What Is The Gospel and what does it do?

I dont want you to take my next comment for you as an offense(is a bit funny and true to me). But you remind me a lot of my grandpa. Stuborn on his beliefs and hardcore communist😂(the latter is not for you just a little pun for a laught). Take care!!

1 Like

Your pappous was a good man. Hear him.

1 Like

The gospel of Matthew was written in Greek.

Matthew 25: 46

Καὶ (and)
ἀπελεύσονται (will go away)
οὗτοι (these)
εἰς (into)
κόλασιν (punishment)
αἰώνιον (eternal)
οἱ δὲ (but)
δίκαιοι (the righteous)
εἰς (into)
ζωὴν (life)
αἰώνιον (eternal)

46 "And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

What part of this translation do you dispute?

1 Like

Wow. If you didnt copied that you are very fluent on Greek. Im Greek and have a hard time on some of these verses because i wasnt good at ancient greek back in school. Really impresive. Take care!

THE NEW CREATION

John 3:3 In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again .” 5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit .

John 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God .

1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again , not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ; the old has gone, the new has come!

Gal 6:14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation . 16 Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule, even to the Israel of God.

Eph 2:10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

The cross of Jesus and all it incorporates (death, burial, judgment, resurrection and ascension) is the central focal point of the Good News. For through the cross of Christ, God causes a new birth and creates a new creation within those who put their full confidence in Christ. What the Law could not do, God did through Jesus. The Law was given to point out sin; Christ went to the cross for the purpose of our execution, our judgment, our resurrection and ascension so that we would be seated with Him in Heaven. Eph 2:6 “And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus”.

To enter the Kingdom of Heaven a person must be literally born again, born of the Spirit, which makes him a new creation, the old is gone, and the new has come. This is not a metaphor, parable or an exaggeration; it is exactly what it says it is, it is a new birth. In Christ I have died to sin, my spirit has been circumcised from the flesh ( Col 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. 11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.”), translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of the Son of God. Born again by the Fathers will. This is the New Covenant that is in the blood of Christ which he is the mediator of.

This is Good News indeed. In Christ we die to sin, no longer slaves to it. We are transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of God. We are born of God, our spirit is raised up as a New Creation in Christ. God did what the Law could not do, He executed us, judged us and raised us up in Christ, this is in effect now and after the resurrection those who fully rely on Jesus will enter into the New Jerusalem. Because of sin, our lives were forfeit, judgment and wrath was due us, but in Christ, the second Adam, “He who knew no sin, became sin for us”. In Christ we went through death and judgment and came out the other side, Children of God. Born again by the Fathers will. That is why I will only boast in the Cross of Christ, for through it I have been crucified to the world and the world to me.

In Christ, I Am A New Creation. For freedom sake, Christ set us free. His laws are written on my heart and His Spirit lives in me. He is the Lamb of God that was sacrificed in my place, the price that set me free from sin and wrath. He brought the atoning blood to the Heavenly Holy of Holies. He became my sin so that I would be the righteousness of God in Him. Out of this new life of Christ in me, I now live. Daily Christ delivers me from temptation and sin.

All Glory, Honor and Majesty belong to the Father and the Son!

JESUS IS MY LORD!

(So much more can be said, but it’s all right in the scriptures for the meek, humble and lost to read and put all their trust in. Jesus is our salvation and trust in Him causes it to be active in us.)

Hardly… Greek are just symbols to use in math and physics equations for me. This is from biblehub.com

1 Like

Can you give me the etymology and full translation of of kolasin, aionion and dikaioi? Especially aionion. And why the translation and implied meaning you give is the right one?

It is the right one. My Greek one has the same words.

Kolasis Κολαση η Κολαζω βγαινει απο ενα συνθετικο δεν θυμαμαι ακριβως πιο. Σημαινει τιμωρω. Hell means “punish”

Μπορω να βρω και τις αλλες αμα θες

Those who teach others to reject the warnings of Christ about the judgment and wrath which will come to those who reject Him and the Father, cause those who believe what they say to sleep and miss the bridegroom. They pervert Jesus sayings, He who is the WORD OF GOD.

It is not only the translation consistent with the use of these words in the rest of the Bible but consistent for this passage by itself. It would be irrational to translate αἰώνιον one way the first time and another way the second time. It is possible to translate this word as a long but finite period of time, but it does not makes sense to do this inconsistently. What then do we translate this as?

6 "And they will go away into punishment for a long time, but the righteous into life for a long time.”

