What Is The Gospel and what does it do?

If such entities can exist, then I’m sure He can.

Of course I’m OK with Purgatory. Kolasis. That’s what Judgement Day (is but a thousand years) is. And you’d have to be madder than a serial killer to let them ever go free. Except in the transcendent when they’ve been fixed of course.

So you do believe in “Hell” but that of the catholics am i correct? If you beleived in it in the first place you could have just said that you have a different view of it rather than saying it doesnt exist😜

“Can” was not the question.

God is Love, and God is Justice. That means fair. He grades on a curve.  

No, I don’t believe in our Hell stories. I believe in the faithfulness of Christ without limit. That Jesus saves. No limit.

But you said earlier you were fine with a purgatory idea

Aye Nick. We all need a bit uh prunin’.

1 Like

Nope. God’s justice is a facet of Him. Of Love. There is no feather of Ma’at. No Nazi thumb at the end of the Auschwitz line. There is balancing of all lack, after pruning back, de-re-construction so that there is true justice: universal equality of outcome. Love is that powerful, that efficacious, that wonderful. The best of all possible news.

Then being a Christian has no real point.

Okay, yes: PSA.

By this we know what love is: Jesus laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

…and for others, as well.

As many as those who receive Him will be children of God. It takes faith, reliance on Jesus to become born of God. Hebrews says “Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. It takes faith in the Father and the Son to be saved from their just wrath and punishment. After death at the judgment seat there will be no more faith needed, (in the since of the aspect of faith that trusts in God without seeing Him) because all will see God and the Lamb. No more chance for repentance and faith because faith will not be needed because we have sight.
If you don’t believe in the wrath of the Lamb and that God says, “vengeance is mine says the Lord, I will repay”, then you don’t believe in the God of scripture. If you don’t believe in the God of the scripture then you don’t know the Father or the Son.

1 Like

“As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”

Not all willingly.

Sorry, I don’t see PSA there? Where’s the punishment? By whom?

That’s fine. We’ll do it.

Recall the sheep and the goats.

You will. And everyone else, too.

Faith in the Gospel is faith in the teachings of Jesus and the work He did on the cross. It is faith in the price He paid to God, which was His life for yours.
Faith in Jesus causes our spirit to be reborn, created anew, a new creation.
Faith in His teachings and allowing them to wash our minds causes our minds to be renewed which brings our thoughts inline with Jesus and the Father.
Submission to His teachings in unison with our new spirit and walking in step with His Spirit, gives us control over the works of our flesh, we bring our bodies under control. Subduing its passions and cravings, which frees us from its power.
All this is the Salvation that Jesus procured for us through His cross. This is His salvation working within us now to save us from sin, the flesh and the Devil.
So faith in the Gospel brings us into the Salvation that God has provided and it is in the here and now. If a person does not have this salvation, the new birth, a new spirit in the here and now, he can not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
John 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God".
You must receive Him and believe in His name NOW. Those who do will be born of God.
GOOD NEWS INDEED!!!

CHRIST IS OUR REDEMPTION

1 Cor 1:30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God — that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Good News, Jesus is our redemption . Eph 1: In him we have redemption through his blood , the forgiveness of sins.

Lev 17:9 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.

2 Cor 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us , so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Jesus is our redemption. Our life was forfeit because of our sins. We deserved to be executed for our crimes against God. If we died for our sins we would be lost. From the beginning with Adam and Eve, God allowed the death and blood of an animal to be our replacement. “ For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.” In Jesus we have the combination of an innocent Lamb of God but at the same time, “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us , so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” So the life blood of Jesus atoned for our lawlessness. The Word became flesh and blood, he came as the offspring of Adam to pay for the sins of all mankind, and for those who received Him, He gave them the right to become children of God, to those who believed on His name. So the sins of mankind and the judgment due them were paid for through the offering of Jesus on the cross. That is why I will only boast in the cross of Christ, for through it I have died to sin and the world.

The debt that was needed to be paid was paid to God. It is God that requires the death of the wicked. Since the Word aligned Himself with mankind by becoming flesh and blood, and also because He was the Son of God, He alone could pay the price for our freedom. He united Himself with us, so that we could be united with Him. But the only way this takes effect is through our trust (faith) in His atoning sacrifice. Rom 3:21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe . There is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

So the atonement that justifies is through Jesus’s blood and is only effective for those who have faith in Jesus. His death is our death. We died to sin and this world and through His resurrection we have been translated into the Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus alone is our Lord.

Since Jesus died for all mankind and rose from the dead, all mankind belongs to Him. He owns us. That is why He can justly judge all mankind. At the judgment, those who are righteous through faith in Him will abide in His kingdom forever. Those who chose not to retain the knowledge of God and reject His mercy will be cast out into the Lake of Fire.

As I have said before, faith, trust, dependence upon, is a requirement for an intimate relationship with the Father and the Son. Always has been and still is. Without faith, it is impossible to please God.

Jesus calls us to follow Him, that call is a call to come and die; die to sin, self and this present age. But through that death in Him and His resurrection, we were raised up, In Christ, New Creations, Born From Above, Children of God. All this is Good News and can be taken as our possession through trusting in Jesus and what He did through His death and resurrection.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

That’s what ‘we’ means. You included.