YEC v YEC Lite revisited

Continuing the discussion from "YEC and YEC Lite: A house divided against itself":

This will keep me busy most of the evening!

Excellent video overall.

Continuing the discussion from "YEC and YEC Lite: A house divided against itself":

Gotta love a guy who uses divine providence as an excuse to be irresponsible.

I have listened to the tripe from this individual before.

Am I not correct in citing that she is a professed atheist?

How is it that you people here, who claim to be Christian, are seeking reference for your ideas from an atheist that I imagine spends most of her time attacking not only YEC, but of greater concern, Christianity?

Why should the above matter you ask?

Answer: if you are going to claim logic and consistency in your scientific research and findings, then the same must be applied to your reading of the bible. If you do that, you strike huge problems almost from the get go. This YouTube channel fails to even address important Christian doctrine and that is unfortunate for those who rely on apparently educated individuals like this individual to help them with their theology.

The first of which is the physical incarnation, physical death, physical resurrection, physical approach to doubting Thomas (ie “put your hand in my side” so clearly the risen Christ wasn’t a spirit 8 days after the event), and physical ascension. These directly fulfilled both the model given in the Old Testament Sanctuary Service and also for “the wages of sin is death” as stated by the apostle Paul in Romans 6:23.

Then we have two angels in Acts 1 telling us “this same Jesus will come again in the same way you have seen Him go up into heaven”.

Personally, I have no real issue with anti YEC claims…SO LONG AS THOSE CLAIMS ARE BIBLICALLY CONSISTENT (I’m yet to find evidence of that come to think of it) AND I CERTAINLY WILL NOT TAKE ANY REFERENCE FROM AN ATHEIST!

This individual is exactly why I keep making the claim that TEists here are following secular scientific interpretations…this person is not one any Christian should go anywhere near in their search for God…her aim is not to bring anyone closer to our Creator.

So all science is secular. There is not Christian Science, Buddhist science, atheist science and satanic science. There is science. There is good science, pseudoscience and speculative science. Others may have different categories. The categories I just used is not science, but just labels I use to make sense of it all.

Here is some issues with your statements.

One you mention biblical. Which Bible? There are several different bibles (collections of Jewish/Christian) scriptures. The collection used by Protestants is different from Catholics which is different from Dead Sea Scrolls which is different from the Coptic Bible and so on. Some collections within the same ones have different lengths and slightly different versions if the story and I’m not talking about just merely translations. We also have books and stories mentioned not within our bibles like the book of Jasher and so on.

What the Bible says is completely irrelevant to what science tells us about the natural world. What the Bibles do help with us informing us on how we used that information.

Science tells of about the hormones in our body. Tells us about why we want intimacy with others. What the Bibles can do is help inform me that it’s not Christ like to just objectify women. The Bible also is not the sole moral authority. There are some things the Bible never outright says but we still know it’s bad. Like even without the Bible, I would know it’s bad for me and some friends to conquer another town and take all the virgins as concubines. The Bible never says it’s bad to take a pig, keep it in a pen isolated all year. Feed it until it’s so heavy it is unhealthy. Then at like 1/10th if it’s lifespan , when it’s still basically a young teen in its years, and boil its skin off of it after cutting its throat just so I can make a sandwich. I don’t need the Bible to tell me animal abuse is bad.

So you don’t think the Bible is more important than I do. But you do interpret it differently.

2 Likes

From the videos that I have seen Erika ABD does attack YEC but I have never seen her attack Christianity. Yes to you they are one and the same but not to everyone.

Why would someone go to Erika for science? For the same reason that when I am building a bridge I want the best engineers available regardless of their religious background. Engineering says nothing about Christianity just like science. Plus she is very entertaining to watch.

5 Likes

Christians dont go to atheists for advice because atheists profess “there is no God”.

In terms of whether or not you think she attacks Christians if you are going to call YEC non-Christian as support for that kind of behaviour…?

