Should the non-religious/atheistic position of Scientists tell us something?

He said YEC, not Bible believing Christian. There is a difference. YEC is not the Bible, but a cartoon caricature of it with a thick layer of science fiction slathered on top of it.

James Clerk Maxwell was a Bible believing Christian, but he was not a YEC.

1 Corinthians 1:18-31 is not an anti-intellectual manifesto. There are far too many Christians who read these verses and take them as a licence to make things up, invent their own alternative reality, or pretend that they don’t know things that they actually do.

In order to understand those verses, you need to understand the cultural context in which they were written. In the first century AD, only a minority of people were able to read and write. The people it talks about as “the foolish things of the world” were people who were uneducated through lack of privilege. They aren’t talking about wilful ignorance or intellectual dishonesty.

4 Likes

Is that redundant? Or are there non-Bible-believing Christians?

Τhere are actually.You beign an example that is

Sorry? I thought you’d cut me off. I believe the Bible as much as anyone. The Church preserved the only record of God incarnate in the Bible, that’s how I know about Jesus. Otherwise it would be just oral tradition, if we never developed writing.

1 Like

It gets meaning from the faith of the person handing out the water. It’ll better be his will fir why you are doing it :slight_smile:

It can’t be because the guy’s thirsty? If it was against God’s will, I’d burn for it? If God wanted the guy to die of thirst? So to express faith in love I’d have to watch the guy die [in raving agony, like I will forever if I lift a finger]?

1 Like

We tell our kids that when they show love to their sibs and others, they are doing the will of God, unknowingly.
Matt 25:37-40

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.