Skeptics Say, ‘Do Your Own Research.’ It’s Not That Simple

Overemphasizing gadflies is a recipe for misleading the unwashed masses. People want to follow him and avoid vaccines, then I am all for it. I just see them dying over and over and over so it doesn’t seem to be working out that well. Listen to the hell that poor Ms. Stinnet suffers when she finally realizes she bet on the wrong horse. She is truly terrified and in great pain and suffering. Or you can spend five minutes getting vaccinated. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

Pretty soon, many of us are not going to care if these folks want to believe anything they want. The Prayer Warriors seem not to have the ear of the Goddess from what I see. I also note the type of media in which that person appears in. I am not interest in conspiracy garbage. The idea that that guy has not gotten a hearing is far from the truth.

He’s a narcissistic genius who strays far from what he can prove essentially speaking in misleading sentences that are likely to dissuade people from getting vaccinated. I am about to the point where I say let the vast unwashed go without vaccines. More power to them. I can go on reddit and see one after the other dying after posting outrageous things where the test God and then lose and die miserably in a humiliating fashion. Maybe this is a Darwinian way for the U.S. to ease the population and before long, perhaps the anti-vaxxers will all be dead.

Maybe we need the anti-vaxxers to all sign an oath not to go to the hospital to seek services for Covid like they all do, ending up wasting resources for months and weeks while dying in an excruciating fashion. I see some of these families where three or more families members are all dying at the same time and they still don’t get it. After a few more of these families are cleaned out, maybe these types will wake up but either way, as long as I don’t know them, eh.

I do say a prayer for every single one that requests prayer along with the P.W.'s but my prayers do not seem particularly effective in overriding a virus that people have chosen to underestimate. It’s just a cold right? Sniffles?

1 Like

So you have no loved ones who are prey to this narcissist who must be given free reign?

I’d love some psycho to try that in the civilized world.

1 Like

This is truly tragic to me. This poor woman is clearly dying on camera and…

Her page is still up. And then there’s this poor soul:

They both ended up having very public, tragic deaths and they still wouldn’t stop working. People dying in real-time is a really unsettling thing to me. I lost a good friend from the Christian high school I attended who had five children and dies of Covid two weeks ago. It hurts me to think about him dying like this and many people end up dying alone in great fear and pain.

There would have to be a whole lot more side effects from Covid before I will miss any boosters. All of these stories on Reddit are harrowing. Who texts while they are dying? It seems that so many of these people are under-educated and alone. Goddess bless.

WJ

1 Like

So you’re just being ironic about letting the plague rip through the deprived?

1 Like

Any one of us who has struggled with pseudoscience or conspiracy theories (most of us, with YEC in the past; and it’s estimated a large number have conspiracy theories) can empathize with Covid skeptics… Well put. I resemble that.

Hi Vance, I do appreciate your thoughts, and I am glad to see you are healthy enough to participate on the forum.

However, your hopeful statement has been disproved tens of millions of times—at least once for each American adult who has vowed never to get a COVID vaccine.

It is true that persuasion of those captured by conspiracy thinking requires patient listening and kindness. @Marty is right about that. At the same time, private companies are trying to be careful not to spread destructive conspiracy theories, which seems like an action a private company should be allowed to take.

My $.02,
Chris

4 Likes

I don’t approve of censorship, and I encourage others to scorn censorship.

And Dr. Malone is an expert deserving of a hearing.

But this amounts to yelling fire in a crowded theater. Such speech should always be censored.

3 Likes

I don’t scorn stopping those that profit from spreading conspiracy theories online, misinformation, mental trauma, severe disease and death, spreading little lies or big ones. E.g., “Sandy Hook was a hoax.”

1 Like

Borscht.  

1 Like

You wouldn’t want to hang out on this forum if no censorship of any kind was ever practiced – there are always bots, spammers, self-promoters, instigators, and big egos looking for places to jump in and take over. Some censorship is inevitable – the question is more about what the standards should be and how they should be applied.

8 Likes

Which part is yelling fire?

Yet this is censorship of an expert. It is not the same as silencing a bot.

An expert spreading misinformation, lies, little or big, whatever their credentials, does not deserve a hearing.

2 Likes

I can quote from Wikipedia too:

Robert Wallace Malone is an American virologist and immunologist. His work has focused on mRNA technology, pharmaceuticals, and drug repurposing research. During the COVID-19 pandemic, he has been criticized for promoting misinformation about the safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines. Robert W. Malone - Wikipedia

1 Like

For many months, the possibility that Covid escaped from the Wuhan lab was censored as a conspiracy theory and misinformation, until it wasn’t.

The former head of the CDC says it is his opinion that that is what happened.

What part of spreading misinformation about the efficacy of vaccines needs to be clarified?

What specific statement do you object to?

Sorry, I did’t make a transcript, but this covers it.