What about psychopaths?

Because Christ is effectual in saving all, by His faithfulness, pistis Christou, it is appropriate to show gratitude by love, by loving all.

It really is that beautifully clear and simple. After 500 years of Protestant aberration.

We’re less savage than we’ve ever been. Long may it continue. You’ll be well soon.

I think I see an opportunity to do a genuinely good, uncoerced thing. Welcome to the moral world and good luck!

1 Like

It may or may not be appropriate but apparantly not necessary, needed or even necessarily beneficial in this life.
I would like to say more but now that you have shown me the true gospel, i need to go visit my neighbors atractive wife, apparantly it’s erelevnt that she doesnt belong to me. For those of you who are self righteous and would judge me for not doing what’s supposedly morraly right for the sake of doing what some suppose is right, you need to repent and have this new understanding of the gospel that i have gained by listening to some here.

Isn’t that what Satan told God about Job? He said Job was righteous only because he was blessed. “Skin for skin.” Job (and the original audience) had little concept of heaven, so any reward would be on this earth. If the reason you follow Jesus is based on reciprocity, on the rewards you receive,I think that truly puts you on the side of Satan, and is not the true gospel at all. Certainly the promise of heaven gives hope and helps us persevere, but ultimately God is worthy of worship and we should follow Jesus regardless of reward.

4 Likes

I’m sorry? How does that love your neighbour?

Trust in, love for and obedience to Jesus is necessary to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The call of Christ is to repent, turn from sin, love of self and this world and put all your trust in Him, all your love towards Him and obey Him. Trust, love and obedience are inseparable. If you believe and love Him you will obey Him. If you say you have trusted Christ but you continue in covetousness which is idolatry than you will be cast out of the Kingdom, for idolaters will not inherit the Kingdom. If you say you have put your trust in Him but you do not turn away from lusting after your neighbors wife, you are an adulterer and adulterers will not enter the Kingdom. Trusting in Christ as Lord means you submit to His will. Loving Jesus means you will obey His commands. If you trust and love Jesus you will obey. If you continue to disobey Him and don’t turn away from disobedience you do not love or trust Him.
Trusting in Jesus for salvation from sin is not a one time event, it is a continual expression in your moment by moment life in your thoughts, words and deeds. All who call on the name of the Lord will be saved, that calling on Him comes from a continual expression of a mans heart filled with faith and love for Jesus and the Father.

1 Like

It’s not loving my neighbor. But according to you Christ will save me no matter what I do in this life, sooooooooooooooooo, let us eat, drink, fornicate, live a life of pleasure. Why? BECAUSE OF CHRIST, ALL WILL BE WELL.

Why would you want to do that? Why would you not want to spend your life in the light of eternity? For the benefit of others NOW? Living to reach for what is grasped in the transcendent: justice. I presume that’s what you’re doing now of course.

1 Like

Fulfilling the desires of the flesh can bring pleasure. Keeping more of my money for myself and not giving it to help others means I can have more stuff, have more fun and gain more security. If I have to do some things that others consider wrong, like lying or stealing to gain more money (ie. financial security) what’s the big deal, I am better of because I have more to help me in hard times and I can have fun with my new boat that I couldn’t otherwise afford. Live life to its fullest now and whatever living with God is like in the future I can have that too. It’s irrelevant what I do in this life, because of Jesus, ALL WILL BE WELL.

Take the two thieves on the cross by Jesus. It does not matter which one I would be, we both end up gaining the same thing.
This new gospel really frees me up. Until just a few hours ago I would resist the cravings of the flesh, try to persuade people to repent and turn to Jesus, give money to those in need, turn my eyes from gazing on beautiful young ladies, be honest in my business dealings and so on.
BUT NOW THIS NEW GOSPEL UNDERSTANDING HAS SET ME FREE FROM ALL THAT.
Now I can just live my life according to whatever desires or thoughts rise up in me. It doesn’t matter anymore what I think, say or do.
Because of Jesus, ALL WILL BE WELL.

