Fall Photos Around the World

Sumac is popular here in coastal California too, one of the better sources of fall color in these parts. I think you can count on a white Christmas and Thanksgiving too. Have you ever had a white Halloween?

1 Like

It’s a lovely fall day over here. :smiley:

4 Likes

Beautiful, John.

You must be on the Outer Banks, or maybe in Brunswick County. Those are the only places you can see the sun set over the water like that in NC.

1 Like

I was wondering that, too–Emerald Isle in the Outer Banks reminds me of that. It was beautiful, @kiddoc

The colors are gone now; only the husks remain.

5 Likes

A parting shot before winter begins on December 22! After several weeks of storm and gloom I went out to feed the dogs and had to squint into all this sun. The yellow foliage in the upper right corner is from a european birch. We don’t get a whole lot of fall color in coastal California.

3 Likes

What a peaceful and beautiful appearing garden!

1 Like

Rome, at the bus station.

1 Like

Atlanta, just as the leaves begin to fall.

1 Like

Atlanta by the moonlight.

1 Like

This photo was from a few months back right after fall started. It’s a bog.

2 Likes

I almost never see orange colored ones. Just the reddish shades. Coral honey suckle.

1 Like

Fall in Canada.

1 Like

And upstream

2 Likes

Also for me, one thing I really associate with the cloudier and water fall is mushrooms even though their seasons spread out form summer and into winter. Some species of Amanita. I’ve not narrowed it down yet. Well, I’ve narrowed it down to 2-3 species.

1 Like

Rome in the fall, with the moon over the Tiber

3 Likes

What time of year does Rome go through Fall usually?

I took that photo, with the leaves exhibiting fall colors, on Pearl Harbor day — 12/7 at 4:23 pm

1 Like

Are those white flowers some sort of pitcher plant?

1 Like

Yes. It’s the Crimson topped Pitcher Plant “ Sarracenia leucophylla“. They come in shades from mostly white to mostly crimson.

2 Likes