The foundation of our Christian faith is the bible (God's word)

Those verses I gave proves that the bible is the word of God.

You just did.

Lets agree to disagree that God and evolution are incompatible.

If you were truly taught everything about evolution you wouldnt say this.

1 Like

Not incompatible, but violates the very character and nature of who God is.

I dont agree.

Well … they do show how God needs to open our minds to understand things in any case! Maybe it would have been good if He had just come down in person just to be a final Word who could supervise us all in person and then in Spirit … HEY … wait a minute! Is anything sounding familiar here yet?

1 Like

I know you don’t but either I am telling the truth or I am not. Believing in theistic evolution ends up in a theological tangled mess. Which is why so many of you have to misapply or twist scripture, which only leads to more problems. I do not have enough faith to be a theistic evolutionist. I am a coward. I will take the easy road and all of scripture as truth, especially the entire book of Genesis. I believe in talking snakes and a global flood etc… :slight_smile:

LOL…clever. But remember Jesus could not prove who He was unless He fulfilled scripture. Jesus was constantly pointing to scripture. But, yes, I agree that special revelation was needed to understand scripture. Anyway…it was fun…gotta go. God bless :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are no theological problems that have absolutely no explanation in the TE worldview. The literalist reading of genesis has alot more problems for the Bible. The earth being 6000 years old and a global flood that has no evidence for it causes alot of problems. Because they dont go hand in hand with reality. We dont twist scripture at all. We just dont read it the way you do.

2 Likes

The Church decided which books are in the Bible, so how can you say that the Bible is superior to the Church.

3 Likes

That is true. There was a church before there was a NT canon of Scripture.

I would say there is. For one, you have to jettison whole chapters. That is a theological quagmire right there. You do not see the implications, because you do not have a high view of scripture.

The literalist reading of genesis has alot more problems for the Bible.

You would believe that, because the so called problems are secular, and not theological.

The earth being 6000 years old and a global flood that has no evidence for it causes alot of problems.

For you and not for me. Your default position is to believe in what secular scientist teach. What you call “no evidence” is simply a presupposition.

Because they dont go hand in hand with reality. We dont twist scripture at all. We just dont read it the way you do.

Again, you are calling your presupposition ‘reality’ Just because you believe it does not make it true. Furthermore this is more than just simply reading scripture differently. What you believe about scripture is either TRUE or FALSE. And theistic evolutionists have a false view of scripture.

I never said that. I can easily say that there are no lost books of the bible, because of 2 Timothy 3:16 “16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,”

I do not see the bible as a book of full of pages with text on it. The bible is the word of God, divinely inspired. God created the world in 6 literal 24 hr days. I think He can manage to get all His words to us in one book.

Scripture predates Christianity, my friend

Don’t attempt to change what I said. There was a church before there was a NT canon of Scripture. NT=New Testament. And the NT Scriptures weren’t canonized for several centuries.

I agree that Scripture is not the only way we hear from God. We have the mind of Christ and the Holy Spirit speaks to our hearts. God also speaks to us through his body, the church, where specific members are gifted by the Holy Spirit to speak God’s truth to us as they prophesy, exhort, teach, intercede, discern, and encourage.

How does one know the voice of God? You hold up what you hear to your understanding of Scripture and your experience of God’s character, and you pray for discernment and wisdom to apply truth well in real life situations. Is this an infallible process? Nope, but neither is reading the Bible to hear from God.

How do I know I’m a Christian? I confess with my mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart God raised him from the dead. I live out my faith in tangible works of love and service to God and my neighbor. I consistently try to align my priorities with Jesus’ priorities as an ambassador of his kingdom.

If you insist that Genesis has to be a historical account that adheres to the tenets of Young Earth Creationism, then you have to jettison the whole Bible because the facts of the world around us show it to be false.

At least to me, the more prudent choice is to jettison a bad interpretation instead of the whole thing.

1 Like

Then why is the Jewish Bible different from the Christian Bible? Why is the Catholic Bible different from the Protestant Bible?

1 Like

I did not…

My point is, that you can’t know anything without scripture telling you anything. i.e who is the Holy Spirit etc…

Without the bible (God’s word), Christianity falls apart. Atheists know this, which is why they vehemently try to destroy the bible.

Oh…so believing in an absolute good or an absolute evil is being a Sith? I pray you jest