This new gospel is mind blowing to me, it opens up so many opportunities.
I have been married for 39 years, we have 9 children. Well, you can imagine what 9 children would do to my wife’s youthful figure she use to have. But now with this new gospel I realize it is not going to dam me to hell if I go out and find me a young lady. As long as I don’t get caught by my wife or kids then there won’t be any problem.
Martin, you have helped to set me free from the bondage to thinking I had to obey God and Jesus in this life. I hope what you say about ALL WILL BE WELL is true, but it must be so because I don’t think anyone has outright said it is heresy, some may disagree with you, but that is just their opinion. Who can refute your reasoning and the revelation you have, it’s all so clear to me now.

No more cares. No more worries. No more need to walk the straight and narrow path.
Why, there isn’t even any need for faith in Christ or God anymore, because it doesn’t matter what I do or believe in this life. If what you say is true, I’M IN NO MATTER WHAT.

The gospel is, ALL WILL BE WELL FOR ALL, NO MATTER WHAT!

And that, reveals where somebody’s heart truly is - where your treasure is, and what overflows from your heart out of your mouth is revealing. If you really thought this way, it means that Christianity has been reduced to a transaction for you. You fulfill some obligatory things even though you’d rather not, and then God is obliged to let you in because you’ve held on to the transactional receipt to dangle in God’s face that God has paid for your sins. What you aren’t realizing is that forgiveness for sins does not remove our responsibility for the consequences. You are rightly certain that dad won’t kick you out of the family for breaking the window. But the costs for repair are still going to “come out of your allowance” one way or another. We will be taught to despise our sins - and until then we have not yet been fully cleansed. Our sins must be separated from us as far as the east is from the west. We show that this has not yet happened when we continue to be enslaved to our selfish behaviors here and now. When I remember things I’ve done in the past (that I now despise), I don’t celebrate that I “got to do them”, but I mourn that I did them and grieve for how those actions affected others. There are still sins I cling to now that I have not yet been taught to properly hate (to see with God’s eyes). So I know that I am still a work in progress. It sounds like you might be too. Thank the Lord that Christ does not give up on us, but will salt us with the refiner’s fire as deeply and long as necessary - which will not be a walk in the park for any of us. It is a terrible thing indeed to fall into the hands of the Living God - terrible, and yet the only source of our salvation.

4 Likes

I am not a universalist but this “new gospel” you are describing is a blatant strawman. The argument of universalism is not that what you do doesn’t matter at all but only that they do not condemn you for eternity. Your argument applied to the penal system would be that unless punishments are permanent and life long then they have no value as a deterrent – which I don’t think you can justify.

Good lord! HOW DID this thread on psychopaths end up on the topic of universalism? Oh yeah, we seem to have universalism pusher who does this to all the threads.

We also seem to have a prolific, very wounded, poster on a public forum dominated by schoolboy erroneous Lutheran damnationists, who needs to know above all that all will be well for them and even for those who have wounded them, whether directly or no. That justice will be fully served.

Jesus was totally inclusive, i.e. universalist, as clearly proclaimed by Paul. Pistis Christou.

43 years late, I finally caught up with New Perspective on Paul, as revived by Sander’s Paul and Palestinian Judaism, re-revived by Steve Chalk’s Lost Message of Paul 18 months ago. Tom Wright is prolific on it I understand. Maybe I should give him a look after all. I had him down as a looking down the wrong end of the telescope with a desperate liberal eye sort of guy. As I did Steve until I flipped. Not on this, but on - non-existent - Pauline homophobia.

Anyway, that’s the proof that none can be lost. Pistis Christou. A position that cannot be understated on this site and needs no tentative apologetic. Damnationism is as deranged as Luther.

Pistis Christou. Jesus saves.

1 Like

@Cody_G, Luther’s 500 year old schoolboy error was exposed 43 years ago if not before. If salvation is sola gratia, it cannot be sola fide, unless the fide is the faithfulness OF, by Christ.

Jerome, the Catholic Church - Roman and Orthodox - even Protestants like the linguist genius Wycliffe and the editors of the King James all knew this. Luther chose not to and poisoned all waters since, to this day, on this site.

Pistis Christou.

Yep, we get there in the end, or rather roll back to where we were 500 years ago and roll forward better. To paraphrase Samuel Beckett.

Years don’t change truth.

Indeed not, 500 years of diametric error are as yesterday.