"What do you think about Islam?" Postscript

Arab Christians (which are mostly of the Eastern Orthodox spectrum ie Copts,Antiocheans,Orientals etc etc)still refer to Jesus when talking about God.They as well as we here in Greece usually when speaking about God they just use the Word Jesus Christ.I had spoken with one of them who happened to be an immigrant in Greece and thats what i understood when i asked him this question

1 Like

At least the Islamic God doesn’t burn people forever.

I would say that by definition, God is the Creator of the universe. God may do other thngs also, but this is the basic definition of God in English. Is Allah the Creator of the universe? No. Is YHIWH the Creator of the universe? Yes.

If Muslims want to say that Allah, meaning the God of the Quran, is the Creator of the universe. That is their problem. If Christians want to say for the lack of a better term that Allah, meaning the God the Bible is the Creator of universe, I would agree.

The Bible is clear. Our faith is a covenantal faith. YHWH made a covenant with Abraham. YHWH made a covenant with the other patriarchs. YHWH did not change, but people change and the covenant changed and the faith changed.

YHWH made a covenant with Israel through Moses. YHWH refused to give the Hebrews a king until YHWH gave them a King. This is called God’s salvation history, which is the way that YHWH works.

Finally God so loved the world that God sent His One and only Son to make YHWH’s ultimate covenant, the Covenant in the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ. This is covenant that Christians live under.

Islam is Not a covenant faith. There are no promises of salvation in the Quran. Maybe the closest to one is the most controversial, that if one dies while fighting Holy War one is saved. There is no explanation from Allah why Islam is not a covenantal faith.

There is no explanation from Allah as to why the Christian covenant is false, although Quran does say that Jesus did not die on the Cross.

The Muslim definition of Who Allah is is found in Surah 112, that says that Allah is One, meaning Simple, which does not describe the God of the New and Old Covenants.

1 Like

So God is only the creator of the universe when you speak English?

And Dieu is not the creator of the universe, because that is French.
And Gott is not the creator of the universe, because that is German.
And Dio is not the creator of the universe, because that is Italian.
And Bóg is not the creator of the universe, because that is Polish.

Any other languages you want to add in which statements about God are not true because it isn’t English?

Allah is just the word for God in Arabic. It is the word you will find in the Arabic translation of the Bible from the first verse Genesis 1:1.

4 Likes

You miss the clear meaning of what I am saying. When you speak French Dieu is the Creator of the Universe.

Islam claims that Allah is the Name of the God of the Quran. I am saying that objectively, when used in that manner, Allah is not the Creator of the universe. As you may know Muslims make put much emphasis on Allah as God’s Name.

Incorrect. In Islam, God has 99 names in the Quran and “Allah” is not one of them.

Since there are 28 passages in the Bible which teach that God is one, then apparently by your logic, the Bible does not describe the God of the New and Old Covenants. The vast majority of Christian denominations and theology teach a doctrine that God is simple which means your “covenants” is something of some different religion which I do not know.

Now I know that you make stuff up. And the stuff you make up is very weird and logically incoherent.

P.S. in my case, when it comes to the doctrine of divine simplicity, I have difficulties with many statements of this. But when explained as meaning that “there is nothing which is not God which makes God be God.” I can agree with that.

The Trinity is simple?

There are no records of Muslims eating Christians that I’m party to.

Out of curiosity, when you die, will your body still be a Christian?

Ohhhh, so Christians didn’t eat Muslims because they didn’t eat them alive! And the babies they ate hadn’t said the Shahada either way.

Ohhhh, so you think a Christian is a Christian, dead or alive, eh?

How does that follow?

This is getting complicated!

Focus.

• Nick wrote: “Crusaders did what everyone else did in the time of war.”
  • You responded: “There are no records of Muslims eating Christians that I’m party to.”
  • Your response to Nick suggests, IMO, that you think the Crusaders were more reprehensible than the Muslims because the Crusaders ate Muslims and Muslims didn’t eat Crusaders. And I just wanted to know if your opinion of Crusaders’ food choices would change if you knew that what the Crusaders ate was dead before they ate it. That’s why I asked: “when you die, will your body still be a Christian?”
  • Your response to my question suggests to me, IMO, that you understood my question.
  • Because your response seemed to double-down on your objection to Crusaders eating Muslims, ignoring the distinction between living Muslims and dead Muslims, I concluded that you must think a Christian is a Christian, dead or alive; but to make sure that I had arrived at a correct conclusion, I asked: "so you think a Christian is a Christian, dead or alive?

What do you think?

I think we’re back-channeling off-topic; and that you started it by trying to put Nick on the defensive by introducing an off-topic objection.

I think Jesus said this:

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
Matthew 7:13

1 Like

What non-historical nonsense is this?Christians ate muslims?You my friend are biased.Yeah you are one sided actually.Ohh the Muslims were Saints while the Christians were devils eating and destrying Muslims lives.Because of course Christians woke up on day and said"Yeah lets go destroy some Middle East caliphates /.Just stop Klax

Muslims were opressing Christian there before the Crusade.Just as it is happening now.

Also because it happened in ONE SIEGE. it doesnt mean the crusaders had a habbit of eating people.Plus you seem to forget what your Muslims calipahte saints did to the Indian pagans when they tred to conquer them huh?Were did Jesus burned an entire city down and forced the people to convert?That was my first question.

I think that gets one line here. Out of 500.