Should the non-religious/atheistic position of Scientists tell us something?

Maybe but im talking about Christianity right now .So the point beign?Are you that sensitive because i didnt make the argument for some other religion in general as well?Lol

Itā€™s got nothing to do with Christianity.

It was my belief in it that it was mocked.What is this?Please dont comment again o nmy threads this leads nowhere and i cant talk with you clearly.We agree on maybe 0,5%of the time .Please

Cut me off. Your beliefs were mocked. Any beliefs other than the pack belief would be. So what? Christianity measured by beliefs is insignificant, meaningless.

Really wish to but i can only hit the ignore button on your profile .If you know any other way i would be glad to hear.If not well you can at least be a decent human beign and not adress me thread no?

Iā€™m as decent as they come.

Click on your ikon, top right, go down on the left below

NickolaosPappas

Users
Ignored
ā€¦
+Addā€¦

Ignore User

Username
[klax____]

Duration:
[Forever_] v

[ Ignore ]

There you go. Youā€™re own personal echo chamber. Cheers mate.

you may be sincere but you seem to live in a different universe.

If I click on my icon I get:
summary
activity
invites
draft
preferences
and log out

so no idea where you get users.

Apart from that, the question is if it is your faith or your works that you will be judged by. If you are around long enough our will realise that it is nor your works.

My mistake:

Preferences

Users

I take this as a very unseemly slur on my fellow Christians. A direct insult, in fact. Being a bible believing Christian does not take away oneā€™s ability to do science. If one is inclined to the STEM environment it does not matter what oneā€™s religious background is. I grew up with a Christian background and have made lots of friends who also believed and we all became involved in STEM careers. Your statement reeks of the arrogance that normally accompanies the atheist - superiority over the sheep that believe in a God that made everything.
Would you have said this same thing to Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday and James Maxwell Clerk? I doubt it.

mocking others for their beliefs is a typical response of pubertarians who need to put others down in order to boost their ego. As it still happens with people like Dawkins you may realise how long some people struggle with puberty and fail to grow up :slight_smile:

It troubles me not a bit. I am encouraged that that the remaining 59% have some measure of belief. As for the 41% I continue to pray that God speaks to their hearts and helps them understand that science and belief are not incompatible.

1 Corinthians 1:18-31 Reads as follows:
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:
ā€œI will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.ā€
20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised thingsā€”and the things that are notā€”to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from Godā€”that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: ā€œLet the one who boasts boast in the Lord.ā€

Are you I implying that only YEC Christians are Bible believing? Hum. I think there are some scientific fields that YEC beliefs do not effect, yet some there are some aspects of biology, geology, astrophysics and such that are pretty incompatible with that worldview.

4 Likes

Seems to me, he is saying the Bible gives one the perfect excuse to act contrary to intelligence and wisdom. So he apparently knows well that YEC doesnā€™t make any sense and is contrary to all the evidence, but thinks the Bible gives the approval of God for this.

Never mind that he is calling God a liar in all the evidence God sends us from every corner of the universe or that he even has to twist the Bible pretty hard to make it fit his interpretation until it looks more like a comic book than anything else. But contrary to his abuse of this passage, the Bible gives the strongest warnings against defying the dictates of wisdom and against ignoring the evidence we have from all of Godā€™s creation.

What nonsense. That is like saying it is an insult to freedom fighters to say that robbing banks will make it difficult for them to have a career in law enforcement. LOL Accepting the dictates of the evidence is a requirement for being a scientist, and YEC is no more a requirement for being Christian than robbing banks is a requirement for being a freedom fighter. Stating the contradictions with the requirements of these professions is certainly not an insult to something which is completely unrelated like this.

1 Like

I think the issue isnā€™t who can do science so much as it is who is reading the Bible properly. Implying that others donā€™t believe the Bible because they donā€™t understand it as you do is presumptuous.

3 Likes

Your works are the expression of your faith. Faith is only real, meaningful if they are expressed as love. Being judged for meaningless beliefs isā€¦ meaningless. Love isnā€™t interested in that.

1 Like

Ignorance is bliss.

Oh yes. BUT modern science had no part in the wisdom of the world when this was written (neither 1 Cor 1 nor Isaiah 29), so clearly that is not what either of these passage are talking about. So what are they talking about?

Isaiah 29:13 ā€œBecause this people draw near with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
while their hearts are far from me,
and their fear of me is a commandment of men

Oh dear! This appears to be talking about religious people. So it is people who are thinking they are wise because of their religious practice and learning who God will make foolish.

And 1 Corinthians 1 is about the theological divisions in the church, so completely consistent with how this is used in Isaiah 29 this is ALSO about religious people who think they are wise because of the religious teachings of their own little group. Interesting.

This is an excellent example of why someone like me who was not raised Christian but on the contrary with nothing but contempt for the Christian establishment, nevertheless fell in love with the Bible. Because when you dig underneath the BS that so many use the Bible for you find the truth of what the Bible is really saying is actually quite startling and so opposed to they way it has been used!

1 Like

considering that your faith comes before your works it is your faith by which you will be judged. You sound like you practice a transactional love which is not love at all. It is the belief that gives your actions meaning.

So giving water to a thirsty man is meaningless? And you must burn forever for not doing it for God?