The Exodus no or little evidence

In keeping with cultural evolution.

[And where do you get that information?]

I’ll see if I can explain what was going on in my imagination so this will make more sense (not saying we’ll agree) but at least you’ll understand how I’m comprehending, or I hope maybe., please let me know if still confused ok

1. Exodus era: God told Hebrews to Kill people who made Moloch calf located at Mount Sinai

2. Exodus era: God told Hebrews to kill people who have a Moloch calf located at Canaanites country

3. Not Exodus era but years later: God told Hebrews not to kill who has a Moloch Owl in California America

What’s the change from God telling Hebrews to kill people with Moloch calf and not to kill people with Moloch owl?

Two commandments God gave to Moses: don’t kill, don’t have idols.

What’s the difference between a Moloch calf and Moloch owl?

Aaron was the one who made the golden calf, and God didn’t punish him, just the common people. This calf wasn’t associated with the god Moloch.

What Hebrews are you referring to? Hebrews/Israelites refer to people in ancient times. Today we call them Jews, or Israelis (if living in Israel). What is this Moloch Owl in California? We have religious freedom in this country, so nobody would be allowed to destroy pagan shrines or kill the worshippers anyway. And for most, God no longer speaks through prophets, unless you are LDS.

1 Like

Ok maybe the idol calf isn’t a Moloch, I don’t know
But here is where I found 3,000 died at Mount Sinai

Exodus
27 Moses told them, “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Each of you, take your swords and go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other. Kill everyone—even your brothers, friends, and neighbors.” 28 The Levites obeyed Moses’ command, and about 3,000 people died that day.

29 Then Moses told the Levites, “Today you have ordained yourselvesd for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Today you have earned a blessing.”

The Reason why I asked about idols, is it seems sometimes God wants people to be killed, while at other times God doesn’t have people killed

The Jews live in a lot of countries and God doesn’t keep asking Jews to kill people who have idols. How come?

What changed compared to the Exodus era?

Oh that moloch in CA America Combine_Advisor shared the website yes he has it correct. Bohemian grove, in Monte Rio, Ca, United States

My question is: Because I notice patterns, I ask what’s the change, how come it doesn’t continue how God was during the Exodus era, telling Hebrews or Jews or Israelis or whomever to go kill due to an idol?

Another question, what would have happened if the Canaanites didn’t have any idols, then would the Hebrews not have killed the Canaanites then?

I don’t know. I’m not God. Sometimes it seems a bit arbitrary on who gets smoked.

We don’t live in ancient times, for one thing. And we don’t live in a Theocracy. And God doesn’t have hitmen. And that’s a good thing. There are extremists around, but they are usually forced to behave themselves.

Of course, there are people who believe that God wants them to go out and murder. I would assume they are mentally ill.

There is no evidence for a massive exodus from Egypt or a violent conquest of Canaan. There was a small migration of people who peacefully brought knowledge of God and his Law into the land of Canaan. Most Canaanites adopted the new faith. While the Hebrews had knowledge of God, they continued to also worship idols big time. They continued to do this until the Babylonian captivity. That straightened them out.

The intrusion from east at 13c BCE stands against Exodus from Egypt.

Authors of the Septuagint were located in Egypt. The Hebrews may have lost memory of the original location of Mitsrayim during Exodus and Exile. The 70 priests may have re-identified Mitsrayim in Egypt. There is no evidence of the name “Misr” before 13c BCE. Then we have problems of no use of straw for baking bricks in Egypt. So Abraham would not have come to Egypt on etymological considerations. Maybe Mitsrayim was located eelsewhere.

1 Like

Israel in Canaan at 12c BCE does not tell about the Israel before Exodus at 1500-1300 BCE. That remains shrouded in mystery.

That’s because they were less culturally differentiated Canaanites.

Do I have to believe ancient Jewish myths before I can believe that God walked the Earth as a Jew?

I agree with you that there’s no evidence for massive exodus from Egypt.

I think Hebrews left Indus Valley India and traveled to Yisrael. Also that would make more sense why it taken 40 years

Where did ​Hebrews get fuel to heat gold over 2000 degrees​ ​Fahrenheit​ or ​1093.33333 Celsius, when making this golden calf at Mount Sinai located at Taftan volcano in Iran

Hebrews left Indus Valley India and travelled to Yisrael

Same place people in the Bronze Age got the fuel to melt metal. It isn’t rocket science.

So camels weren’t domesticated during the time of Abraham, so how would Abraham have a lot of camels then, if camels hadn’t been domesticated yet?

Oh so goats don’t make a lot of milk, and yeah for goats or any animal to make milk they need young ones needing milk, that’s another area I find challenging is how these animals even cattle, travelled with the Hebrews., how these animals have enough to eat and drink water

Wow the connection and memories you have, when visiting your daughter and her husband, who spent 4 years with people group in Western Sahara

I wonder what the people group in Western Sahara thinks of Exodus?

My understanding about Exodus is Hebrews came from Indus Valley India and travel to Yisrael

That understanding has no basis in history whatsoever. How did you come by that understanding?

2 Likes

There’s actually some evidence that they had been; I don’t know how many there would have been at the time, but it did happen.

How did Aaron learn goldsmithing, and how did they think to steal goldsmithing equipment? After all, they had to leave Egypt in a hurry

Your geography is a tad off.

1 Like

Good question, “how did they think to steal goldsmithing equipment, after all they had to leave in a hurry?”

I understand we have different locations, where Hebrews left from and where Mount Sinai is.

Oh and what about pre-plan, if bring equipment with to make this gold calf: did Moses know about this equipment?

Who all knew about this equipment pre-plan this action before it happened?

Needing molding equipment, so it can burn fuel to heat gold over 2000 degrees Fahrenheit or 1093.33333 Celsius. So can pour gold in this mold so can form as a calf, and not look like abstract art?

Another question I have is, how much gold is needed to make big enough calf to dance around and sacrifice to?

EXODUS 32:2 KJV “And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which [are] in the ears of your wives, of your…” “And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.”

Jewelry, well that would make about 3 inch or 7.62 centimeter golden calf about, that’s not a big calf that’s describe in Exodus?

How much gold is needed to make this huge golden calf to dance around and sacrifice to? I picture wagons of bars are needed to make a huge golden calf.

Also can this be done less then 40 days, and remember many of those 40 days were spent waiting for Moses.

So Good question, “how did they think to steal goldsmithing equipment, after all they had to leave in a hurry?”

One of many problems. Although, gold is easy to work with and a charcoal fire and bellows could easily get it to melting temperature. If they had a clay idol tucked away, I could see it used as a form fairly easily with gold overlay. When we were in the desert, charcoal was made from acacia trees that grew in the protected areas, and used to brew tea and such.

3 Likes

Wherever you are is a filter, a prism, a lens, a place, a prison from which to view all things. There is no moral failure in that. It takes enormous time and effort to even have an undeserved hope of transcending that.