And then there is the usage elsewhere in the NT, such as John 10:28, “and I give eternal (aionion) life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.” Where it makes it clear that eternal is the correct translation. Is there anything similar for the usage of the word for “a long time” elsewhere in the Bible? No, it uses different words for that. Earlier in Matthew 25 verse 19, for a long time it uses the words πολὺν χρόνον.

I once new a preacher that preached that the death of Jesus was only ment to be an example, he left out the New Birth, our death and the New Creation that those who have faith in Jesus are made into. By him not believing those things actually happen he made void the focal point of the Good News. His preaching was in vain, for it did not proclaim the true salvation that takes place in the spirit of a person who places their faith in Jesus. The supernatural birth by the will of the Father is what delivers us from the god of this present age and from sin. It’s the unmerited gift of the Father birthing us anew and writing His laws on our hearts, that enables us to walk in His Spirit and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. That is grace, a gift, mercy, kindness and love. It is that New Birth that gives us the power to live in the here and now in freedom from all things that would try to be lords over us. That is salvation in this life.

Here’s some Good News. If you want to know God and Jesus intimately and have them living in you, Jesus tells us how that can happen. He said if we love Him we will obey Him and those who love Jesus will be loved by the Father, and Jesus will love that person and will show Himself to that person. He also said that the Father will love him and they both would make their home in him. Love (which includes obedience) for the Father and the Son draws them to you, they will live in you and reveal themselves to you.
Now the world does not love God so they neither know Him or have Him living in them. They are children of wrath by nature. But if anyone will repent and fully trust in them, then they will reveal themselves to that person. To know the Father and the Son it takes faith, trust in them. Faith in, love for and obedience to the the Father and Jesus is the foundation for an intimate and living relationship with the Father.
The believers union with Jesus through the cross gives us the freedom, and power to live as more than conquerors in this life.
The believers union with Christ is the Fathers way of saving us. Jesus is God’s required sacrificial Lamb that takes away our guilt for past sins and as our risen Lord, Master and Sovereign Ruler, He empowers us with both a newly created spirit and His Spirit so we can live in righteousness before Him. Jesus offered up His life to the Father as the price to redeem us. He is both our Redeemer and the price of our redemption. (Edited content: Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Jesus offered Himself, His very blood to the Father to grant us forgiveness and cleans us from sin.)
The Father and Jesus living in us is Good News and our Salvation.

It’s all about what you bring to the party. And what Jesus brought was love. Jesus, God’s love child. Everything He said in, to, from His barbarous culture is to be seen through the lens of love. Love does not torture or murder anyone. Period. Let alone on the basis of their meaningless ‘choice’. The broken people I know would never have chosen to become so. They didn’t didn’t choose their lack of privilege. They didn’t choose their parents. None of them chose to become addicts. Love changes everything. Love fixes everything. Or it’s useless. Absolutely useless. Impotent.

As Jesus said twice, the mythical worst of us will have a more bearable judgement. But none of you can read that even when you read it. There’s no hope in you. Any of you. There’s no faith in you. Any of you. You don’t believe Jesus is saviour. Any of you. Not in any rational, loving, cosmic, meaningful sense. Any of you.

You have to believe the worst. The worst possible interpretation.

Why is that?

Because it’s not your fault. It’s the Church’s. West and East, but mainly West, although the East has little to crow about.

And is that the Church’s fault? No of course not. It’s no one’s fault. Not even God’s. This is what natural, carnal minds do.

You cannot see Him even trying can you? Any of you.

This is His first sermon:

Luke 4:16-31

New International Version

16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Why did He not continue let alone finish the sentence?

20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

Why did He sit down at that point?

How does Hell mean punish? And where is Hell mentioned there? Kolazo isn’t a word for Hell.

Kolasis means pruning trees.

Not it does not. In Greek kolazw means punish. Kolasis comes from Kolazo

Refute the link with your sources. Or get off the pot mate.

The word and its cognates has a rich history of changing usage. Yes including Hell.

κόλαση - Wiktionary

κολαστήριο - Wiktionary

It originally meant to prune trees. That’s what Matthew meant. Translating Jesus’ Aramaic. We have no idea what Jesus actually said in that intensely figurative language. But that’s what Matthew meant. That’s what God meant.

Correction, for as long as it takes. Which fits perfectly with the gospel of Sodom and Gomorrah and even the hyperbole of The Unforgiving Servant.

Not eternity in one of Dante’s nine circles or a Bosch painting.

https://el.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/κόλαση

Learn greek or dont talk mate. Better for you. Strange that in your dictionary theres not the word punish but in my greek version it is

What kind of punishment?