Dale and Klax's exchanges about ... everything

You are ruining my irony meters. I may be able to straighten the needle on the one that wrapped itself around the peg.

One more time:

What man? Someone you know? You yourself? Is a God being Love more meaningful than a God being a righteous psychopath who gives lollipops to less than a handful of rich Americans when half the world couldn’t afford one?

You are just sputtering and popping and deflecting. You know very well what I am talking about. I don’t believe in your Confectioner in the Sky.

And you are pretending that God cannot be just and fair.

What do I know? That Jesus calmed the storm? What’s that got to do with you and your empty claims of three rich Americans being given lollipops (micromanaged lives) by God the Psychopathically Righteous?

I’m sorry that you cannot see the implications of and the parallels to the reality of God’s providence for men in a boat two millennia ago and for his present day children and multitudes in the centuries in between. Futility casting aspersions is lame, and your blasphemy is worse. Maggie was in severe distress, and you denigrate her. Wow. That is pathetic. You really have to reach, don’t you. She rejoices in God’s vibrant and vital ‘micromanagement’ in her life, and I rejoice with her.

Nothing compared to your rejoicing in Heaven over the billions burning in eternal infinite distress forever and ever in Hell. We’ll never meet in your Heaven.

Keep on accusing. That is what I expect from the adversary, but he has been defeated. Keep on denigrating and name calling, too. It just reflects back on you.

I can believe that if you cannot point to anything, any evidence in your life, be it ‘only’ in your heart (actually, that’s a big deal), that demonstrates the miraculous reality of God’s activity.

You’re denying that’s what you believe? That Love is hate?

This is what your love is like:

It sounds nasty and hateful to me. No wonder you espouse universalism.

Sorry? Can you join up the dots there? What has my lack of grace got to do with God’s overflowing with it? If God truly was Love then all his followers would be? Like us? Hmmm. There is no coercion in Love. Just as there is no condemnation. But it will have its way, with us all, in the resurrection. So yes, you’re right, due to the want of grace in the physical, I know that He will make up for that in the transcendent. For all. How could He not? For He is Love.

Because we’re graceless, God must be too? He must be a self-righteous sadistic megalomaniac who nonetheless microlollipops His scattering of chosen in the blizzard of human chaff?

Sure. Right now. Why would he wait to give us lollipops in the sky? If it’s not coercion later, it needn’t be now. Immediately would be more loving, and his love is perfect.

Maggie was in dire straits (she was not your ‘rich American’) and she was helped. Helping someone is micromanagement? By your vitriolic rant and according to your infallible rationality, opening the door for someone would be micromanaging their life!

Again, why her and not the at least three and a half billion in dire straights? On your border, and ours?

There will never be coercion. Ever. Let alone torture or murder if you’re lucky. Love doesn’t do any of that. Does it.

You failed to answer.

Why not her? Is everyone deserving of pardon? None of us are. It’s interesting that you eschew Paul except when it suits you, ‘the faithfulness of Christ.’

Answer what? He’ll love us all better in Heaven.

Why not all those other desperate people on your border? Which she with Mark Knoppfler there? Pardon for what? Being human?

You are a man for this season, a man of this age. No one wants to hear that there is a judgement coming and that sin is punished. Your rationality leads to comfortable rationalizations. Scratch, scratch.