Jesus' identity and Trinity

By nature. In the quality of His thinking. [How could a Person of the Holy and Undivided Trinity, encapsulating infinity from eternity, worlds without end, physical and heavenly, become only and just a man just and only once, for 33 years?]

So Jesus thinking he is God makes him God? If i think im God therefore im(This is what i understood about your statement).If you could explain that more that woud be helpfull

Now we are talking. Yes jesus as flesh and bones didnt “exist” of coursed. He was formed .

Before His death and resurrection He never said that He was God. He never claimed to be God. Referred to Himself as the son of man. He did claim divinity. And… it’s not as clear cut as that : )

He is the greatest mystery we will ever encounter.

I and the Father are one. Which Father is he speaking of ? Joseph? You are making him a second god caliming that he is divine yet he wasnt God.

So if he wasnt God what as he a prophet? And what we believe then?You are rejecting hes God yet you call him divine you are rejecting he claimed to God be before ressurection but after somehow he was ? Now you are the greatest mystery for me sir :sweat_smile:.But i love you!!!

As posted using all those verses earlier scripture is clear.

Jesus was the word of God made into flesh. Jesus did not know everything and so he was not all knowledgeable. Jesus could be tempted. Jesus could be killed. Jesus , was a human. Divine nature or not does not change while in flesh Jesus was fully human. He even did not consider himself comparable to God and said only the father was good.

We can either look at Jesus through our own will and the thoughts of others or we can compare that and see if it fits with clear scripture.

When God became a man, that’s exactly what happened. He became a man made lower than angels. He was not sin proof. It could be useless if he was. He was tempted, and he conquered it and that allowed him to conquer desth because it’s sin that’s wages is death. He overcame it. By choice.

1 Like

yeah but the divine still was overlaping with his human weakness. The divine steped in when he refused Satan because if he had lost the divine he wouldnt. Plus if he had lost it he wouldnt have resurected from the dead. Thats what i take from the gospel.God became a servant leaving all his "godlinness"asside but still attaining it somehow. I think i agree with you we just use different terms

1 Like

We disagree there. I don’t think Jesus had any extra help then we have to avoid sin. Sin is a choice for every human and angel. Jesus confronted that choice as a man and conquered it. He did not have special help. If he had to have special help then that means we don’t choose sin and are not guilt of it. It has to be a choice and he had to choose rightness.

1 Like

I dont get it. So can you refuse sin alone Mi Krumm? I know i cant. And what about the garden. Father let this cup pass from me. Knowing he has to die doesnt only requires help to overcome that but also diviness i think. If he wasnt "getting " any help as you say he would chose an alternatve way sort of

1 Like

So he chould chose to sin? So basically we are lucky he didnt?

To me a better question is do you choose to sin and are guilty because it’s your choice or does god force us to sin by our nature?

If sin is not a choice then we are not guilty.
If sin is not a choice then we can’t choose righteousness either.

If sin is a choice, then that means we can choose righteousness. Before every sin we make a choice. Even if that choice becomes so ingrained we hide it under subconscious verbiage.

When god says we all fall short does that mean he knows that we all will choose sin or does that mean he made us all choose sin?

What I do know is that when I sin it’s because I choose to do it. No matter how angry or horny I feel when I sin it’s because I choose to sin. Same for when I choose to do good.

Jesus chooses to do good.

Isaiah 7:10-16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Child Immanuel
10 Then the Lord spoke again to Ahaz, saying, 11 “Ask a sign for yourself from the Lord your God; make it deep as Sheol or high as heaven.” 12 But Ahaz said, “I will not ask, nor will I test the Lord!” 13 Then he said, “Listen now, O house of David! Is it too slight a thing for you to try the patience of men, that you will try the patience of my God as well? 14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel. 15 He will eat curds and honey at the time He knows enough to refuse evil and choose good. 16 For before the boy will know enough to refuse evil and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread will be forsaken.

If he was tempted and made a choice then yes that means he could have decided to sin.

I refuse to believe that our hole salvation was depended upon luck. Because that it what is beign implied. So we are lucky Jesus did not choose to sin?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s based on luck either. I think it’s based on a god who knows everything and from the time Adam and Eve sinned know that the messiah was coming who would crush the head of the serpent. Our salvation is not built around luck but on our hope of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ choose to do good.

Otherwise free will does not exist and sin is not a choice and we are not guilty of something God forces on us. I refuse to believe that and it’s not what I see in scripture.

If sin was not possible for Jesus than how was he tempted? To be tempted means there is a choice to do bad.

1 Like

Yeah nowi agree fully with you. But we cant take out the chance that Jesus could have sinned right?But God (The Father for me)knew that Jesus would not but still had free will to do right?

1 Like

That’s the only way it makes sense to me. Others may have different ideas and can use scripture to bring up a argument I may consider but as of now and looking through them all that’s the only one I can make fit systematically for me.

Nick. You are doing great. Better than you know! Prince trumps toad. Jesus was a toad - human - with the nature of a prince - God. Choice is a meaningless concept for me. Weakness, disordered passions are meaningful to me. Jesus was normal in His human nature. But He was also God by nature. God cannot sin.

Did you just compared Jesus to a toad? My man what is going on :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And Nick. You’ll be delighted to know… this is causing me a crisis of faith : )

Above I said Jesus never claimed to be God. He didn’t explicitly. He never said ‘I am God’. But He did say everything but. Seven times He identified with YHWH. Not counting how many times He accepted the title Lord. He understood, knew Himself to be, the God of the Old Testament.

That used to work for me.

I wish it still did. Life would be so much simpler.