Does God grant mercy even if you don't repent?

There’s nobody God cannot help, there is just a question if he wants to be helped, even Hitler, if he lets God help him he will end up better than the most gracious man that decided he doesn’t need God.

Saying that, I doubt that someone with enough arrogance to put his ideology over lives of millions of people has enough humility to acknowledge his wrongdoing. He still could’ve “repented” from fear of judgement but to me it’s not repentance but opportunism, so I don’t think it’s gonna work.

Obviously I don’t know exactly what Hitler thought or how God judges so it’s not definitive answer of him going to heaven or not.

Sorry mate. I just can’t imagine that all those people (Christians btw) who caused me so much damage in my life will someday be with me for eternity by just “repenting”. It’s absurd. And again that’s only one example. I imagine people who have been trough much worse such as the Holocaust to feel the same.

It’s just wrong. Hope you understand my reasoning

1 Like

Is there a translation that says “change your mind” instead of repent which no one actually uses and few understand? Even God is said to ‘change his mind’ although I expect he was the one who knew all along.

But I’m not sure Nickolaos, if they changed their mind, I might be able to tolerate them. grin.

Yeah i can see that reasoning.Especially in some mild or non important cases of course.But when the damage is beyond imaginable or they really have hurt you in dubious ways or even wanted to eradicate you(since i brought the Holocaust above)well i dont think someone could tolerate them.And thats the problem. Thats why i cant reconsile it.Some things are unforgivable and even if i were a christian it would be such a hard time for me to accept that God could forgive certain things.

For instance we had a Greek criminal here who even Interpoll was searching at one point.
Long story short at one point he held a woman hostage putting a grenade in her belly (she was pregnat)threating he would blow her up . I mean that woman i assume is mentally scared.

Now this criminal has converted to Orthodox Christianity(while he still was in jail)and its literally looking for his victims to ask for forgivennes because he “repented”. I mean comon

Although maybe he had his own demons.I understand.But still its irreconcilable

1 Like

I perceive a contradiction.

Not sure who made the statement as I don’t see the original but Diocletian initiated the last persecution of Christians at the time. I hope this was not the sentiment behind it happening again, can’t wait, but it is prophisied it will happen again against the remanent still here claiming they are the problem to which I suspect many will gladly join in as drums are beating. No mercy here.

You can click on the link and it takes you there.

1 Like

No contradiction. Hitler had no reason for the acts he did. No justification. His theory was just stupid and unscientific and it had many many flaws. My view is based on actuall events that people did to me.

It’s like comparing Hitler to 9/11. You guys invaded a whole country because of something a radical group did. Was it justifiable? Hell yeah it was.

But your comparison is false

Hitler and the Nazis thought they had reasons. You think you have reasons… to justify Diocletian and wish him back?!

They couldn’t justify them . I can

In you humble opinion.

When I hear of justification, I’m reminded…

• Only poor and ill intent needs and seeks a justification.
  • Ask the ones in prison, they have a reason for doing it.
  • Good intent is already justified and cares not. I said it out of respect.

Not always the case

Not always

No

What do you mean by “mercy”? What do you mean by “repent”?

1 Like

I understand that you are afraid that God forgiving such people would be equal to just forgetting the pain they caused and let them be happy. This injustice can be unnaceptable to some, that someone hurted another person so much, destroyed their lives or worse and at the end of his life he will just understand that what he did was wrong and everything is cool.

It’s tough to accept, I see that, but on the other hand God wants justice to be upheld more than me, you, and everyone else in the world. That’s why it took so long for salvation to be fulfilled. God just couldn’t let people’s sins be left without response. He understood though that giving us punishment for our sins was something we can’t handle.

So in part, it’s true, many sins we do, sins of people that hurted you, won’t be repaid in full. But to be with God, it’s not enough to just repent, God with our own permission will make us better, wiser, and people that hurted you, won’t just be blissfully ignorant but will understand exactly the pain they caused to you and others, they will want to hurt you no more, and repay you for every wrongdoing they caused. You too, will be greater thanks to God, you will have enough strength to forgive them and all bad blood that was caused will be overturned with every good deed we will be able to do in heaven.

I think humans in heaven will be wise enough to repair their wrongdoings even when nothing is pushing them to do it, just because they want to. And with help of God, everyone can become such a person.

Obviously I don’t know how heaven will look like, but I trust that if someone can set all those things straight without us suffering from consequences of our sins, it’s God.

It all depends whether Love is competent or not.

It depends on human free will, pride and obstinacy, and maybe seared consciences. Conditionalism is a possibility.

can someone perceive / receive mercy if he does not repent?

Can Love not heal all evolved genetic developmental conditioned limitations?

Can we be merciful before they change their mind?
If yes, then someone is on the receiving end of mercy.

1 Like