Fall Photos Around the World

Thanks for the abundance of explanations here…I thought you all just loved looking at all the fall colors from around the world – or country.
Maybe some of that too???

“the floweriest villlage”?? I am going to have to look up E. Schrodinger.

1 Like

One thing I love about this time of year is all the cool mushrooms that (really do) appear overnight. I saw this lovely pumpkin coloured one walking back from taking my son to school.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Seeing snow lining each bare branch of every tree is probably what I miss most about not living where it snows. Is that some sort of newt or salamander you’re holding? What in the world is that guy doing out and about in such conditions?

2 Likes

Thanks! Yes, that’s our back yard this AM, and this is a salamander who crawled in our garage last week, thinking he was going under a stone to prepare for Winter (that’s where you generally find them at this time of year). I rescued him from our cat and put him back in the leaf litter.

The snow also covers a multitude of my “sins” of not cleaning up some of our leaves this fall!

2 Likes

Good year for acorns here

4 Likes

How is it possible to have fall photos from “around the world” at the same time? :wink:

Apropos of nothing, how do flat earthers explain that on some parts of the disk it’s fall, but other regions get spring at the same time?

3 Likes

Oh, Dennis, isn’t it obvious?! It only appears that seasons happen at different times because the flow of information is so careful managed by those at the heart of the global… - ahem - disc-wide conspiracy to hide the truth.

It’s really quite simple…

5 Likes

Clever hoax?

2 Likes

Abundant acorns make for healthy deer!

1 Like

And also healthy white footed mice – lots and lots of mice. Which make for a lot more ticks, which make for more cases of Lyme disease, babesiosis, and Powassan virus for the next couple of years. Which we will then add to our studies of those diseases, increasing out sample size and improving our confidence intervals. So, yay?

5 Likes

Around here, if there is a heavy Acorn Harvest, some people say it will be a very cold winter.

1 Like

Just in case anyone gets the wrong end of the stick, I’m not actually a flat-earther. Honest! That post was a writer with a very generous dollop of sarcasm.

Well, I’m glad we cleared that up… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Good year for tomatoes, too. This is our final haul of cherry tomatoes, warming themselves in the sun while they ripen.

4 Likes

It’s always a good idea to put up whatever barriers you can against future quote-mining. :wink:

5 Likes

While it’s warmed back up the last couple weeks, we had a lot of frost before that here in Victoria. I took these at the park close to our house.

Makes me feel all patriotic.

That’s the boot of my three-year-old crunching the top of the very leaf I was trying to photograph. Apparently he was less struck by its beauty.

7 Likes

Finally made it to Victoria just last fall. Wonderful place especially for garden lovers.

2 Likes

These burning bushes are sporting a fro in the snow

3 Likes

North Carolina October sunset behind end-of-season pampas grass.

7 Likes