Dale and Klax's exchanges about ... everything

Your last statement almost sounded scary, “they are in for a Hell of a lot of shame in confrontation, answering for their behaviour…”. That threat of Hell aand Shamenation for my behavior almost terrifies me enough to repent and start doing good works. Almost. But as you say, ALL WILL BE WELL. Whats a quick moment of feeling shame compared to a life here of no fears of wrath or judgement and not being hated by the world for obeying Jesus.
So your saying that those who do good works because of faith in Jesus now are more saved than those who dont. Doing good works now makes the final salvation easier because our good works promted by faith are saving us some right now. Thats interesting, partial salvation by faith and good works.
I added faith to goods works because it is apparent that you are doing good works because of your faith in what Jesus commanded us to do. So you do believe works prompted by faith is causing you to be saved from a more severe, hellish shameful deconstruction and reconstruction. So you really do believe that faith and works is involved in your salvation. This is very confusing. So this is what your 500 year old book proclaims.

I wonder what happens when the God who in providence micromanages :laughing: his children’s lives to their delight also turns out to be the one who punishes sin and promises judgement, separating sheep from goats and children of the promise from children of wrath. You will have to charge God with wrongdoing, unlike Job and as you very much in effect already have.

You have no experience of the reality of him and all you have is the god of your rationalizations.

Of course it is @Cody_G. Just as Jesus says. Twice.

A quick moment in eternity like our scintilla of existence now. Yes. But we’ll all have to give account of every idle word, will we not? Those of us who think we’ll have an easy time because of our works will still have to explain why fear played a part in that. Have that deprogrammed. Will still have to deconstruct what we’re covering up. Stand naked. It will be the most wonderful, terrifying, awesome, unbelievable, cathartic, shameful, therapeutic experience of our lives. All of each of all of our lives. Together in common humanity. To make restitution, to restore and be restored. Would you want to have to explain why knowing that all is well in the faithfulness of Christ you were deliberately graceless, loveless, hateful? It will be easier on Hitler. I don’t see where the confusion lies.

There is no formula in love but love. It finds a way. We are loved that we might love. The duty of those who know that they are loved, that all are loved, is to love all. One cannot live in the light of all being well for all, by not making it well for all now. The Kingdom is now. That was Jesus’ first public statement. What would one say to the starving, crippled beggar one stepped over, on the way to the drunken, coked up orgy, in the resurrection? “It’s all right mate, I knew you’d get here, that all would be well for you, so I stepped over you in your comfortless, meaningless, endless agony, on the way to pleasuring myself as if I died tomorrow and ceased to exist. I knew you’d understand. No harm done right? You shoulda bin there!! I did you a favour mate, you died quicker by my deliberate, merciful neglect and look at you now!”. Looks like a fallacious parody to me. As well as an utter failure to love as commanded. Such a parody of a human being will have to have much pruned, down to the stump, and much growing to do. Such people do exist now of course. As in all of us who walk on by. And we all do. Don’t we. We who think we stand.

I was worried about you Dale! Hope everything’s all right. I’m sure it is, you’ve just got a life, eh?

Of course it isn’t all right as you cannot, will not, yet see through the lens of love. What went wrong mate? Luther went wronger on top of Augustine’s wrong shoulders. You stand on their depravity and have no way down. Scary isn’t it?

So faith and obedience does have a part in our salvation?

Of course it does. Jesus makes that very plain. Those who’ve said the sinner’s prayer and carry on walking by in their privilege, abusing those in debt to them, are in for an extremely rude awakening. Some shock therapy. Some correctional pruning. They are going to see slavers and gang members, the debauched, the depraved going forward in the ultimate altar call before them. For a start they will have the problem of not realising that they need to repent. They’re going to be left behind in the outer darkness and wonder why.

1 Like

Thanks for your concern. You are correct about the latter, but nothing else. You still have no reality of experience to confirm your rationalizations, which are merely inaccurate extrapolations from only two points that entirely miss the realities of God’s holiness, righteousness and justice.

Such an extrapolation is extremely convenient, because there is no necessity of confession of sin, let alone recognition of it in humility before God. Like a Pharisee, you are deflecting and condemning (Maggie, even!) ‘rich Americans’ and externals like family, privilege and environment (of course they are factors!) but completely neglect the true source of evil, namely the heart (all hearts, including yours and mine), as Jesus also says.

Oh, yeah, about that heart. It’s been written on, knowing good from evil, and it has been witnessed to by the cosmos. And about justice, God is just (that means fair), you who belittle who God is in his providence.

About that providence, you are inadequately literate. Maybe this was for you today:

(Don’t forget that I’m one who boasts about being given kidney cancer.)

I’m glad you’re well mate. As all will be in Christ.

1 Like

I am not convinced that you know him, other than as only an intellectual exercise, and a mistaken one, at that.

I certainly don’t know yours. And you can’t know mine.

I have no trouble believing that.

Why would that be?

You tell me. Your mind is sealed. Cauterized.

Ah. Cauterization prevents infection. That’s a good thing.

Yeah, and feeling.

Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

That covers all of us without exception.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.