Humor in Science and Theology

And since you want your surgeon to breathe well, tell him to take off his mask. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

What do these people do when they go scuba diving? Forego the mask and air supply?

1 Like

1 Like

The Bible taught us that we lived on a dying planet long before people began to recognize it, not that we should not try to extend its life (just like our own).

5 Likes

Where does it say that? My post had to do only with the environment.

Thought of one…

Why did humans evolve bipedalism?

-Because God wanted us to be “upright” in our doings.

7 Likes

Well, you can’t detect from the cartoon that it is not terminally ill. And there are all kinds of references to ‘last days’, which rather indicates them coming to an end.

7 Likes

The duck needs to be holding a baton in its bill parallel to the Rabbit axis as an error bar. :slightly_smiling_face:

The Last Days is not about an environmental crisis, although a crisis tends to trigger apocalyptic thinking (and I sure wish my book would come in). We should be thinking, “We’ve made a mess and need to do something about it!”

1 Like

Certainly not, except maybe minutely (I’m partial to megacryometeors from a messed up tropopause). But it sure does denote the existence of an end!

7 Likes

7 Likes

What a great one, @beaglelady !

2 Likes

FAQ FOR RUSHING DELTA DELTA VARIANT

Have you herd ?! It’s almost time for fall sorority and fraternity recruitment, cuties! If you’re rushing Delta Delta Variant this year, below you’ll find an FAQ to help you better understand what it takes to be part of one of the highest-rated, most to-die-for co-ed crews in the US!

4 Likes

I didn’t know where this belongs, so I’m posting it here and in photos:

3 Likes

This is brilliant!

1 Like

An oldie (< 20 mo.) but goodie, and extremely relevant:

7 Likes

Part of the psychology of fear.

A link to the onion article. ( this is the humor the rest is just how it evolved )

Which inspired various horror sub threads centered around a fictional creepy pasta show, “ Candle Cove “ which begin the subgenre “ Lost Episodes Of”.

All of that over roughly a decade resulted in the horror tv anthology “ Channel Zero “ season 1.