What was God’s plan in creating the Dinosaurs?

What do you think God’s plan was for creating the dinosaurs? What was His plan for their existence before mankind ever existed?

1 Like

I don’t know… any more than I know his plan for sunsets, dung beetles, trilobites, the North Atlantic current, etc. etc. Maybe he just loves making things. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Perhaps it was the same as his plan for the stars and galaxies flung throughout the universe - that there would be a creation to delight in, and that it could delight in its Creator.

Happy Easter to everyone!

6 Likes

What plan? Not what God, what plan? He certainly does love making things, as Laura says. He’s done it forever after all. By grounding being.

1 Like

As @Laura has stated, God is a creative God and seems to love making things for His glory and honor and delight. God’s Sovereignty in the terms of creation is truly unknown to us (and I would like to personally ask why the LORD thought the wasp was a good idea?)

1 Like

Maybe that is covered in Psalm 104:
24How many are your works, Lord!
In wisdom you made them all;
the earth is full of your creatures.
25There is the sea, vast and spacious,
teeming with creatures beyond number—
living things both large and small.
26There the ships go to and fro,
and Leviathan, which you formed to frolic there.

3 Likes

God’s plan was the self-organizing process of life where living organisms develop in the learning process of evolution. Yet like many a gardener or shepherd, God is waiting with pruning shears to put a stop to it when things get out of hand in an unacceptable direction. God did this not only with the dinosaurs (big asteroid probably), but also with early human civilization (big flood).

Hello my friend!

Speculation is all we have, for how can we know the intentions of God unless He specifically reveals them to us, like with salvation?

I think the creation of the dinosaurs, as with the vast universe, reflects His power and majesty. Such things reveal His glory and inspire us as His image bearers into a sense of awe and wonder.

I like to think that the actual vastness of creation, the planets and stars, the galaxies, and even life on Earth, extinct or otherwise, are not only to reflect these things but to also give us, His image bearers, things to explore and learn, as our curiosity, wonder, and exploration delight Him.

5 Likes

Who said anything about God directly creating them? Rather, I believe the dinosaurs were merely the product of the evolutionary processes God set in place. The way I see it. God being sovereign, has no obligations. He did not have to save them.

But if I’m hard pressed, the world is waking up to the horrors of extinction, that, I think, made the dinosaurs worth it.

3 Likes

As others have stated I believe that God created a world where ecology is the system that drives a creation that keeps creating. As the alpha and omega I believe be knew what all would happen. I think God interacts with all of his nature by creating laws that helped generate life and sustainability on our planet.

1 Like

Eric

Reasonable - and very good question.

My bigger creation - who created God??? Why only monad? None of this is conceivable in any framework we operate in.

Equally absurd is the framework we operate in…:slight_smile: (that is, you and I and the rest actually having this conversation, etc.)

Best,

Greg

This depends on one’s view of how everything has come to exist. If one believes that everything is pre-planned and individually “made” then one must account for their coming into existence and tragically dying.

If we instead take the view of a free flowing evolution that God knows will result is creatures like us (the divine plan) they are simply loved bi-products of what He set flowing. Did God love these fantastic creatures, who roamed the earth for some millions of years before their mass extinction? They included some biologically significant features passed on to their successors (eg the birds), and mammals also inherited things from them. Parts of our genes will have things related to their genetic inheritance.

But I hold a view that all that God created and indirectly caused to exist God loved and they continue to live in the divine memory. Maybe some will be resurrected as part of His eternal glory in the completion of all things. I don’t think “heaven” or the New heavens and earth will be populated just by resurrected humans. Everything that was part of the divine glory in all things we be there.

Very good question!

Romans 8:28 (NIV2011)
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose

Paul said that in all things, including dinosaurs God works for the good of those who love Him. I hope that includes you.

Yes, I would say that dinosaurs are part of God 's creation of the universe as a home for humans and the creation of humanity in God’s Image. The dinosaurs are among the things that God created to work for the good of you and me according to God’s purpose and plan, no matter what the naysayers say.