Humor in Science and Theology

Good one. :grin: Certainly ironic and maybe a little sad, too, though.

2 Likes

(Sent to me by my wife, who is, herself, an academic.)

13 Likes

6 Likes

Clearly the professor is to be punished, but I can’t decide whether Tony is being rewarded or punished.

6 Likes

He’s one of the staff there in hell.

2 Likes

Yep. It is just so hard to figure out how the whole underground, eternal amusement park is supposed to work. Are the employees unionized? Do they apply for their positions? Are there courses people should take in life to better prepare them? Theology is really, really hard.

3 Likes

Along those lines…

2 Likes

4 Likes

l imagine there would be an art to it. Something tells me that unions would not be tolerated. Unless maybe among the white collar … err … red collar managers?

4 Likes

I tend to think Tony is in heaven. As C.S. Lewis said, a heaven for mosquitos and hell for people could easily be made in the same space.

4 Likes

9 Likes

We are studying Dante’s Divine Comedy in Theology class. Evidently Hell is pretty wild, with never a dull moment!

In junior college, long time ago, I took some course during which we read the Divine Comedy. Like a strange dream sequence.

1 Like

Isn’t it wild?

9 Likes

Found this online. Kind of a dark humor but also relevant.

6 Likes

Since the topic of men and cats has come up elsewhere, I’ll share this classic here in case some have not seen it:

2 Likes

That is majorly funny. @SkovandOfMitaze, you don’t have any engineering tendencies do you?

4 Likes

The kids and I enjoyed it. Thanks!

2 Likes

10 Likes