Was Abraham Father of the Jews or of Humanity?

You have given samples of different translations. Don’t you know the difference between a translation and a commentary? I asked for examples from commentaries. As for arrogance and negativity towards other, you are the one being arrogant and negative toward the Abrahamic faiths.

Um, the caste system? A system of discrimination that pits Hindus against each other

Abraham sees

I love the Latin anagram. It is no accident:

Quid est veritas? “What is truth?”
Est vir qui adest: “It is the man who is here.”

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/genesis/17-8.htm

OK. I thought repetition of seed in the translations would be sufficient. I correct myself. Here are some extracts from commentaries (Genesis 17:8 Commentaries: "I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God."). These say that the land was inherited by the biological descendants of Abraham:

Benson Commentary

As the land of Canaan was secured to the seed of Abraham, according to the flesh;

Barnes’ Notes on the Bible

The land of promise is made sure to the heir of promise, “for a perpetual possession,” and God engages to “be their God.”

Gill’s Exposition of the Entire Bible

And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee,… To him in right, and to them in possession, and for an inheritance:

Geneva Study Bible

And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Pulpit Commentary

Verse 8. - And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, - literally, of thy sojournings (Genesis 12:9; Acts 7:5; Hebrews 11:9) - all the land of Canaan (vide Genesis 10:19), - for an everlasting possession.

Keil and Delitzsch Biblical Commentary on the Old Testament

(3) that He would give them the land in which he had wandered as a foreigner, viz., all Canaan, for an everlasting possession.

Glad u raised it. It is debatable whether the system was sanctioned by our scriptures. The Upanishads, to my knowledge, do not sanction it. Yet it is true that the practical Hinduism sanctioned it (past tenses). Rama killed a sudra (low caste) because he was undertaking penance. The caste system as abhorrently practiced was rsult of misinterpretation of the scriptures. (I have written a book on this denying hereditary inheritance). So we have corrected ourselves. Our Constitution has not only denied this but gone the opposite way of affirmative action. The difference with Abrahamic religions is that they hold on to the misinterpretations; continue to claim exclusivity; and continue to mindlessly fight with each other as if God is only their private possession.

Love it. Beautiful.

It’s way more important to love him. Truly.

No, that is not debatable.

The constitution of India is not Hindu.

In many places we get along quite well with each other, and even hold interfaith events. Open your eyes and stop fanning flames of discord.

Oh Oh. So what happened to the commentaries??? You wanted them so desperately. NOw that they have been provided to you in a platter, you have gone silent. There is more though. Now please read on the second part of the same commentaries:
The beauty, beaglelady, is that the same and other commentaries support my view:

Benson Commentary

so heaven is secured to all his spiritual seed for a possession truly everlasting.
Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary

The covenant in question was one that involved great blessings for the world in all future ages.

Gill’s Exposition of the Entire Bible

and which was a figure of the heavenly inheritance, which is an eternal one, and will be enjoyed by all his spiritual seed to all eternity:

and I will be their God; as he was to all the natural seed of Abraham in a spiritual sense,

Geneva Study Bible

And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Pulpit Commentary

the earthly Canaan should be retained by them so long as the arrangement then instituted should continue, provided always they complied with the conditions of the covenant; and the heavenly Canaan should be the inheritance of Abraham’s spiritual children forever (vide Genesis 9:16; Genesis 13:15).

Isn’t it remarkable that beaglelady and @Bill_II, like the political Jews, Christians and Muslims, harp only on the biological and ignore the spiritual? Don’t you see the drama being played by you and before you?

Yes indeed, Abrahamics go get along well with each other. The Inquisitions, the forcible conquest of Canaan, the forcible conquest of Israel, the World Trade Tower–all these are not relevant. Only thing that is real is the silly and pretentious interfaith debates designed to only serve as a cover for their exclusive political pursuits?

So give me verses where caste system is not debatable.

But it’s an accurate translation. Sorry about that! You could make your own inaccurate translation. But I’m not seeing where this translation would cause the holocaust. On my planet the holocaust was caused by Hitler and the Nazis. Have I landed in some kind of mirror universe, as happens in Star Trek?

Gosh! You don’t understand that India was 85-90 percent HIndu when we adopted the Constitution. We did not make it a Hindu State because for us the Jews, Christians and Muslims are as much EQUAL children of God as the Hindus. Will the Abrahamics follow us, please?

Don’s run beaglelady, don’t run away. Respond to the two sets of commentaries that you asked for so desperately. Do the first part of commentaries speak of biological inheritance or not? ANSWER THAT. DEFEND THAT. EXEGETE THAT. IF YOU CAN. DONT RUN, DONT RUN AWAY.

Don’t know the verses. Are you denying that the caste system is Hindu?

then stop claiming that is not debatable. what nonsense.

Beaglelady. I like your spirit (though not your language). I just wanted you to know that I know as much English and I can be as abusive. I beseech you, we are children of God. Let us understand by dialogue. I am not into adverseraial discussions. I will not respond to any further invectives from you bcause it serves no purpose. Thanks and let us pursue the truth together.

What happened to your view that commentaries caused the holocaust? Are you moving the goalposts?

We have our problems, but we don’t want to turn into a country like India. Perish the thought!

Thanks, River.

Counterfeits have a lot of similarities with the real thing.