Does God grant mercy even if you don't repent?

• Yes I believe he does
  • No I don’t believe he does

0 voters

1 Like

Why would such a person even receive it?

Repentance is a change of heart. Mercy is God offering himself to those (unrighteous sinners) who desire him.

1 Like

I assume the vote would be no . Thanks :+1:

Yes Nick, he has mercy even for you. :slight_smile:

It’s not applicable.

There’s nothing to grant, we don’t need mercy from Him. Apart from in a ritual, psychological, therapeutic but not forensic sense. We need it for all others. Above all for those who are the victims of the unmerciful, even when they are.

He is merciful to all in his patience. If it were not for God’s patience and love through the work of Christ, wanting to adopt more into his family, the earth would have been a cinder long ago.

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
Lamentations 3:22

Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?
Romans 2:4

1 Like

That’s not what I asked.

It is. He shows mercy to all in his patience, even those who do not repent.

1 Like

Maybe it should be “He shows mercy to all while he is patient.”

I would like to change my vote to

“Yes. I know he does”

Because I didn’t change my mind. It was more like the following.

For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not. 2 Corinthians 8:12

Neither did I accept Jesus as I was clueless on that part which ruffles more than a few feathers as many insisted I must. My only response is sorry, God answered when no one else could. Maybe it’s not that I must know Jesus before being saved, but that he knew me.

Else as one person asked, are all the people who died before Jesus doomed? Or someone today in remote locations that may never hear of Jesus?

Something about a law unto themselves comes to mind.

Romans 2:4 Do you not know that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? 5 But by your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 For he will render to every man according to his works: 7 to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; 8 but for those who are factious and do not obey the truth, but obey wickedness, there will be wrath and fury.

Doesn’t mean that people are judged by whatever the commands the religious choose to put in the mouth of God with the delusion that they speak for Him.

I like that translation.

Hmmm… looks like a definition lookup is in order.

factious

inclined to faction

i.e. inclined to form groups that are contentious or self-seeking

It’s hard for me to reconcile that men like Hitler or even someone else who has done terrible things here MIGHT end up in heaven. It actually horrifies me.

I just can’t reconcile it. Even if God iits real and good I just can’t. Sorry but that mercy granted sounds to me a little too excessive for some .

It is difficult to have factions without factious people.

I think you missed the point. His patience does not last forever.

…until the full number of Gentiles comes to Christ.
Romans 11:25

Not all have or will.

1 Like

When they don’t answer we are left talking to ourselves. grin

Luke 18 and the unjust judge answers this question.

I refuse to sit in the place of God.

There is no vote for “God only knows!”

Richard