Is this the end?

SICK N TIRED OF COVID?

COVID-19 cases have been rising exponentially due to the delta variant and lagging vaccination rates.

New daily cases in US reached a six-month high with over 150k reported.

“A coronavirus variant worse than Delta could be coming.”

“If America’s current Covid-19 surge continues unabated into the fall and winter, the country will likely face an even more deadly strain of the virus that could evade the current coronavirus vaccines.” Top U.S. expert warns in an Axios report.

This all may be justice and judgment on the world. God knows it is deserved.
But those who trust in the Lord will not be put to shame, they will be justified in their faith in Him.

So you are saying the unvaccinated are deserving the wrath of God’s judgement? Maybe something to that…

That was sarcasm, by the way, though I have to admit in my dark times I would agree with it. 4 of my grandkids now have active infections, most likely contacted with the kids program at a church planting conference, so I’m not real keen on it being God’s judgement, but rather man’s stupidity. And it is not the end, I suspect this current surge will not be too long lived. Hopefully we will see more people get ;vaccinated, and worldwide see greater availability of the vaccine.

9 Likes

I have never gone off the deep end believing the end had to be by 5:30 am tomorrow. Yet, when I stop for a moment and consider how lucky we’ve been to have escaped the total destruction of our world, it is alarming.
Thermonuclear weapons, the tsunamis, hurricanes, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, droughts, 911, terrorism, the financial crash 2008 in which trillions disappeared and these deadly, contagious, mutating viruses that practically overwhelmed our health care system and the economy.

He is coming back. No doubt

Very sorry to hear that. Hoping they pull through quickly.

1 Like

Its not just the people dying from it, it is all the chaose it has brought. People trust in their money and finding out it cant save them. Some trusting in their possession and finding out they cant save them. People doing all they can to avoid the virus and still getting it and dying. Some getting vaccinated and dying from it ect.

All who love and trust in this world will be ashamed. All who do not love God will lose there life forever. The things of this present age have no power to save fro sin and death but those who trust in Jesus are no longer slaves of sin and though they die here, they have everlasting life now and in the kingdom of Heaven.

They are doing ok and the adults are vaccinated, so the biggest problem is navigating the isolation and quarantine protocols

2 Likes

Yikes. Hope they have no complications.

Watching the news today prompted me to text my brother to see if my niece and nephew (16 and 12) have gotten the vaccine yet. Very happy to learn they’ve each had the first.

3 Likes

And when God starts judging stupid, we’re in trouble!

7 Likes

No, this is not likely the end.

It is not nearly as bad as the Black Plague.

People are quick to see prophecy and the end of times in current events.

It reminds me of the economists who predicted 15 of the last two recessions.

Didn’t Paul tell us the day of the Lord would not occur until an evil one stood in the temple and declared himself to be God? And the temple has not been rebuilt yet.

2 Thess 2
1 As to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we beg you, brothers and sisters,

2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as though from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord is already here.

3 Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come unless the rebellion comes first and the lawless one is revealed, the one destined for destruction.

4 He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God.

5 Do you not remember that I told you these things when I was still with you?

Evil has overtaken the temple

I think more than anything the media stations and public figures that actively speak out against what medical professionals and scientists show need to be held accountable. There are certain new stations that need to be held accountable. Accountability should be done through education, fines and prison.

As for do the average Joe’s and Janes that regurgitate misinformation need to be punished? Maybe some. A few days ago I was at the book store and some 40ish year old dude was harassing these two teenage girls , or maybe they were just barley 18 who worked there. The guy was not wearing a mask and asking the workers why are they wearing masks? Started asking them bizarre questions like “ are you a dumb sheep doing what you are told or are you smart independent thinkers? They were telling them it’s part of their job to wear it and he started saying how about they pull that crap off their face when talking to him he can’t hear that mumbling.

At this point I realized no one else was going to say anything. There was a handful of other guys around wearing masks and everyone stayed silent. So I said some personal attack on his body shape and told him he already bought his book and need to move along”. He turned around trying to see who said it and so I stepped forward and told him no one cares about his stupid musings and we are all trying to get our stuff and leave and stop bothering these kids and that he can leave out that door walking or being shoved and he left.

Me personally I’m sick of catering to these idiots. I seen a funny shirt a while back with Jason and his hockey mask and machete and it said “ non maskers deserve it” and I think I’ll buy it and start wearing it.

I also was thinking about getting something that says “ did your non masking anti vaxxer loved one die? Jajajaja”

I feel that sometimes the harsh truth , including in the form of a hyperbolic t shirt , needs to be expressed in a very clear memorable way. One of my clients is a doctor and he told me that in our county 7 people, including two pregnant girls, under 30 has died in the last two weeks and that our county is currently having a higher ratio of emergency room visits to extended icu moves over covid than ever before.

2 Likes

As for is this the end as in what revelation was speaking about? No that happened already.

What temple, Ralphie?

This means that Ezekiel’s vision is a prophecy not of an earthly temple (although the prophet uses earthly language his readers could understand), but of an eschatological temple, depicted in its consummated form and unspeakable glory by John in Revelation 21-22.

I find it unlikely that Paul was writing to Gentile believers about some Old Testament prophecy about which they had no knowledge, but you are welcome to that view.

I think, however, that Paul would have told them if he meant something other than the temple in Jerusalem.

There are different temples. We are his temples. Many destroy themselves, the temples of God. That’s being done everywhere. When our new heaven and earth shall appear, we will enjoy another kind of temple.

I don’t believe the writers of the NT understood everything they wrote from God’s persepective. I believe at times they wrote of prophetic matters without realizing it.

In the context of the 2 Thess 2 prophecy, this information seems less than useful.

The Gentile saints at Thessaloniki would have understood Paul to be discussing events at the temple in Jerusalem in his practical description of the timing of the return of the Lord.

But I have written that twice, with this clarification being my last writing of it — as you likely understand my position now and we are free to disagee on interpretation of prophecy.

You asked which temple. I was referring to our temples, our bodies, and the future temple in a different world. I do not think there will be a physical rebuilding of any temple, whether or not the young church understood Paul in this way. My thoughts are more along the lines of an amillennialist

Loneliness has the same impact on mortality as smoking 15 cigarettes a day , making it even more dangerous than obesity. CIGNA INSURANCE 2018

The CDC asks and answers this question, What impact does loneliness have on physical health?

Loneliness was associated with higher rates of depression, anxiety, and suicide . Loneliness among heart failure patients was associated with a nearly 4 times increased risk of death, 68% increased risk of hospitalization, and 57% increased risk of emergency department visits.

I do not doubt their stats. I do wonder how they determine if a person feels lonely.

These kinds of stats are very important to certain organizations and they rely upon them to be scientifically valid. I contend that when born from above Christians, truly dedicated followers, make claims about their relationship with God through Jesus, that too represents valuable information with scientific backing.