Exodus from Egypt or Indus Valley?

I wonder what it’s like to use a sundials in the mountains vs flat lands?

What situations makes it difficult to use a sundials?

@Bill_II wrote:

Moses born about 1525 BCE. so sundials were used before Moses was born

@Mervin_Bitikofer

What are your thoughts about Universal Salvation is also Orthodox Christian?

The Father: Matthew 6:9-10, NIV Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
The will of God the Father is to fufill His promise to creation, to have all people worshipping Him in goodness and joy. Thus, all people will go to Heaven.

This I got from

How are you @Terry_Sampson an Orthodox? Can you explain in detail? and what does dox mean with in the word Orthodox?

What is orthodox actually

Was Jesus orthodox and how?
Was Moses Orthodox and how?
Was Canaanites Orthodox ever?

When was this word Orthodox first used and what word was this before the word Orthodox was ever used?

Do people ever dream in their sleep Orthodox types of dreams?

After Moses killed and fled, the well that Moses went to, was that in an Orthodox type of village?

Oh and here’s proof that @bharatjj loves Jesus

The love they have for Jesus is agreed between @Klax and @bharatjj

So I think @bharatjj is an orthodox too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am. So He was wrong?

That is NOT proof.

• I am not an Orthodox Christian and I am not an orthodox Christian. In fact, I suspect that folks would say that I am a very unorthodox Christian, but I do have some very orthodox opinions and beliefs.

All I know, Riversea, is that my “orthodoxy” is that I no longer wish to chase after orthdoxy or all of its many self-appointed guardians. I want to follow instead after the One who is a [the] shepherd of all our souls - yours, mine, and everyone else’s - even to the last, lost sheep. He is the one I want to aspire to be like. After that - any and all ‘orthodoxy’ will take care of itself. Let the dead bury their own dead. It’s only after that when real life begins.

Sorry if some of that is hard to understand. Just focus on Christ. And let the rest settle as it may.

1 Like

I’ll also add to my post above that I don’t recall any gospel record of Jesus affirming, much less encouraging any disciple’s obsessions with another’s judgment destiny.

“What is that to you? … You follow me.”

And yet here we are in our culture obsessing over the spiritual fates of millions … of others. Anybody but ourselves as it turns out.

1 Like

“Jesus said to him, ‘Feed my sheep…’”

At some point, this touches on ‘orthodoxy’. Yes there are what some will call second order issues. But not when it comes to the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. In other words, the Gospel.

They work as long as the sun is shining enough to cast a shadow.

1 Like

They’re not very portable, either.
Should be level, on flat, level ground, free of obstructions. Common sense stuff.

Interesting, at least to me, tidbit. The Egyptians build vertical sundials on the wall. And somewhere around here I have a whole book on building sundials.

1 Like

Whoa! That’s cool! THanks!
Bill_II, what’s your book? That sounds really interesting.

Firstly, we are talking of c. 1500 BCE, not “early.” Secondly, compare with Indus. Storehouses and worker houses vs. entire cities. Thirdly, 1% straw as binder vs 50% starw as fuel. Egypt does not stand a chance when compared with Indus.
Further, the Hebrews had already learnt to make burnt bricks at the time of Noah. One may expect them to teach the Pharaoh to make burnt bricks. Why would they regress?

Come on! 99 percent effort of clay does not find mention. And the Pharaoh would harass them for 1% straw as binder? Compare with Indus where 50% cost of burnt bricks was straw.

A place where God parted the sea and where there is a natural parallel as in the Indus stands tall against a place where God parted the sea and where there is NO natural parallel.

This follows the convention. This does not stand when you will reply to the 19 points below that are inconvenient and you have consistently avoided to confront them.

Egypt: Skeletons of infants of three months old and younger, usually several in one box, buried under homes in a slave town called Kahun (Exodus 1:16), corresponding to Pharaoh’s slaughter of Hebrew infants. But we don’t know the narrative behind it.

Indus: Hindu King Kamsa ordered all male children of the Yadavas to be killed. No parallel legend in Egypt.

No reply 1.

Egypt: Masses of houses and shops in Kahun, abandoned so quickly that tools, household implements, and other possessions were left behind. The findings suggest the abandonment was total, hasty, and done on short notice (Exodus 12:30–34, 39), consistent with the Israelites’ sudden exit from Egypt in the wake of Passover.

Indus: Entire cities were abandoned around 1500 BCE.

No reply 2.

Egypt: Court advisors used rods that look like snakes (Exodus 7:10–12). This partly corroborates the magical opposition against Moses performed by Pharaoh’s advisors.

Indus: The stick is a standard weapon even in contemporary India.

