when typing Israel? What happen to ‘Y’

I snip this to show Genesis and there’s a lot of words missing., how does one read this and understand, can you help me with this how? You can also find it here too so can see it., Codex Sinaiticus - See The Manuscript | Genesis |

Vowels weren’t “invented”. The ancient Hebrew was written without the vowels and actually without breaks between sentences or other punctuation. This isn’t a problem for a person fluent in the language as they can easily fill in the vowels and read the text.

An abbreviation used for the Septuagint. A Greek translation of the OT supposedly done by 70 Hebrew experts. The Roman numeral LXX = 70. Cute.

The culture at the time was largely oral. The origin of the Hebrew language dates to about the same time period. The stories of Abraham would have been passed down orally until they were written down later.

This is addressed by experts in textual criticism. You can read about it here.

2 Likes

Why don’t you start at the beginning, by actually reading the Bible? Abraham shows up in Genesis 12. Then you can read scholarly commentary. And then other related topics. Don’t start by going in a hundred directions at once. After all, one doesn’t start violin lessons by learning one of the Paganini violin concertos.

2 Likes

I read that insertion of .H. in the name abram signifies expanding his writ to all believers. That admitted, the question is whether we use abram.s higher quality of the message of one god to further the lower political objectives of capturing canaan as being done; or use his bilogical bequeathal to his descendants to further the higher objective of one god as, in my opinion, should be done?

Can anyone provide reference to the world geography at the time of ptolemy? They would have no access to the non.egypt traditions of the original place of abraham since they were placed in separate chambers. It seems to me that the masoretic text possibly follows the same errors. The bequeathal of canaan to bioLogical descendants could be an idea of this time. Why would GOD deprive the canaanite believers in favour of abrahamic believers? God does not discriminate.

I’ve written to Jews about Ptolemy

I was told many times that I needed to go to the original manuals, but I didn’t know how.

I learn now from you @Terry_Sampson about separate chambers. I never heard about that.

@Terry_Sampson How come you tell everyone that I don’t need any more rabbit holes to explore., this is embarrassing

Now I feel embarrassed. This is so embarrassing and sad.

I really enjoy learning from Torath Mosheh Jews how their language is so different from the Orthodox Jews. Yet they both read from original manuals and I was in the process of understanding this and also how to find original manuals.

I don’t understand this story of Abraham and his wives not helping their sons not forming a healthy bond, so can be brothers in a healthy supportive relationships

Why wasn’t that YHWH priority for them to have a healthy relationship., during that time? Instead YHWH pushed the adults to their breaking point that then caused the Adults not be stable enough for their children, which led to what you see now?

It seems this story shows how not to get along and how to cause half siblings not to get along

What was the purpose of that; during that time when Abraham was alive?

The pattern I notice is break people down to given up.
Many stories seems to have this pattern; do you notice this too?

The Canaanites people voice was condemned or blended in., that’s the next pattern I noticed., either broken to giving up or condemned and no longer a voice.

I don’t understand this pattern style of communication

Another pattern I observe is one God

But understanding of one God is understanding actual exchange of currency

Light who lives in all of us

Also I want to add the living word lives in us all as we allow living word in us teach us the real original manual spiritual life

Well, do you want to actually learn what the Bible says about Abraham? Shouldn’t we start there?
Most people on this forum know of Abraham primarily through the Bible. That is a given.

I hope this is the case. I believe we do not have any info of the beliefs of the Canaanites. The worship of baal could be done along with belief in one god. If that were the case, would god take the land of Canaan from the canaanite believers in one god and give to Jewish believers in one god?

Why the interest in over-analyzing every sentence? If I failed to answer a question people can always repeat it.

You are the one named as causing embarrassment and sadness.

And you are the one who said, “Have you ever read any of the Bible, in any language? Is there one in your home?”

My apologies. I should have clarified non.biblical sources. Al the references you provide are of the Canaanites from the biblical perspective. That is likely biased. Pl do provide any reference that studies Canaanite religion on its own without the biblical anchor. I would be grateful.

Yes we do have an answer if we give up the colored glasses. We need to understand abraham as the father of believers. His possible capture by the Jews for their political ends needs to be examined.

@beaglelady thank you for your understanding where my embarrassment is coming from and that is @Terry_Sampson words

@Terry_Sampson wrote @riversea does not need more “rabbit holes” to explore. She has been given too many already.

@Terry_Sampson wrote beaglelady thinks you should start learning about Abraham by reading the Bible.
Are you going to tell her that you don’t have one, that your parents are probably Muslims from another country, like maybe Turkey or Bosnia?

@bharatjj can you help me stay on topic in your thread about One God

If I again not remain on topic and Moderators closes thread, can you see where my challenges are how to remain on topic?

I keep feeling the needs to defend myself

@beaglelady I want to thank you for your deep understanding as you see it

Thank you @beaglelady

My question as yes I’ll find a way to include Abraham., as I’m not Muslim why is it the second time I must defend myself that I’m not Muslim

I am a private person, is that ok to be a private person

ok how to include Abraham

I believe there’s only one God.

I’m going to be honest what is this style of communication

Did you actually check or are you judging the book by it’s cover? If you had you would have found plenty of non-biblical sources. Here is just one footnote

Ugaritic studies is a scholarly field. For example, Stories From Ancient Canaan, Michael D. Coogan and Mark S. Smith, 2012. Thanks to the thousands of tablets found near Ugarit over the last 100 years we know a lot that is not based on the Bible.

2 Likes

Thank you @beaglelady for your understanding

Yes you’re correct I’m embarrassed because of Terry’s words.

So I want to thank you @beaglelady for seeing it

Now to practice seeing if I can remain on topic.

Abraham. This is a challenge how to stay on topic.

The letter H in the name of Abraham is 5 or 1:4
1 is the little upper line that’s detach and 4 is the other area. Keep that in mind when reading more as it’ll explain.

Heh - The fifth letter of the Hebrew alphabet

What is the letter H does the mormons believe in

Do they think like the Hebrews with the letter H

as it’s H that changed Abram to Abraham

Heh (Hei) is the fifth letter of the Hebrew alphabet

ה

The yud (the detached left leg) represents G‑d. I think that’s the little upward line. so in a way would that be the inner ‘I’ we all carry?

**The other line is the physical world, called the dalet. **

The yud (the detached left leg) represents G‑d, and thus spirituality

Ok that was enjoyable and fun. To learn the Hebrew letter H
The letter H that @bharat was talking about: Bharat wrote: I read that insertion of .H. in the name abram signifies expanding his writ to all believers.

In reference message Was Abraham Father of the Jews or of Humanity? - #97 by bharatjj

now if I do see that shape I’ll understand the meaning of that shape,

I enjoy the process of learning that.

Thank you @beaglelady for your understanding
I enjoy learning the hebrew letter H and that letter in Abraham’s name

@beaglelady @bharatjj I agree there’s only one God

1 Like