The Exodus no or little evidence

Good point, Combine…

1 Like

The book is/was **Yesterday and Today in Sinai *strong text by Col. Jarvis. He wrote in 1932. In Exodus 15:22, it talks about the waters of Marah. In this passage it talks, in verse 23-24 about how bitter the water is . So in verse 24-25 Moses heard people grumbling about “what are we to drink?” and Moses took a piece of wood and threw it into the water and made them drinkable. Jarvis noted on p 183, “They probably … found the wells at Mazar, which are undoubtedly bitter. The water, incidentally, is so bad it cannot be used on the engines of the Palestine Railway.” The implications of this assertion was that Moses already knew these places, as a longtime resident of the region, and thus his actions were not miracles but planned. Enjoy the book wherever you manage to find it (library).

1 Like

PDF is available here

1 Like

Awesome! And thank you @Bill_II for the pdf!

What truth could there be about the Exodus?

That there were less than 10,000 Asiatics living in Egypt by 1200 BCE?
When Israelite Canaanites are first mentioned. In Canaan?
With no trace whatsoever in Sinai?

Four hundred years later no Judean prophet mentions it.

The Jewish foundation fantasy, written a thousand years after its setting, is truly that and was part of Jesus’ enculturation as Shakespeare is mine. The fantasy is as historical as Titus Andronicus.

Ron Wyatt has found Chariot wheels in the Red Sea. Sounds convincing!

1 Like

Heheheh. I remember hearing about this little fib!

1 Like

What? Little fib? You faithless heretic! OPEN YOUR EYES!

1 Like

Why do half of his followers burst out into tears over everything he does? The folks who unironically follow AiG and Patterns of Evidence don’t act like that.

Well for one, I think the event itself probably occurred a couple decades before 1200 BCE and did not involve that many people. Also, just to be sure, where did you get that number.

Seems like it, and genetics confirms this. This could either mean absolutely nothing, as Israel is denoted curiousl as a people group, expected if they would have recently showed up there, or it would mean that it was only a group of Yahwists that left Egypt and changed the lives of the El-worshipping aboriginals of Canaan forever.

If I was advocating for a horde of millions you would have a point, but judging from how long ago this event was, the small number of people involved, and the nature of the desert itself (once a jeep from the Yom Kippur War was found submerged under 52 feet of sand), it’s not that shocking.

What about the Song of the Sea; even still, there could have been oral traditions put to text later on, or manuscripts that never survived.

We both know that Shakespeare was writing fiction.

2 Likes

Disclaimer: don’t bother with Patterns of Evidence. It’s all wrong.

amazing!! everything eventually ends up on the Internet!!! HA!

1 Like

no one believes Ron Wyatt… or should

1 Like

It’s not as bleak as all that, Klax…

And COMBINE ADVISOR…I saw that movie a couple times…interesting. The last time I saw it, it was being shown at a local college. A couple of the individuals who were interviewed in the movie were present and they disputed the movie’s overall findings. One even thought his own remarks were edited improperly in the movie. Ah well…we can say that the movie – while interesting – is one man’s efforts at making sense of things.

2 Likes

Unless one is looking very hard for evidence that just isn’t there.

1 Like

There was no violent conquest of Canaan. I’m sure some are disappointed at the lack of evidence for towns full of slaughtered Canaanite families, but not me. Besides, you can see slaughtered families in Ukraine if that’s your thing.

2 Likes

The man may have been sincere, somewhere in his head, but he “discovered” way too many biblical things. Something not right. His illegtimacy does not negate the possibilty of the event described in the Bible…but that is a whole other subject.

1 Like

He was a charlatan.

1 Like

I agree with that overall, but people are complex. No idea where in his head he started out.

1 Like

His business is reminiscent of the Relic Cult.