Was Abraham Father of the Jews or of Humanity?

Oh well, happy bone chewing. Great talking with u. My takeaway is that we are seeing Canaanites through biblical glasses to justify biblical politics that has no basis in the holy bible.

1 Like

Thank u for drawing my attention to Ugaritic texts in this context. I made a brief survey. This is what I found.

Most interesting among these details are references to a Canaanite god named El or Elohim, which translates loosely as “the Lord.” The Ugaritic texts indicate that while other gods were worshiped, El reigned supreme over all the deitie…
The question would be this. Was Joshua justified in capturing the land of Canaanite believers.
I do not have the time to study this in detail at present. Pl do share if u have a summary if their beliefs. Thx.

We need to continue this @bharatjj @Terry_Sampson @beaglelady Glow in light in adversity. That is why

@Terry_Sampson continue being you because then I can will I had it has grow., I didn’t see that word glow., I’ll use grow instead, in light in adversity., ha ha another story of glow, oh wait I’ll say it now, at times i’ll see light in people radiate out of people while still in people but in this case, I’m looking actually in the word grow., i didn’t even see the L I saw R 'till I’m typing, that’s funny only my humor that i’ll laugh unless this is funny ok., i see humor

so welcome glad to have met you and lets continue even if I might be slow at this

I did learn a lot about the Hebrew letter H, wow did I learn a lot about that letter., its actually amazing

however what are the letters that the Canaanites used?

was it close to the Hebrew letters

its a question ok; I’m starting off with questions even if they’re answered, its just me helping me through this

ok as awkward as I am, this is how I learn

I love learning so so so so much, it really makes life so interesting, I really love asking the what is questions and I love this

I really love learning so much, I love asking what is this and what is that

So please lets continue even if we disagree, I’ll learn also how you comprehend and learn @beaglelady mormon version too

give me time and I’ll extremely have questions for @Terry_Sampson and @beaglelady in your comprehension for me to comprehend you more

yes i didn’t ask about further of serpent Jesus., because i put it on my due list, that i didn’t get to

ok canaanites., welcome to this forum, where ever you are.,

are there any canaanites today, please come to this forum and share

what type of blood does canaanites have

is it negative O blood

what type of blood does indians have in India, is it negative O blood or what?

what type of blood did Jesus have?

what type of blood do people in Israel have back in exodus era compare to now

what is blood

what is blood in spirituality language

what is baal, what is blood to baal compare to blood to Jesus?

I’m back with my flaws and with all the rabbit holes

what is a rabbit, why was the rabbit chose for

how does rabbits make their holes and why

what thoughts do rabbits have?

do rabbits ever wonder about spirituality like humans do?

are rabbit holes different compare to what others animals make, how come?

what kind of blood does a rabbit have?

did hebrews kill rabbits to take care of any laws to YHWH

or was rabbits not included in this forgot word, kill but its something else, what word is that

to kill an animal for yhwh

what would happen if Abraham killed a rabbit instead of what he did kill what animal was that

cause abraham didn’t kill his son

so could killing a rabbit taken care of yhwh emotions that yhwh was dependant on that abraham thought that yhwh needed?

what was that yhwh needed that day compare to other days

i’m fine now @bharatjj @beaglelady @Terry_Sampson and welcome to @Coca as i can’t find his message that was deleted

please welcome here in this forum to @Coca

I’m honor to meet you @Coca I am extremely honor to meet you @Coca

@Coca what are your thoughts about the Canaanites? And what are your thoughts about Rabbit holes and are there people who can handle Rabbit holes better then others and if so how come?

A quick Google search found Canaanite Religion which includes a brief list of references.

The Hebrew letter H is extremely amazing

H Hebrew Letter...

The letter H in the name of Abraham is 5 or 1:4
1 is the little upper line that’s detach and 4 is the other area.

Heh (Hei) is the fifth letter of the Hebrew alphabet

ה

The yud (the detached left leg) represents G‑d. I think that’s the little upward line. so in a way would that be the inner ‘I’ we all carry?

The other line is the physical world, called the dalet

The yud (the detached left leg) represents G‑d, and thus spirituality

Ok that was enjoyable and fun. To learn the Hebrew letter H

1 Like

If I might interject here. First, Canaanites refers to different ethnic groups that lived in the same region. The Phoenician alphabet and the Paleo-Hebrew alphabet were similar. The current Hebrew alphabet evolved from the Aramaic alphabet so it isn’t similar.

No.

Usually blood represents life.

“Down the rabbit hole” is a English language idiom. It refers to Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll and it means to get deep into a subject or end up someplace strange.

1 Like

There was an interesting PBS show on written language last week that showed the evolution from pictographic writing to current written script.

Ah, here it is:

1 Like

Thank you. It seems that Canaanite and biblical religions were similar at 1500 bce. That would dismiss the claim of the Jews to Canaan as being divinely ordained. I wonder how the jews have respond to this.

Except Abraham predates the modern Hebrew alphabet. So the Paleo-Hebrew letter that was added to his name was actually Ha (𐤄). From The Paleo-Hebrew Dictionary.

Similar doesn’t mean the same or equivalent or equally false.

How do you figure that? God promised the land to Abraham unless you want to dismiss most of the OT as being fake.

The video is not available.

Terry. Thx. But this does not provide any justification for killing the Canaanites and grabbing their land. Where does that leave the moral base of israel?

That promise was to the believers in One God and included the Canaanite believers in El. No promise to biological descendants. Further, can u explain how converts get right to israel not being biological descendants.

Bummer. Might check your local listings to see if they rerun it. PBS like everyone else seems to move its content to some form of subscription. However, when I clicked the link, it worked just now, so maybe it was a temporary internet problem if you want to try again.

Not what my Bible says.

seed: zera a sowing, seed, offspring

NASP Translation carnally* (1), child (1), children (3), descendant (3), descendants (105), descent (1), family (6), fertile (1), grain (3), intercourse* (2), line (1), nation (1), offspring (38), offspring’s offspring (1), origin (1), posterity (1), race (1), seed (48), seedtime (1), seminal (4), seminal* (1), son* (1), time (1), what you sow (1)

Certainly doesn’t look like it means believers.

There is a process, painful for some males, to convert to Judism. After which you are considered Jewish will all the benefits that entails, AFAIK.

I’m watching it, right now

so it works

it’s interesting how they use this tool and press into clay
clay graphic

It works, I’m able to watch

baal and he had a conselt (sp?) beloved of female balaam or., what name., Canaanite Goddess

Oh wow., your right., My H is to advance
H Hebrew Letter...

@Bill_II Your H (𐤄) is Abraham time?
What does H look like in India during that time I wonder?

(𐤄) is still fifth letter - you say arms stretch out, there’s a line ontop, maybe that’s the head,

The Paleo-Hebrew language or Original Ābarayam language is one spoken with an emphasis on the rauach (breath, wind, spirit)

In India that language was pre-Sanskrit was the H the fifth letter too?

@bharatjj is there any H that we can see from Abraham time in India

Does meena people have the letter H?

I learn that one can take a tool and press on clay

@Bill_II this is interesting about H

wait look Masoretic Hebrew
Askenazi Hebrew
Israeli Hebrew
Modern Hebrew
that’s for ה

Here’s Hindu modern H एच

Nope

I suspect it is an international copyright issue.

What countries can stream PBS - Google Search