Is this the end?

Its called beign realistic Mervin. How much do you think you,me,us or the world in general is gonna keep going? As Vinnie pointed out above for 2000s years wars,climate change,diseases,sin, etc etc have become rampant. The world its going crazy and will sooner or later die out. Ive stopped caring about it because well its over. Theres no recovery from any of it. Utopia will never come. So i rest my hopes in heaven. I wish the world woukd change Mervin. It wont though. The sooner youll realize it the more closer to the truth you will come

That is the despairing echo found in every generation since people have been putting pen to paper. New life rises from the ashes, NIck. It always has. It may not be much of a solace for those of us who feel we have nothing to do but sit on the heap and scrape a potshard over our sores. I’m sorry you can’t see anything over that stifling horizon. You aren’t alone in feeling so - and don’t be afraid to keep shaking your fist at God in prayer.

[And meanwhile … in defiance of … everything … just get out and do something. So-called menial work.]

2 Likes

Despairing? No not at all. Ive come to peace with it. My hope rests in heaven and well hope dies last. So until i die and my hope dies with me im enjoying whatevery bit i can from this reched planet. Whatever i can.

You know who i think is in despair? You. You and everyone with the same thinking. Because when you realize that whatever you do or how hard you try theres no redemption well you in for a shock. Till then i pray you keep trying. But remember my words when yoy finally realize that you ,me and what we did were in vain

Corruption,greed,and envy has gotten the best of humanity. Ive seen it in myself sometimes. And its scary

God save us everyone for we burn inside the fire of a thousands suns
For the sins of our hands
The sins of our tongues
The sins of our Fathers
The sins of our young

God bless us everyone
Were a broken people living under loaded gun
And it cant be outdone
It cant be outmatched
It cant be outrun

Well - then thanks for your prayers in turn, Nick!

I’m glad you have not let go of hope. Nor have I. There is much that we labor around here that is vain, and in vain. But whenever we follow Christ instead to do deeds both small or big - that work is never in vain. It is seed planted for eternity that can already be taking root in this life here and now.

Depends on what hope. I explained above what my hope is. Other than that its a lost cause

Maybe we should start getting used to the idea, not at all that we should stop trying to slow or stop it!

¹Maybe I should rephrase that.

Slowing or stopping climate change and apocalyptic fires, floods and famines is an advantage to Christians: the longer the world lasts, the more who will become Christians and the more friends and siblings we will have forever.

1 Like

My hope is in Christ. Not just for eternity, but for the here and now too. I do recognize that for many this life is little more than a “write-off” (something valueless to brush aside in comparison with the real life that begins later). I can see where people get that from things that Paul wrote, and I can further understand how for many this life is so miserably wretched that they see no value in it in any case. But I don’t think Christ calls us to wish this life away just to reach the next. The kingdom of God is here among us already even now. We are already citizens called to live out Kingdom values with each other in this life too.

4 Likes

Anything done outside of faith in, love for and obedience to God is in vain. But as Paul states, 1 Cor 5:58
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Those who do not love God have always been under the power of sin and the devil. As I have stated in other posts, even that sweet old lady down the road who doesn’t love God is evil.
1 John 5:19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one."
And also as is stated in Galatians, Gal 3:22 But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe."

It is not man that will destroy this planet, it is God. When Jesus, The Son of Man returns everything will be consumed with fire and a new heavens and earth will be created, where only righteousness abides. 2 Peter 3:7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men."
This is our hope and the reason we place no hope in this present age or the people of it.

I was not Born Again and made into a New Creation to enjoy this present time. I was birthed into the Kingdom of Heaven to do the work of the Lord and to bring him honor and glory. So, my labor in the Lord is not in vain. I will not despair. My sowing the seeds of the good news of Jesus is not in vain. And I will continue in the field of this world, planting and watering that seed and leave the increase up to God. My love for God and others compels me to preach the Gospel in season and out of season in hopes that some will be saved from sin, the devil and the just wrath of God.

Jude 22-23 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear-hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

Jesus is my Lord. I place no confidence in the flesh or this world. My eyes are set on Him who has delivered me from my bondage to sin and the devil. And I look to His return to establish His Kingdom on the earth.

It’s all about JESUS!

Absolutely.

1 Like

Nope. No. That will never happen. Christianity is in decline for years. And will continue to do so.
Bringing China and Africa to counter my argument as many have done here again and agaim wont change the fact that Christianity will sooner or later die out. If they dont start killing us first.

Maybe im playing too much of a victim here but i believe itll happen

You’re forgetting Jesus and the power of His death and resurrection.
His body will not die out. His will, will be done here on earth as it is in Heaven.
Stop looking at the ways of this present time and set all your affections on Jesus.
Jesus rose of from spiritual death to give life to all that trust Him. He is the head over His true body, no government, ruler or person can stop the Lord of Life, Word of God, Son of Man, Sovereign Ruler of all creation.
Jesus said, John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

JESUS IS LORD!

Will you stop lretending that no one here is a Christian expect you? Buddy i get it you are basically fanatical about"ohhh you need to be saved etc etc". But please just keep it to yourself. You are writting me verses and stuff to accomplish what exactly? Im already a Christian.

Didn’t insinuate that you weren’t. Just encouraging you to keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and don’t be anxious about what the wicked do.

Your belief is mistaken, I’m afraid. There will quite possibly be more persecutions and martyrdom, but read Mathew 5, verses 10 and 11, especially. It’s way counterintuitive, but it’s trustworthy. Jesus is way counterintuitive! :slightly_smiling_face: (I haven’t suffered any persecution for my faith except maybe for a brief period of a few weeks when I was first in the Navy, but I was pumped, not discouraged!)

Are you really gonna ignore all the verses that clealry states that apostacy is inevitable and will happen.?

Sorry not gonna believe in false hopes. Im a realistic guy. And by the statistics themselves what Jesus said is true. People are leaving by millions the church

Does the Bible tell you that? I don’t think so.

Doesnt the Revelation states that a handfull of Christians will remain?

Is that dying out? Oh, a remnant remains. :slightly_smiling_face: