Was Abraham Father of the Jews or of Humanity?

I did write that Mormons believe that Quetzalcoatl, the Aztec plumed serpent god, was really Jesus Christ.

Do you not see the difference? It’s not that hard to understand…

I did write that Mormons believe that Quetzalcoatl, the Aztec plumed serpent god, was really Jesus Christ.

I never said that Jesus is a serpent.

Do you not see the difference?

But meaning is important.

Good question. We can ask @Dale himself. Did you say that RiverSea goes to Satan?

I don’t claim anything past what I said. Satan is a liar, he disguises himself as an angel of light and we all need to be careful not to be duped, especially if you think you have seen such. Anything that points away from Jesus is a lie.

1 Like

Abraham really believed he heard God

Abram had his name changed to Abraham

The serpent is the symbol of the spine. As per hindu understanding there are 7 psychic centers in the spine that are switches for 7 parts of the brain. 6 of these are unconscious brain. Thus the serpent can be a symbol of the unconscious. I am not familiar with the Aztec beliefs. But this could underlie the symbolism of Jesus as serpent.
My thinking of india roots of the exodus has nothing to do with jesus who lived 1500 years later.
The geological shift was billion of years ago and has nothing to do with this.

My sense is that circumscision and fgm may be related to health aspects of infections. Religion captured it.

YHWH knows Abraham

Abraham walk on the earth

I think I already answered that:

Abraham saw land

1 Like

Abraham saw sky

Abraham saw animals

1 Like

Good reason for me to choose the Bible over the Qur’an.

I believe in the shepherd creator of the Bible rather than this watchmaker (design machine maker) of Deism and the Qur’an. God made the universe as a womb of life in which living things could grow, learn, make choices, because that is what life is. Design is the work of those who create dead things – tools made for an end in which life and free will serves no useful purpose. This “perfect design” theology is not only incompatible with science but is poor theology also. Unless God has left us to perfect our own design with our own choices, learning and growth, the evil of the world is an accusation of evil in its creator.

Ah… but I suppose I am missing the point of your post. I would not say that God designed us perfectly and thus we dare not make any modification BUT that any modification should be our own choice. Therefore I cannot say I would favor this practice of some Muslims any more than I would favor the ear piercing of babies or even worse… the SF idea that parents could modify the very genetics of their children to suit themselves.

Genetic alterations to remove congenital disease and handicaps is a more complex issue – the idea being to give them more choices rather than take their choices away from them.