More concordism may be appropriate

What wiki? Yours?

Anyone suggesting we redate the time of Abraham wouldn’t fit my definition of inerrancy, but there are many definitions so you will have to define exactly which flavor he supports.

Yes you are.

Source please.

How exactly do you known what I know? Reading minds?

Sorry but this sounds like the teacher in the Charlie Brown Christmas Special.

What is the time of Abraham?

Wiki is the source on Collins, on the doctored evidence of Tall el-Hammam. You said it’s not Sodom. It’s all there.

When I highlight Dr. Steven Collins, right click, ‘Search in sidebar for "…’ up comes

‘Steven Collins is an American inerrantist biblical archaeologist known for claiming to have discovered the site of the biblical city of Sodom at Tall el-Hammam in Jordan.’ W Wikipedia

Doing the same for Tall el-Hammam gets

Since 2005, the site has been excavated by a joint project of the unaccredited Trinity Southwest University (Albuquerque, New Mexico) and the creationist Veritas International University’s College of Archaeology & Biblical History (Santa Ana, California), headed by Steven Collins.[14][15] This group claims that Tall el-Hammam was destroyed cataclysmically by an airburst,[16] but others have raised doubts about the claim and the authors have admitted to altering the images used as evidence.[17][18]

It’s SOP for fanatic fundamentalists AND fundamentalist fanatics to lie for the truth.

I checked my 9 posts. No I didn’t.

This I can’t find. As I said before, anyone willing to change the chronology of Abraham’s life by 400 years in opposition to what the Bible says isn’t much of an inerrantist. In fact if you read the book you will discover Dr. Collins saying

This I can find.

In response there is this.

I checked. The link is of ‘Tall el-Hammam’, I cut and paste that from it. You agreed it was fiction. Sidebarring Ron Wyatt gets

Ronald Eldon Wyatt was an American adventurer noted for advocating the Durupınar site as the site of Noah’s Ark, along with almost 100 other Bible-related alleged discoveries. He has been criticized by scientists, historians, biblical scholars, as well as some creationists. W Wikipedia

Do you get that? You must have done to say what you did in response to that and not the actual Tall el-Hammam link which you agreed was fiction, badly written at that. I infer that you assumed the link was something to do with Wyatt despite being of Tall el-Hammam and you assumed it was of Durupinar. Now that you know that the link is of Tall el-Hammam, do you still agree that it is badly written fiction?

What do you get when you do Dr. Steven Collins?

What does the Bible say is the chronology of Abraham’s life that pseudo-inerrantist Collins changes by 400 years in opposition?

So you agree with Collins that Tall el-Hammam is Sodom but not his heresy that the Bible gets the chronology wrong?

Which truth is he lying for and which lie is he truthing for? I get so confused. It must be my age.

The link says:

They throw out a mention of Tall el-Hammam but that is not the location they are proposing for Sodom. They want to use the Dead Sea location so they can get in the pillars of salt. Tall el_Hamman is actually in a fertile area and there is farming right beside the site. The Dead Sea location is the fiction I was referring to. If you would like to see an actual picture of the site you can go here https://tallelhammam.com/

No. You throwing out another red herring?

Well you infer very badly.

If I could figure out what you mean I might be able to answer you.

No.

You have shown no evidence he is lying. And it isn’t heresy to suggest the dates assigned to events in the Bible are off by 300 years. But that is why he gets so much push back from other Biblical archeologists.

Well you said it not me.

So despite mentioning ‘fertile’ Tall el_Hamman, the article is about The Dead Sea. I see. What truth is which lie?

Well, which of the other three permutations is it?

That is for you to decide for yourself.

That is for me to know and you to not know (as I say to people that ask for information they don’t need). You should be able to figure that out for yourself.

Ohhhh I have, believe me.

So did God murder a thousand or ten people with a comet or was that the story that was made up after a chance comet airburst, in 2198 BCE? Like God killing Herod Aggripa with worms. Although the coincidence is incalculably many sigmas less likely. It would have to be in the megaton range, like Tunguska, to take out four of five ‘cities’. You’d think somebody else would have noticed. And that there would be unequivocal scientific evidence. It must have been too high to vitrify the landscape.

Not so high that it didn’t generate trinitite. Or are you expecting a sea of glass?

If science has repeatably found trinitite at the Dead Sea site, over square kilometres, and it’s dated to just 2198 BCE, therefore not bogusly salted, or from fulgurite, which would have random dates, then that would explain the myth.

But it hasn’t has it.

It has but you don’t have to believe it.

If there is a scientific account in a science journal that science peers have validated, I believe it. The presence of 4000 year old trinitite at ground zero in a plume, multiple plumes from generations of prevailing storms, would be 3 sigma convincing at least. Did Tunguska leave trinitite? I doubt it. As I doubt it exists on the Plain of Sdom. It would mean the alleged comet was more of a ground burst, lower than a mile high, to suck up and melt sand. Nothing would have survived the shock and blast waves. No foundations. No artefacts. Nothing.

Link to the peer reviewed science.

Argument from personal incredulity aren’t very persuasive.

In fact trinitite has been found at several locations around the world.

Feel free to search for papers.

In other words you have nothing.

There are three generic trinitite sites, Alamogordo, Hiroshima and Semipalatinsk.

None on the Plain of Sdom.

There are many fulgurite sites, especially Blackburn, Lancashire, as the Beatles sang in A Day in the Life.

It would be incredibly simple to prove that there is 4000 year old natural trinitite on the Plain of Sdom. It would be global headline news and would transform ANE studies and Abrahamic religion.

Nope. Just don’t feel like doing your homework. Ever hear of this thing called Google?

You have nothing. Not a single reputable link. If you have I will embrace it without hesitation. You . do . not .

I really, really don’t understand the psychology of this, your ethics.

There are two ways you can save face with honour. But you can not choose either.

That is 4R fanaticism.

https://www.pnas.org/content/109/28/E1903

I await your critique of why this paper is obviously wrong and you are right.

And what the heck is that? Can you please explain it in small words for this country boy.

Ron Wyatt is the biggest fraud of all time.

Is this conversation about finding Sodom? No so fast. The Pandas Thumb wrote about it here

You see this guy? You see this guy? HE Number One (naughty word) man!