Why There is No Proof of God

Excuse me for a moment. Where in the Bible ,loving God vets you in Heaven? Faith in him and good works is the way. Not Love. You cant have feelings for something you dont see ,feel,hear. Thats scientifically proven. Now love one another as he told us is a different thing

Only the bible is God’s Word. Other books are someone’s opinion, sometimes helpful.

I feel, see and hear God constantly. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.

If you are serious ,then you need help as soon as possible. Get yourself to a psychiatrist. Hearing and seeing God isnt normal. Also that has nothing to do with what i wrote above

When trying to describe finer aspects of subjective experience it is not helpful to insist on scientific terminology when all we have is our first hand reportage. Most language is for describing the objective world. To insist on interpreting as objective what someone says when they are trying to convey something about their subjective experience is obtuse and mean spirited.

1 Like

He thinks the world of me, especially during times of crises. Seeing, hearing and feeling him are life itself.

Thank you. Maybe this is not the right thread for this, but how do you prove this? I personally have read many proofs, and while I am a Christian, I do not find the proofs reliable. For example, the prophecies are fulfilled in the past or vague.

1 Like

It is funny to see how churches try to incorporate proven strategies to win the lost. To die for a lack of love sound like they desperately want it - and got it.

In order to become more popular they became populist in what they preach becoming politically correct instead of theologically correct, submitting to the wishful thinking of men.

makes me wonder what green shoots you are thinking off. That they condone the thinking that to love people means either to have sex with them or to give them what they want?
Doing so make them look like they run on an apple :slight_smile:

Loving God and others with his love is Life. It is practically impossible, too. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres, and much more. It doesn’t spoil others, it doesn’t pamper, it doesn’t accept flimsy excuses, it doesn’t burp backsliding adult babies, on and on.

1 Like

That they don’t, except secondarily.

I have heard many of these types of stories and for all I know some of them (many?) are true as told. However, this does not mean that what is usually referred to as God is behind them. It could be a number of things:

1. Another infinite being (less than what is generally called God)
  2. A finite but very powerful being that has the ability to alter such events in our lives to do experiments
  3. We don’t understand nature yet. Perhaps under certain circumstances nature aligns itself so as to allow these events to occur. Or, conversely, there is some sort of unknown communications between people that influence events

There could also be unknown or unconsidered reasons that we haven’t thought of that explain such things if they happen. As well, many of these types of things have been mathematically calculated to be much less improbable than what we would expect by common sense. All of this means we should be skeptical of quick explanations especially our own explanations.

Therefore, it is a convenient “god of the gaps” explanation to satisfy a human need to understand and bring order to our lives, but is not necessarily at all the real cause of what is going on. This has been shown to be the case in many cases where god was invoked to explain our lives situations. Again, it is wise to be skeptical of our initial reactions involving god as they seem to be build in from our evolved nature.

Speaking as one who has had manifold such interventions, I would hope the accounts would evoke a desire to know this God who is transcendent and sovereign over time and place, timing and placing, providentially and personally interacting with his children and in their circumstances.

People have often seen a god or gods behind things they can’t easily explain or there is no readily available natural explanation. Often a solution eventually presents itself or other logical/scientific reasoning ends up explaining the events quite satisfactorily. In those cases not so easily explained, even if it is a greater or higher power, it may not necessarily be a capital “G” god, it could be a lesser (non-infinite) but still very powerful being. In such cases, it would be impossible to tell and hence there could even be a large number of such beings acting. Hopefully, you can understand some of the problems involved as I’ve outlined them.

I understand the need to rationalize God away.

1 Like

I apologize for joining in late to this very long and important conversation.
In going back to the original question as to why God does not reveal himself I offer up the following question.
Assuming for a minute that the Christian view of a triune God is true, and you were the Father, how would you reveal yourself? What would you do to prove to a rebellious mankind that you are real?
I personally can’t think of a better way to do this than what He has done.
You first have the universe, then you have insider information in the moral law pressing in on us and guiding us on what we ought to do, and finally the Word and Jesus.
In the end though, those who seek the truth with an open heart and mind will find it and will be rewarded with faith, and those who don’t won’t.
Almost all in this discussion are seekers and will get there, but maybe some are not.

Rebellious? Who are those and those? What is the truth? How does one seek it? Can you point to anyone exercising faith in any meaningful way? I.e. true religion?

True religion is being exercised by many in the NGO referred to above (and others, of course) and its contributors, noting God’s providential interventions (plural) in guiding a former president to its leadership as described.

Btw, with respect to “true religion”, for those who may not be familiar with it, there’s this:

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

James 1:27

Indeed!

I think there is no doubt that God could do more IF that were His only priority and thus the question is whether He can do more without negative consequences.

For example… I suppose God could regrow lost limbs on demand (in answer to some atheists challenges)… But the consequences of that could be pretty wild. I am reminded of a book by Orson Scott Card entitled “Treason” where some people are treated like farm animals for the regrowing of limbs for surgical transplant on other people. LOL

It’s entirely down to us to continue the incarnation, to make the best of this rationally meaningless existence. If God grounds it, we have no idea why and never will. That won’t matter. He can’t explain it any more than we can. So we might as well be kind regardless, it’s its own reward.