Was Abraham Father of the Jews or of Humanity?

The baby’s own vit. K production overshoots the mom’s level and peaks on the eighth day before stabilizing. Guess what day the Bible mandates circumcision (I don’t think Whitman mentions that).

Abraham knows how to walk

Abraham seen water

2 Likes

I am not curious about RiverSea’s age, and I never asked. It would be inappropriate. What I wanted to know is why you referred to her as a kid.

Riversea, as already explained by @beaglelady no major religion requires FGM, if anybody told you that they were misinformed. It’s performed mainly in African countries, and some happen to be Muslim, but this tradition mainly originates from tribal believes that unfortunately still continues. And also I would like to add that you really cannot compare it with male circumsituon.

2 Likes

Abraham seen clouds

There are medical conditions that may require this procedure, some also claim medical benefits. Not everyone who’s is curcumsised undergone this procedure for religious reasons.

Riversea, you don’t have to prove anything, it’s universally acknowledged that there’s no need nor benefits to FGM, only negative consequences.

Are they religious scholars? Do they claim to have expertise in their religion? If they have no credentials, then they’re simply mistaken.
A lot of FGM happens in Muslim countries, but procedure predates it, so we cannot blame it on Islam. Some claim that Qur’an doesn’t explicitly ban it, but it’s as far as it goes, nobody HAS TO do it.

A quick online search will reveal that unfortunately they do it in India as well.

You keep bringing up you tube videos, well if somebody has access to YT they also should have access to websites that could educate them in a matter of minutes…

You present excellent points, Marta. My impression is that FGM is primarily used as a tool of patriarchal societies in the oppression of women, which certainly awful, and part of the curse of sin from a Christian perspective.

If there is no further discussion of the topic of Abraham as the father of humanity, at least in the spiritual sense, perhaps it is time to wrap this thread up. Any last comments relevant to the topic?

1 Like

We have strayed far from the topic. It is for u to decide whether to close or being back.

Abram will learn his name is Abraham

Abraham can speak

The question is how do we see judaism? What is primary? 1. Laws such as circumscision. 2. Biological inheritance such as the land of canaan. 3. Philosophical inheritance such as one god.

Judaism is based on the belief that one God established a covenant with a group of people. The covenant granted the people a claim to land. God provided a set of laws for the Jews to follow which included circumcision and dietary restrictions among others.

So what is primary is the belief in one God. IMHO.

1 Like

If u see opening thread, the bible is clear on one god. Not clear on land and laws. The land could be given to biological descendants or spiritual descendants.

I agree entirely. At the same time we may ponder whether there is a moral difference in circumscision of, say, a 3 yr old boy and fgm of a 3 yr old girl.

You must be reading a different Bible from mine. It is quite clear on the land and laws. The land was given to the Children of Israel. The promise given to the spiritual descendants of Abraham, AKA Christians, is another destination.

1 Like

Have you ever heard of Torath Mosheh Jews? The Torath Mosheh Jews don’t acknowledge the words “Hebrew Israelites.” Have you ever heard of this?

How come the Torath Mosheh Jews comprehend the original manuals differently then the orthodox Jews?

The statement “Hebrew Israelite” does not exist in any ancient or modern Torath Mosheh Text. Thus, the statement “Hebrew Israelite” has no meaning in any Torath Mosheh language and has no meaning within Torath Mosheh Jewish communities.

Have you ever heard about this?

So what happens when different types of Jews don’t agree with each other, who then is correct?

Well I have now.

Not surprising since to be an Israelite requires that you live in the state of Israel, a modern day country. I was told being Hebrew is based on your family. Being Jewish is based on your choice of religion. But there is also a shared cultural heritage involved.

Same reason there are thousands of Christian denominations. People chose to interpret the texts differently.

All, neither, or some.

Did he actually use the phrase “Hebrew Israelite”? Hebrews are Israelites.
EDIT 1: Hebrews (Israelites) lived in ancient times.

Citizens of the modern state of Israel are called Israelis.

EDIT 2: A Jew is somebody born to a Jewish mother OR converts to Judaism

You would be an Israeli if you were born in the modern state of Israel.