"YEC and YEC Lite: A house divided against itself"

4 Likes

Ken Ham is retiring. Doesn’t look like he is handing the ship over to someone more reasonable, so I’ll expect the internal contradictions within the movement to continue.

5 Likes

Scary. Hopefully Ham can hang in there a while longer.

1 Like
  • My favorite parts are the “Dinosaurs with feathers” and “the ‘Kinds’ of animals on the ark” Problem.
1 Like

Gotta clearly establish who is in and who is out.

1 Like

:grimacing: I hope the implication in your thread title comes to pass and the house falls. (Although an explosion would work too.) It couldn’t happen soon enough. Noisy YECs are like Christian Nationalists (of course there is plenty of overlap) – they’re certainly not necessarily Christian and maybe necessarily not (and their idolatries are evil, working against the first petition in the Lord’s Prayer).

2 Likes

Thanks for the article Christy!
I’ve read and frankly I feel now like I need some fresh air! :grimacing:
Few things stood out

AiG has a full-time working staff of 1200 and, according to its 2021 tax declaration, assets of almost $82 million. It owns the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter in Kentucky as well as other major assets

Oh I wonder how this compares to BL :thinking:?
A rhetorical question, obviously, I know for a fact that even if you rounded up all the pro-science Christian institutions, it still wouldn’t compare. Amazing how much money there’s clearly in denying evolution, as opposed to trying to spread some reason.

The rest of the article about Martyn Isles is just scary, especially that it looks like he’s willing to meddle it Australian politics. Let’s hope for the sake of Australians that he’s never successful.

2 Likes

Or even secular institutions–anyone who works at research museums or regularly talks with those who do knows that most of at least the ones in the US are appallingly under-funded for accomplishing anything much. Let alone independent researchers, who often have no funding at all for their work.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.