What i see in the above is the claim God must fit the science. Trouble with that…Christ’s very resurrection goes against your science so how then would she explain that? What advice has she scientifically for the resurrection of a man from the grave in order to make atonement for the wages of sin is death (Roman 6:23)?

Sounds to me like you are supporting the idea that Christs death is not only not scientific, but useless for the purpose it is claimed to have been necessary for.:

• to end human suffering and death,
  • provide a means for the restoration of a corrupted world and
  • for the redemption for mankind.

If you are going to try to claim ending pain and suffering isnt biblical…go for it. Lets see where you find biblical support for that.

It seems to me that is your claim, to the degree that you are willing to fabricate a fictitious world of pseudoscience to fit your narrow conception of God and creation.

2 Likes

Where do you get this weird idea that anyone watches her for any theology??
That’s as bizarre as the YEC idea that the Bible intends to teach science!

1 Like

Really? Please tell us who invented the device that can measure for resurrection!

If there’s no tool for detecting a phenomenon by measurement then science can’t make a statement one way or another.

1 Like

Are you really so shallow as to think that the only form of knowledge comes from quoting Bible verses?

Questions trying to force science into theology read like really bad science fiction!

1 Like

As long as you’re imagining, why not imagine that she says nothing negative about Christianity as a whole and simply reports accurate information about science?

3 Likes

You mean imagine the truth? That’s difficult for YEC adherents.

1 Like

Only because they think they knowitall.

If the advice I am seeking does not concern God then any source that is knowledgeable would be ok.

She disputes with YEC which isn’t Christianity. That doesn’t mean YEC are non-Christian.

You need to get your vision checked if that is what you are seeing. God is the source of science.

Science can’t explain the resurrection (btw, that is considered a miracle), but can quite easily explain the age of the earth (which isn’t a miracle).

Where do you get these silly ideas.

2 Likes

Erika is first and foremost a subject matter expert. Which means that she knows what she is talking about and that she makes sure her claims are based first and foremost on honest reporting and honest interpretation of accurate information. This is a necessary condition for taking someone seriously when addressing scientific subjects of any nature, Adam.

Sure, I’d rather listen to a Christian than an atheist telling me what the facts of the matter are, but if you see a Christian talking nonsense about a subject that he or she is clearly totally unqualified to address, what should you do in that situation? If a Christian tells you that it’s perfectly safe to take a microwave oven apart and play with the live 2000 volt transformer inside it, but an atheist tells you that doing so is likely to kill you, would you reject the atheist’s warning just because he was an atheist and the person saying it’s OK was a Christian? Of course not!

7 Likes

And when she makes a mistake she owns up to it.

4 Likes

YECs have to invent more miracles when they make mistakes.

1 Like

Samuel said to king Saul

To obey is better than to sacrifice

God isnt intetested in the interpretations of sinful men…he wants obedience. You can continue making up unsupported claims all you like…none of what you claim has relevant biblical references in support.

If one is Christian, then one must reference the bible.

So you say but the bible doesnt agree with such a claim.

Samuel told king Saul, to obey is better than to sacrifice.

When we read Exodus we find

Exodus 20

8Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God, on which you must not do any work—neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant or livestock, nor the foreigner within your gates. 11For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in them, but on the seventh day He rested. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.

Now read Revelation 14
King James Bible
12.Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation clearly teaches that found in the saved are two qualities…keeping commandments AND having the gospel! (If you.disagree, reference your disagreement biblically)

Well now the truth finally comes out.

You see all Christianity must believe the creation of the universe is a miracle and for very obvious biblical reasons the first of which is , “in the beginning God”

What is really probemstic here is the notion that God is restricted to acience.

I have a question…remember Christ, said to doubting thomas

“put you hand in my side”,…(note this was 1 week after he told mary not to touch him outside the tomb for he had not yet ascended to the father)?

Can the risen Christ travel faster than the speed of light given he was clearly still physical in the upper room and yet had returned to God in the 8 days between appearing to Mary and Thomas?