Was Abraham Father of the Jews or of Humanity?

I’m writing this in general ok. Because I’m seeking advice.

What advice do you have for me, because I didn’t see it coming, when I’m in a conversations. So I can prevent this from happening again?

Here’s what happens.

1. I’m responding to someone who starts the idea in message.

2. Another person who hasn’t been in the conversation jumps in and tells me I’m 100% wrong.

3. I ask how am I 100% wrong?

4. Then that person sends an alert to 10 moderators claiming I can’t be talking about this.

The thing is is I can’t see this coming, where a person will inform 10 moderators. I’m thinking I’m doing all rules and blending in in a conversation.

So what advice do you have for me so I can see in the future when in a conversations so this doesn’t happen again?

And as this thread is about Abraham.

How did Abraham communicate to his children when God ask Abraham to involve his children in the middle of it all?

No problem. Nobody did anything wrong. Nobody is in trouble.

All we were doing was clarifying that the future discussion on this thread should not include arguments about whether or not the earth actually is a rotating globe that circles the sun. Everyone is free to discuss what the original ancient audience in Bible times thought and how that affects Scripture interpretation.

2 Likes

@Bill_II
You are correct., soul/spirit goes through shell/membrane so yes outside of space. You are correct., God certainly exists outside of space. So yes I agree assume that Heaven would also

Ok I hope I did ok here. Because I do agree with you I do.

How to respond is to only share areas I agree with and leave the rest alone. If I disagree with what is written, it’s ok to disagree but don’t add more to it.

Oh I want to add is God is true time, no past, no present, no future, so I agree with you also our soul/spirit leave this time we know here on earth.

verse Revelation 1:8 (KJV) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

I had to find fast so this bible stuff is sloppy research

I hope this is ok to write

That’s great. I encouraged him to take his show on the road.

1 Like

To be fair, the Bible has its share of cringe-worthy stuff.

1 When King David was very old, he could not keep warm even when they put covers over him. 2 So his attendants said to him, “Let us look for a young virgin to serve the king and take care of him. She can lie beside him so that our lord the king may keep warm.”

3 Then they searched throughout Israel for a beautiful young woman and found Abishag, a Shunammite, and brought her to the king. 4 The woman was very beautiful; she took care of the king and waited on him, but the king had no sexual relations with her.

1 Kings 1: 1-3

See, King David is elderly and can’t get warm. Bathsheba, once very hot and steamy, but now elderly herself, doesn’t turn the king on. So, they search all over Israel for a hot young virgin for him to sleep with. (And wait on him, of course.) And they found Abishag, who was sent to the King’s bedroom. Alas, King David was by this time impotent.

Bathsheba was still around but could do nothing. Nathan the prophet was still around but said nothing about David’s new partner. Nathan was not interested because this time David was not taking another man’s wife.

There are even worse stories about sex slavery, when the virgin daughters of enemy soldiers are treated as spoils of war. I’ll get to that later.

1 Like
  • What good is a Bible without the crucifixion, death, resurrection of Jesus?
  • Mark and Paul get the fundamentals across without even mentioning the birth of Jesus.
  • There are those Christians who affirm the crucified and resurrected Jesus who stand firmly convinced that Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21 is God’s own Word, and nobody nor anything will persuade them otherwise. Don’t buy into a six 24 hours/day creation story? To them, that means you believe Yahweh is a liar. Gee, that is very much what orthodox Islam believes about the Qur’an, from Surah 1:1 to Surah 114:6.
  • Either the law of Non-Contradiction is true throughout the cosmos, or it is not true throughout the cosmos; or it is true in some parts of the cosmos but not true in the other parts of the cosmos.
    • If the law of Non-Contradiction is true throughout the cosmos, there is no place in the cosmos in which the Qur’an AND the Bible are true. Bharat believes both texts are equally “holy” and equally “the Word of God”’; in other words Bharat believes that the law of Non-Contradiction is both true and false, and that he is a credible and judge of the best interpretation of both the Qur’an and the Bible. I reject his belief and deny his credibility.
    • Cringe-worthy is one thing; affirming that Allah did not condemn child-abuse by His last Prophet, is quite another thing. My Jesus never engaged in it, nor is there anything in all of the Bible to suggest that he would have approved it or not called it what it was: evil.
1 Like

This is where it all started. You wanted to know how Jesus could rise, move up, to a heaven that is over our head.

