What Is The Gospel and what does it do?

I dont know eternal darkness? Abstence from the light of God?

Why don’t you know? Where do you get those guesses from?

I just said what the word meant. I didnt said i knew what kind of punishment it is. That is for God to decide

We had a pretty good theologian woman at our high school. I remembered some of her stuff

He has. Correctional. Not psychopathic, demonic.

He has decided the punishment?

Of course. Not that that is the concept. Any more than reconstructive surgery is punishment.

Whats the punishment then?

I have Jesus alive and well living in me today. John says, “If you love the world, the love of the Father is not in you”. I kept that Good News in my mind and it keeps me from the lust of the eyes and covetousness. By being born of God and having is Spirit living in me, the salvation that Jesus provided through His cross is actively keeping me safe from sin, this very moment. I am knowing the Father and Jesus this very moment. I placed my trust in Jesus by humbling myself and turning to Him and through that I obeyed and Jesus lives in me and I am kept safe from the lordship of sin and Satan and therfore made safe from a condemning judgment and God’s wrath. JESUS SAVES!!!

There isn’t any. There’s correction, de-re-construction. As in ‘From Ancient Greek κολᾰστήρῐον (kolastḗrion, “house of correction”).’, as in the original meaning; correcting the growth of a tree.

What use is τιμωρία? Which is only of use to the otherwise impotently vengeful.

Vengeance is mine says the LORD.

I could repost moment by moment that the salvation that Jesus worked for me through the cross is active in me and keeping me safe. My reliance (faith) on Him allows me to live each moment in safety. All who call on the name of Jesus will be made safe.

God knows not me

1 Like

Hi Klax,

You have often alluded to your decades-long spiritual and intellectual journey. I’d be interested to hear more about your story and how you have arrived at the beliefs you hold today. Would you be willing to write something explaining that in this forum? I would guess that simply starting a new thread would be most appropriate (so as not to completely hijack this one), but the moderators can chime in if protocol would dictate otherwise.

1 Like

Aye, He knows it’s useless.

If it was he wouldnt bring it up in the first place. I know love is important but i doubt youd change a serial killers mind with only love for example

I’m just this guy @chadrmangum. My story bores even me. It’s a story of the times we live in, along with everyone else’s. And of course all such stories are made up in hindsight. Where I’m at is seeing the gospel pure and undiluted in the NT for the first time, at the age of 66. Thanks to Steve Chalke’s 2019 The Lost Message of Paul. Up against at least 1600 years of Western Christian theology going from bad to worse. I’m also up against strongest uniformitarianism, in myself, which is very strong indeed, stronger than any attempt to force nature to comply with degenerate, closed theology and irrelevant mathematical analogies.

He doesn’t. Not in Christ. Of course God can change a serial killer’s mind. Not in this life obviously. Science won’t ever either. But in the transcendent it will just take a bit of kolasis. No timoria. Eye has not seen. Except through a glass - the Bible and the Church and theology and culture - darkly. If God can’t fix psychopaths, who are the first innocent victims of their genes, what use is He?

You are missing the point mate. Im debating the way its done not that it doesnt get done. God can change them of course by showing love. Tell me would you be ok for a serial killer to not go in jail but instead be free and contantly talking with him about love and God? I understand the point of love and compassion and we know that God is full of them. Catholics have a sense of purgatory rather than ’ hell’ .Would you be ok with an idea like that? Thanks for your gracious response. When this started i thought your responses were gonna be like those irrated ones sometimes you respond with. But now i see a genuine conversation.

Does he fix Satan, too?