For those that believe in modern day supernatural miracles performed by Christians do you also believe in demonic supernatural powers?

Faith is not something science can explain such as muscle adaptation to exercise or neurological pathways to memory for a subject. There are no correlations between them

You always seem to have an answer for everything related to human suffering and God intervention.

You go trough this “Ohh it’s God testing you”

You go trough that" You prayed for it so God gave it to you"

I couldn’t imagine a God who would test someone’s faith by make them suffer. This is not the God I was worshiping.

But each to their own I guess

I get it. You don’t believe in studying or strength training and are unfamiliar with the expression ‘No pain, no gain.’

You are stubborn. One of the worst traits a Christian should have. Go ahead and dodge the point im trying to make. I hope someone’s else’s has eyes to see that’s not a healthy way to faith

You were not worshipping(?) the God of the Bible.

Proverbs 17:3 A crucible for silver and a furnace for gold, but the LORD is the tester of hearts.

1 Peter 1:7 so that the proven character of your faith--more precious than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

John 16:33 I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take courage; I have overcome the world!"

Trials and Temptations James 1:2-8
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

And you know about a healthy way to faith.

More evidence that you are badly mistaken about the loving Father that God is – he is neither Santa Claus nor a vending machine:

Top Bible Verses for Strength through Trials and Tribulations

It is dealt with scientifically all the time.

But the problem I have is with the reduction of reality to a mathematical structure. My disbelief in this is one of the reason for my belief in a spiritual aspect to reality.

I suppose some people use the word “dimension” with a non-mathematical and non-scientific meaning, but that will never sound right to me.

Mathematically maybe, not experimentally. Someone said that string theory is more like religion.

Of course.

Someone said Christianity is more like devil worship.
And lots of people said religion is the opiate of the masses or a mental illness.

People say all kinds of stupid things.

At most, string theory, like the steady state universe, phlogiston theory, luminiferous aether, Lamark’s inheritance of acquired characteristics, Martian canals, spontaneous generation, hidden variable theory and many more is a failed scientific hypothesis. Because science tests hypotheses rather than just trying to prove them, these failed hypotheses are a natural part of science – PART of science, NOT religion.

In religion you don’t get a failed hypothesis, you just get a new religion.

I would point to Acts 19:13-19 - Paul’s third missionary journey, in Ephesus.

Yep, they do.

Yes, because that would be magic, not miracles. We can’t force the hands of the gods.

1 Like

Point there for what exactly?

I would like to point out again a few things.

This post is not about if the Bible talks about miracles, demons and the supernatural. We already are aware it does that.

This post is not really about Christian miracles.

This post is supposed to be focused on “ for those that believe supernatural miracles still exists ( implying that even from the “op “ perspective they existed at some point ) do you also believe in satanic or pagan magic. Is there people alive right now, that you’ve heard about and believe, is preforming supernatural things through the aid of demons/fallen angels.

So have you met a guy for example, that with his mind alone, can make candles suddenly catch on fire, or summon ghosts or levitate, or they can see auras and so on.

I’m looking specifically for those details. I don’t care about what you think is in the Bible, or what you think about Christian miracles and ect…. It’s been discussed several times. What’s ignored often is satanic magic. I’m curious who in here believes in satanic magic and what’s an example of something they’ve seen or heard about that they believe in.

You are blinded by self righteousness. You should have known better. The strength God provides trough trials is His good deed. He doesn’t cause them. Humans and nature do. Now if God is responsible for humans causing them is another discussion all together.

Your answers are always directed to defend God and the Bible like the evangelists do even if I didn’t blame or said anything bad about God. It’s your trigger point
You have missed everything I have said in those comments I’ve made. Food for thought that you could use. I won’t continue further

1 Like

While I would never accept cessationism. Making such a separation between Biblical times and the present is entirely equivalent in my mind with separating the Bible from reality itself. Might as well believe that the Lord of the Rings is an historical account. Remember that I was not raised Christian with some assumption that the Bible must be believed. Therefore I must set some criterion for deciding whether the Bible is a work of fictional fantasy or not.

Therefore if the Bible is reality and not fantasy then I must believe all the gifts of the apostles DO exist today. Which means they never did consist of supernatural magical powers. Rather they are a part of the very real subjective and spiritual aspect of our existence. Cessationism and saying that this spiritual aspect to reality has gone away is the same as saying that God is dead or left the world. Thus it is easier for me to choose atheism and believe there never was a God than to accept this cessationist version Christianity.

For that reason I have nothing to contribute to this thread. But I have to say I’ve found it more interesting in parts than I expected.

1 Like

In reality anyone can respond. Inwas just trying to prevent all the comments from those who believe that angels and demons are just metaphors for human nature and trying to draw the attention to those I’ve discussed miracles with before. As mentioned somewhere in the thread, I was also curious because I’ve noticed with others who believe in things like “
Evolutionary creationism “ will often share experiences or accounts of miracles through the Holy Spirit but often they are vague and hesitant with satanic powers. But with most young earth creationist, I’ve noticed they have equal amounts of stories, if not more, leaning towards the satanic panic stuff.

Like most in here probably won’t say “ if you handle a tarot deck you’ll end up having demonic problems “ but many in YEC style forums or chats will say yeah and have a story that’s related to it.

1 Like

That shouldn’t be a problem for anyone who loves God, should it? Do you remember the greatest commandment?

What scientific tests were done to falsify string theory?

1 Like