Exodus from Egypt or Indus Valley?

We may like to examine how the believrrs in the Apostle of Love led to the Inquisitions and … I sincerely request let us discuss exodus.

Yes. There is a huge industry around it. Let us discuss exodus.

Let us discuss exodus.

You brought up Jesus’s statement. And you reinterpreted it into nonsense. That is what I am replying to.

Their sins have nothing to do with your wrong claim. Again, I am replying to your claims.

Don’t we see how

Kindly restate your replies to op on exodus. Thx.

Theology may have had some role? Let us discuss exodus.

Why? What’s it got to do with Jesus and what’s your problem with Him?

None at all. I love Jesus. His message of love is unparalleled.

1 Like

Agreed. So where did He believe the Exodus happened?

• Who’s version: yours or Christianity’s; yours or Judaism’s; yours or Islam’s; your’s or the Qur’an’s; yours or the Old Testament’s? your’s or this forum’s official position which assumes Christianity’s and the Old Testament"?
  • Does this forum’s “official policy of 'gracious dialogue” encourage you to believe that your “theory of an ‘Exodus from the Indus Valley’” should prevail–in this forum–over Christianity and the Tanakh’s claim that the Exodus was from Egypt by Jews led by Moses"?
  • Before you answer that, read this statement from BioLogos’ FAQS/Guidelines:
    • “Participate with an aim to gain deeper understanding about orthodox Christian faith and/or mainstream science, and constructively explore the relationship between them. Users whose participation in discussions seems primarily focused on promoting unorthodox religious beliefs, idiosyncratic ideas about faith and/or science, or anti-religious sentiments will be asked to take their proselytizing efforts elsewhere.”
  • What say you? That you have a right under “under the rule of gracious dialogue” to present your case for your theory of “an Exodus from the Indus Valley” based on “possibilities”?
  • You’ve asserted your claim, much to my dismay, chagrin, and objection.
  • All your protests aside, your claim is an attack on the faith of Christians–in this forum and outside of this forum.
  • Neither God the Father nor Jesus Christ need my defense. But I cannot and will not stand by silently while you question and challenge the faith of people who loved me more than I deserved and while you continue to attempt to replace fundamentals of that faith with your theory based on “possibilities”.
3 Likes

Jesus would have followed the belief prevalent after LXX. His focus was on breaking the shackles and establishing love.
Please respond to the points in the op.

No. I am establishing the historicity of the OT and challenging those that doubt it.

2] Archaeological evidence

• Baby Moses’ mother floated him on a river in a basket

• What was Moses’ baby basket made of?

• Was Moses’ basket made out of Cyperus papyrus and any of the various rushes of the genera Scirpus and Typha? I don’t know as I hadn’t look further.

• Did Egypt have any Cyperus papyrus?

So far I see The Egyptian Papyrus for boats

This is a rough draft as I hadn’t look further into this

Papyrus from nile or indus.

That is misstated. Far from establishing it, you’re introducing your own conjectures and expecting others to buy into it.

@Terry_Sampson pretty well nailed it in his citation,

1 Like

Please not buy it. Contest it. This is a place for gracious dialogue not war.
I have read Terry’s bio and am touched. May there be more christians who help the young.

Oh, so you’re a “User” in this forum “whose participation in discussions seems primarily focused on promoting unorthodox religious beliefs”? By your own words you condemn yourself.

1 Like

Don’t believe most of what you read in that thread.

Yes Moses would have known about time. The Egyptians invented sundials to tell time in the daytime and water clocks to tell time at night. Victor said

Yes, because the Egyptians had divided the day into 12 periods and the nights into 12 periods and everyone knows the length of the night changes during the year so they adjusted their water clocks to always indicate 12 periods during the night.

1 Like

I told myself not to get started down this rabbit hole, but here I go.

Wrong, as you have been told multiple times. The early pyramids were built with mud brick cores. Temple storehouses were built with mud brick. The workers on the stone pyramids were housed and fed in mud brick buildings.

Wrong. The collection of straw would have been additional effort that had to be expended while the tally of bricks remained the same.

A simple assertion on your part with no evidence to back it up. And God could part the Red Sea just like in the movie if He so choses.

No, Moses was dark, you said so yourself, just like all of the people around him. So by your logic all of the people around Moses also have a connection to Krishna.

So one name is A R N and the other is A R M, or a 66% match. Now how many other pairs of names can you find with only a 66% match?

Given all of your “points” suffer from confirmation bias I see no reason to continue to point out the problems with your theory.

I will close with this tidbit from The Rise of Ancient Israel.

1 Like