My Queen, THE Queen, has passed

We will never see her like again.

God save the King!

14 Likes

She was an inspiration. An example to us all.

3 Likes

Sorry but good you’re not talking about the other one, your missus. I only started hearing intimations in the news yesterday. She had a long life and about as full as one could hope for in that role.

1 Like

May Elizabeth rest in peace and rise in glory.

2 Likes

Controvesial topic to say the least.Wasnt really fond of her or any kind of royalty

I remember this portrait in the class from grade one, sixty years ago.

3 Likes

And as a totally conflicted republican agnostic, God bless Her.

2 Likes

Or at least bless her progeny, friends and foes … at least as much of them as she invested in in life, seemingly a goodly number. Life goes on but she has stepped off.

Foes? ISIS threatened Her once. Bad move.

1 Like

Yep And she did some good in making the royalty more -if not perfectly- transparent. Wasn’t her father the stutterer? I liked that movie.

1 Like

Aye. A fine King. Unlike his appalling brother. To quote an historian who knows everything covered by the hundred year act, to me, in private, 'They’d have hung him if they could".

2 Likes

I’m assuming you mean the appalling American skirt chasing one. I feel the same way about our recent would-be king.

2 Likes

Aye. But at least ours abdicated. Fascism is the only thing they had in common.

1 Like

My kinsman David Cameron, her 12th prime minister, said she was the world’s greatest public servant and diplomat. Can’t stand the man. But he’s right.

Agreed. Her service to the world and her people will never be forgotten. God save the King!

3 Likes

May she Rest In Peace.
Quick question(s): I heard that some people apparently celebrated her death due to possibly bad stuff that happened during her ruling, I’m not exactly sure what it could have been, can anyone who knows their research on this possibly give me an answer? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

There will always be such bitter, broken people. Nothing has been reported here. Even Putin sent his condolences.

2 Likes

We all seem to have trouble with conflating group with individual pain. She did much to reverse the pain of previous generations, though she was not guilty of it. She showed responsibility in doing what she could. May we learn from her.

Here is one allusion from Fox News (not my favorite source). Carnegie Mellon professor wishes Queen Elizabeth ‘excruciating pain’ as she ‘finally’ dies | Fox News

3 Likes

Now imagine showing that support or at least that emotion for a homelless man who died alone without anyone near him.This world is a joke .Just saying

1 Like

Unlike Jesus, who put his empathy for the poor–you’re right–we often have our priorities in the wrong place. It’s a good idea to honor where she’s due, but also remember that the servant in heart will be the greatest. May we learn to do the best we can with what we have.

2 Likes