No reply 3

Egypt: The Ipuwer Papyrus, a work of poetry stating, in part, “Plague stalks through the land and blood is everywhere… Nay, but the river is blood… gates, columns and walls are consumed with fire… the son of the high-born man is no longer to be recognized… The stranger people from outside are come into Egypt… Nay, but corn has perished everywhere.” But the connection of this narrative with the Hebrews is not established. There is no reference to them leaving.
Indus: The Hindu texts tell of the Yadavas leaving due to natural calamities or troubles.

No reply 4

Egypt: No location of Second Yam Suf (Numbers 33:10).

Indus: Hamun-e-Mashkel water body falls on the route.

No reply 5

Egypt: Sinai was under control of Egyptians.

Indus: The Indus formed a natural border between the fleeing Hebrews and pursuing Mitsrites.

No reply 6

Egypt: No volcano in Sinai.

Indus: Taftan.

No reply 7.

Egypt: No place named Paran in Sinai.

Indus: Ancient place name ‘Paran” near Isfahan.

No reply 8.

Egypt: No Kings Highway between Egypt and Israel.

Indus: Kings Highway matches with the Silk Route from Tehran to Baghdad.

No reply 9.

Egypt: No Mount Hor in Sinai.

Indus: Mount Hor matches with Kangavar. Local legends tell of an “Enclosure of Kanha”—which is another name of Krishna whom we identify as Moses.

No reply 10.

Egypt: No reason why Hebrews would go to Aquaba where the third Yam Suf is supposed to be located.

Indus: Third Yam Suf matches with Shatt al-Arab.

No reply 11.Born in duress.

No reply 12.

Infant flown across the river.

No reply 13.

From royal family.

No reply 14.

Kills Mitsrite-Kamsa and leaves.

No reply 15.

Apprentice with Jethro-Sandipani.

No reply 16.

Returns.

No reply 17.

Leaves homeland with his kin.

No reply 18.

Bible: Let every man put his sword on his side, and go in and out from entrance to entrance throughout the camp, and let every man kill his brother, kill his companion, and every man his neighbour (Exodus 32:27).

Son killed father, brother killed brother, nephew killed uncle, grandson killed grandfather, friend killed friend… When their arrows were exhausted and weapons were broken, they started pulling out reeds from the seacoast. This grass grew out of the powder of the pestle (Bhagwata Purana 11:30:13, 19-21).

No reply 19.
@Bill_II NO rabbit hole here. Only the movement from darkness to light.

Lay out the verses, please. Let me examine.

You’re the one making the claim. You do the work. The corollary of your cultural misappropriation, your nationalist agenda, your inverted cultural imperialism, is that Jesus was wrong about His history. Jesus did not for one moment believe that His Israelite ancestors, like himself personally, did not come out of Egypt. He did not believe that 1871 years before His birth His ancestors wandered through multiple societies to India, stayed in India for 430 years, and wandered back, encountering no one, for 40. Ooh. And who were the Midianites?

• And evidence that every Jew since Moses, and every Muslim since Muhammad, and every Christian since the first twelve were Chosen were wrong and, therefore that Yahweh and Allah were wrong, too?
  • How is any claim among the foregoing not “promoting unorthodox religious beliefs” and proselytizing?
  • Even your protégé realized how ridiculous it is to say some very un-Christian things when she’s “here in a mainly Christian forum.”

Your 19 points don’t address the documented history of Semitic slaves in Egypt.

Your 19 points don’t address the presence of Late Egyptian loan words in the Hebrew language.

And since you don’t seem to understand confirmation bias here is a definition.

For example

A stick is a standard weapon in Japan. So this point doesn’t add to your argument but due to your confirmation bias you think it does.

Any river would form a natural border so picking the Indus is just the result of your confirmation bias.

And this is why I am not going to bother going through your 19 points. When you get to 95 points and nail them to a church door then perhaps you will gather some more traction.

2 Likes

Actually Bharatj thinks it was the Jews returning from the Exile that forgot that the nation had been enslaved (or worked for crappy wages) in India and for some reason (none offered yet) decided it must have been Egypt. This despite the fact that there were Jews who weren’t carried off into exile. His theory also suffers from the inconvenient fact that the Jews who remained behind remembered where Jacob’s well was located (it should have been in India).

4 Likes

Screenshot_2021-01-27 whack a mole - Google Search

3 Likes

So, in his “expert” opinion, the first five books of the Old Testament were composed and written after the Exile, the pre-Exile stuff in the other books incorrectly attributed the post-Exodus pre-Exile history was simply incorrect attribution of events to the wrong locations?