"I don't have to quarantine after travel because God told me so..."

Your point appears one sided. Living a Christlike life and loving your neighbor enough to do whatever it takes to prevent the spread of Covid are not mutually exclusive.

5 Likes

How about this. Compare your reaction to all sin to how you react to Covid. Is it equal or is your Covid reaction stronger? Do you speak and think about all sin with the same intensity you do Covid. Are you as vocal about turning from other sin as you are about Covid. Do you encourage people to not do such and such sin like you would encourage them to wear a mask and not go to certain places? Is the effort to not do other sins the same as your effort to not spred Covid? If you talk to total strangers about not spreading Covid, do you talk to total strangers about not committing sin? Example, do you say to yourself, “I better not watch this godless TV show because I dont want it to affect me and others around me,” like you would say, “I better social distance and wear a mask so I wont get infected or infect others.” Do you understand now?

As one might be able to tell, Dale and I have reached an understanding : ) (Brit. understatement).

Hopefully I can find a way to do the same with all those with whom I have crossed swords here.

Even those with whom there can be no understanding.

Merry Christmas to ALL - Martin

2 Likes

What about the sin of self righteousness? Which I of course am committing there by pointing to it in another. What a tar baby! What about the sin of discouragement? The sin of judgement? The sin of bitterness? Likewise…

You are a sin spreader Cody. And justify it. Try loving total strangers.

We sinners love you Cody, but we can’t help you until you acknowledge how blind and naked you are like us, like some of the homeless I know; at least they beg for help, even though they can’t actually accept it.

Start begging Cody. Amongst us beggars.

2 Likes

I have a son who works with me. He is very cautious about wearing a mask as he does not want to get Covid and give it to me or his mother or others. He is very obedient to both myself and his mother and he strives to love and serve the Lord and his neighbor. He is very concerned about other peoples spiritual condition also. On a job the other day, we were in the truck and leaving, I had not spoken to the man about Jesus so he asked if he could go back and speak to the man, I said sure and he did. He brings the Lord up often to our customers.
I asked him the same question that I presented here. I said, do you have as much concern for preaching the gospel to others and not to follow the flesh so as not to lead others astray as you do about not spreading Covid. He thought for a moment and said, “I could do better”.

It was that simple of a response. No judging me and thinking I was judging him. Just some self evaluation in reference to the question and realized, “I could do better”.

1 Like

This sure ain’t Kansas.

And their governors told them they will get sick. We’ll see which is right? I’m guessing the odds favor the “Big Guy”.

There are still a lot of unknowns. I see on the news this morning California is at capacity in ICUs, and rationing care is a distinct possibility. Personnel are scarce thoughtout the country to staff the hospitals. The governors that listen to the CDC seem to be right. And we are called to respond with love.

1 Like

Um, what are you talking about? There are certain ways that the virus works and spreads which work via the laws of nature that I believe and you probably believe God himself made and upholds. It’s not the “word of the governor.” In what world do you imagine what governors or any human have to say actually changes reality? It doesn’t work that way.

1 Like

ummmm…see Florida and Texas. Personally, I don’t know what to “believe”. So, I will go with the Big Guy.

Didn’t you use to carry a gun? If God is going to keep you safe, why did you bother?

Why should you have to guess at random who to believe? Isn’t the expertise of infectious disease medicine obviously preferable?

Does God actually talk to you or are you referring to your own theological inferences?

Hey Mark! Happy Holiday’s or whatever you call it? What do I carry for a virus? Fear? I don’t randomly guess anything. God does talk to me, but not in a way that is conversational. I can’t really describe things you won’t or don’t understand. Let’s just say, I trust that God will work things out. “All things works for good, for those who Love God”. Amen

I can go along with that. In this case, I think we are part of how God works things out, and not spreading the virus is a way of loving our neighbors.

4 Likes

Belated merry Christmas, Ron. But I still wish more people would look to the real experts for advice during a pandemic.

3 Likes

That’s very strange because God has been very clear to me that you do need to quarantine and in his name love your neighbor even if you can’t find love in your own heart

3 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean by Florida and Texas. Texas for example has a good amount more people dying everyday who wouldn’t have died otherwise, with this number peaking at 54% above normal for the month of July:

3 Likes

I don’t know the numbers. I do know the hysteria. I believe that as sensible adults, we are able to make rational decisions concerning our health w/o government bureaucracies guessing what the answers are for us. Less restrictions on many states are not experiencing the death numbers that the more restrictive states are. So, what is the cause? No one seems to have a definitive answer. Below is a link to the numbers. See for yourself. But this is a bit off-topic.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/us-coronavirus-deaths-by-state-july-1.html

Obviously we are not well informed on many areas of this pandemic. I didn’t say not to listen to them. Or not to take any measures of safety concerning everyones well being around us. What I said, was that I trust in God. God can work His will and healing any way He wants. And I accept wherever that leads. But it is hard to listen to people who don’t trust in Him. Because I know how hard it is to do His will, when I don’t trust. It’s not easy to explain to anyone who doesn’t have faith. Actually it’s fruitless. Personal Revelation, and experience is a big part of trusting in God. I can’t do that for anyone. It needs to come from within that person. Nothing from the outside will work.

To me that’s like someone on a life raft grabbing the only canteen and declaring “we’re all adult enough to decide how much water we need without waiting to hear everyone’s concerns”. It is self serving in an inconsiderate and uncharitable manner. When circumstances literally place our lives in each other’s hands, more is required than smug indifference.

Its been almost a year! What do we know? Especially when in my state 6000 people under 30 have received the vaccine and 770, people over 75 have. So, tell me Mark how self-serving and inconsiderate I am…when with only my law degree, I knew last March “old people” die first?

Good luck Ron.