I responded with the ancient Hebrew concept of the firmament, or dome, with heaven above.

Don’t know where you found that, but it is 100% wrong, based on science.

Don’t be. No harm, no foul.

Genesis records conversations between Abraham and his family so that would be the answer to your question, if I am understanding your question correctly.

@Bill_II I just wish Marta would had communicated first before contacting 10 moderators

Why didn’t Nathan the prophet try to stop the elderly King David from sleeping with a hot young virgin who was neither his wife nor concubine?

The king didn’t sleep with her. Besides there’s nothing to suggest she was 9 years old

I deleted those two graphics., earlier

The reasons why I wonder how Abraham communicated to his children. For example, placing a child to kill, even though Abraham didn’t kill this child, how does one communicate to a child so this child knows about unconditional love when being in the middle of this situation?

• You’ll have to take that up with Nathan when you see him.
  • Obviously, of course, since that happened in Israel on Yahweh’s watch, Jesus wasn’t crucified nor did he die as a result of being crucified, and probably did just appear to be killed or crucified.
  • And, of course, that would explain why Allah didn’t say anything to Muhammad, after all: “Boys will be boys, right?” (wink, wink).
1 Like

@Bill_II this is added more info. Yes two post the same. Because I have to wait 20 hours before I can edit.

The reasons why I wonder how Abraham communicated to his children. For example, placing a child to kill, even though Abraham didn’t kill this child, how does one communicate to a child so this child knows about unconditional love when being in the middle of this situation? I don’t think the bible captures these types of conversations? So it’s left to our imagination?

Here’s the added info:
Actually as you say that Genesis records conversations with in the family., I don’t recall reading any conversations

(I ran out of editing) it won’t let me edit or add., so I created a new post. I have to wait 20 hours before I can edit.

So now you have two post of the same thing

Moot point:

• 1 Kings 1:1-2
    • Now King David was old, advanced in age; and they covered him with garments, but he could not keep warm. So his servants said to him, “Have them search for a young virgin for my lord the king, and have her attend the king and become his nurse; and have her lie on your chest, so that my lord the king may keep warm.” So they searched for a beautiful girl throughout the territory of Israel, and found Abishag the Shunammite, and brought her to the king. The girl was very beautiful; and she became the king’s nurse and served him, but the king did not become intimate with her.

That would have been perhaps even more painful for the girl. To be with a man and not be intimate can be very painful. But we should not blow up these aberrations. Focus on the main message of love for ALL humanity.

Mr Bharatjj, can you see that the setting was not one of equality, but by our standards, certainly one of abuse of power? It was certainly not in the confines of equal marriage. We must acknowledge and mourn abuse, and learn how to avoid it.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Disagree.

Randy, not sure what point are you trying to make, but I agree we can’t view those things through modern standards.
A lot of young people nowadays have jobs nursing and looking after the elderly. Often for minimum pay and virtually no appreciation. So what’s the big deal with Abishag nursing the old king then, especially if we’re to assume she wasn’t taken advantage by him? What would she be doing otherwise? Labouring in the field all day? I’m sure being a royal servant came with a lot of advantages, so perhaps we shouldn’t be too quick to judge, especially that we haven’t achieved equality ourselves

1 Like

I use to call God light.

i have a relationship with light,

2 Likes

I didn’t put that well, I guess. Sorry! My understanding of the passage was that she was meant to serve him sexually…lying on him to keep him warm was as far as it went because of senility. She was chosen to do more for him than others were doing in terms of feeding. I felt that the entire arrangement was more like sex slavery than nursing. However, certainly we can abuse people by making them work for others for little pay, and that is a good point. I only added the portion about standards because I am trying to remember that back then, they may not have realized it so strongly…though if I were her relative I likely would have been very angry and resistant to this. Thanks.

2 Likes