The Exodus no or little evidence

Here is a link to my notes along with references for the possible connections between Indus Valley script and Hebrew.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jhoe9xl0aeMUbs6l8Y6CtwMIFCTS3zDZ/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=115481530671741156769&rtpof=true&sd=true

1 Like

The Egypt concordance rests on only the Exodus. Here is a concordance between Hebrew and Hindu genealogy and time line from Adam at 4000 BCE to Moses at 1500 BCE. Below I am giving a short extract from my book giving more chronological details.
We place Adam at c. 4000 BCE based on the Biblical tradition, since the Islamic and Hindu traditions are silent on his dates.

We place Cain after 3300 BCE on archaeological evidence of conflict between herdsmen and agriculturists mentioned in the Biblical and Hindu traditions; and his location between Adam at c. 4000 BCE, and Noah at c. 3000 BCE. This suggestion is consistent with the composition of the Rig Veda in the fourth millennium BCE. We, therefore, use 3200 BCE as an approximate date for the birth of Cain or Indra.

The date suggested for Noah is between 3402 and 2462 BCE in the Biblical tradition, c. 3000 BCE in the Islamic tradition, and between 3212 and 2798 BCE in the Hindu tradition. Thus, c. 3000 BCE is consistent with all the three traditions’ ranges, and we accept this as the approximate date.

The date for the birth of Abraham in the Biblical tradition is before 2090 BCE. The Islamic tradition suggests a date of c. 2000 BCE. S B Roy gives the date for the birth of Rama between 1996 and 1646 BCE. It is not possible to reconcile these differences at the present state of our knowledge. In deference to the specific date given by the Biblical tradition, we use the date of 2090 BCE, henceforth written as c. 2100 BCE, for the birth of Abraham.

The Biblical tradition suggests the date of birth of Moses at 1525 BCE, the Islamic tradition suggests c. 1700 BCE, and S B Roy suggests a date of between 1445 BCE and 1124 BCE. It is again not possible to reconcile these differences at the present state of our knowledge. We use a middle date of c. 1500 BCE as an approximation for the birth of Moses.

We, therefore, consider the dates of birth of the Prophets in the combined timeline as Adam c. 4000 BCE, Cain c. 3200 BCE, Noah c. 3000 BCE, Abraham c. 2100 BCE and Moses c. 1500 BCE.

All I see is two lists with no necessary correlation and only your declaration. Sorry.

3 Likes

The 4000 BC (or BCE ; - ) “Biblical tradition” as far as I’m aware came from Bishop James Ussher, 1581–1656 CE… Christ’s Era ; - )

1 Like

Perhaps a little too different…

Careful around Patterns of Evidence; they tend to lionize fringe scholars.

Did you look at the Heiser video? His point about mainstream archeology is legit I think, unlike YECism’s complaint about ‘secular’ science.

1 Like

Sorry, I have trouble controlling my elephant; I wasn’t responding to Dr. Heiser specifically, I should give it a watch.

1 Like

That is true. I understand no other credible date is available hence I have used this, please.
Here is a link for detailed discussion of the parallels between chronology and genealogy of Biblical and Hindu divine persons.
https://docs.google.com/document. I have already posted detailed discussion of the link of Hebrew language with the Indus Valley above.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AuAPkEtbzHYxMWFBIl6IIr4Vh9r5FH-0/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=115481530671741156769&rtpof=true&sd=true

I saw the video. The basic point is that chronology must extend from Adam to Moses in West Asia. Picking one person is problematic.

The Bible does not say where Adam, Noah, Abraham and Moses lived in the context of modern geography. The Bible mentions places like Eden, Shinar, Ur Chaldea and Mitsrayim. But where these are located has to be culled out of the text my matching with the geographical descriptions such as those of mountains, rivers and volcanoes. Thus, we cannot say that they did not come from India untill we check whether the geographical descriptions match India better or West Asia.

I respect your research, what you wrote is so interesting, I read your draft in your google doc and learn more

That’s so interesting about how language evolved over time, from the Indus Valley and spread onward around the world.

Example in your Draft you wrote “the Proto-Indo European PIE0 evolved into Germanic and other IE languages westward and Sanskrit eastward…”

That’s very interesting Germanic westward - Sanskrit eastward

I wonder now, about this country called Germany, maybe Germany was named after its association with the Germanic language? What do you think?

…more about Egypt:

1 Like

And I am assuming that the authors knew the local geography so when they say “Now there was a famine in the land; so Abram went down to Egypt” that Egypt means Egypt.

And your matching, given how loose it is, could match any number of other locations. You have an a priori reason for picking India and as a result ignore vast swaths of the OT.

Or simply accept that a book that is inspired by God gets it’s basic geography correct.

2 Likes

This is just as pathetic as attempts to make the geography in the Book of Mormon fit the Americas. Pounding a square peg in a round hole.

1 Like

I like your response. Curious and allowing.

I’m also looking forward what @bharatjj will share about Muslims provide linguistic tree evidence.

So far I learn from @bharatjj how languages travel, showing we all came from Indus Valley

Lets see what I remember so far., Sanskrit eastward onward - Germanic westward onward. I learn this from @bharatjj draft he shared in this thread.

Oh, I learned a Sanskrit word from your message Dhaniyavad means Thank you.

I went to google translate to hear Dhaniyavad https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=rT&sl=auto&tl=en&text=Dhaniyavad&op=translate

I love learning

Thanks./Dhaniyavad.

Add note I hope this is funny

I learn recently from @bharatjj draft and I put humor to it.

The Proto-Indo European (PIE) reminds me of an actual pie

You wants some pie., what kind of pie do you have., oh I have some Proto-Indo European pie., lol

I random pick you to share this to and I’ll let @bharatjj let us know what this guy is rapping

This is rap Sanskrit and some how maybe Shakespeare will like this rap too

I just learn that Sanskrit language travel Eastern onward., but some how Sanskrit travel to these people in this car

I wonder if Hebrews Yadavas sing this Sanskrit folks song during Exodus era

Dale you explain you had Kidney cancer

I shown kindness to you

Ok i’m better now., I don’t know why I get so childish so quickly.
I’m sorry ok

I do care ok

you had kidney cancer and i was showing I care the best i could

and I had kidney infection and almost died at age 3

I’m ok now with my kidneys and you survived kidney cancer

friends ok

2 Likes

Cultural misappropriation is universal in Christianity. Not just my former cult that was Anglo-Israelite, but Zionist Evangelicalism in its paradoxical Replacement Theology and the inclusion of the Old Testament.

1 Like

Well if no place with four rivers of Eden, no place where floods last for 150 days, no Ur Chaldea with astrology, no land between two rivers bequeathed to Abram, no Mitsrayim before 1300 BCE at the time of Abraham, no parting of the Yam Suf, no volcano–if all this is good; then perhaps…

[quote=“Bill_II, post:402, topic:49111”]
Quote: And I am assuming that the authors knew the local geography so when they say “Now there was a famine in the land; so Abram went down to Egypt” that Egypt means Egypt.

Please read the Bible carefully. It does NOT say Egypt. It says Mitsrayim. And Egypt was not known as Misr, let alone Mitsrayim, before 1300 BCE.

Quote: And your matching, given how loose it is, could match any number of other locations. You have an a priori reason for picking India and as a result ignore vast swaths of the OT.

Please point out one or two things in the OT that I ignore.

Quote: [Or simply accept that a book that is inspired by God gets it’s basic geography correct.

Of course, the Bible has its geography correct. But it does not say Egypt nor does it mention West Asia before the Exodus. Where that geography was located is an open question.