Is this the end?

People get angry at lowered speed limits and bikers at helmets. What’s your point?

1 Like

Signs in the heavens.
Check out the unusual display in Hawaiian skies.

For me, the end is when I’m below ground. But then again, it is only the beginning. In terms of eschatology, I don’t dabble with that because no one will know the exact hour. What I can do is follow Christ’s commandments to the best of my own abilities, love others, and make the best of the life we have serving Him, being an example for others to see.

6 Likes

Actually… NO.

It is a particular culture which is so unhealthy and that culture is indeed very conservative. But you can find a another sector of the united states which is conservative but also healthy. And the most liberal area is not any more healthy than this other conservative area. After all I am in Utah and that state is in that other sector of the US. You are barking up the wrong tree. It’s the next tree over to the south.

Actually yes.

Everything I stated is true. The area I showed is one of the unhealthiest, one of the worse zones throughout the entire covid of it spreading, an are where they typically are anti science, and an are where a specific political view tends to dominate it. What did I say that’s not true?

1 Like

It’s like seatbelts. You’re old enough to remember (maybe not the latter :grin:) when seatbelts were first mandated to be in cars. People got upset, but then they began to submit to the law. It’s in the public’s interest economically to not lose productive workers so that they can add to the GDP, not to mention the other related costs that subtract from our overall welfare.

Christians should be setting the example and be known for it, to the renown of their Lord. It’s just the opposite, isn’t it, as you so nicely illustrated. There’s irony in the fact that mask wearers are being “ultraconservative”.

3 Likes

I’m getting a feeling of deja vu… like we had this exact same conversation with some of these exact same examples just a few months into the pandemic. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

I have that feeling quite often. And it is I think nearly certain that very few of us ever generate an entirely new thought or argument here any more. But if we were to recycle last year’s words, cut-n-paste style, they just wouldn’t have the same freshness about them I suppose. (except to new readers and those of us like me who have short memories.)

5 Likes

That’s true… there are a lot of the same types of topics discussed here. Perhaps I remember this one because it was overly repetitious without resolution. Maybe it’s okay as long as it only happens once a year. :wink:

3 Likes

I recently saw this message: “A vaccine is free; hospitalization isn’t.” What’s the current U.S. statistic on those who have been vaccinated subsequently being hospitalized?

Speaking of déjà vu: Does any one remember the mandatory U.S. seat belt law of the 1980s?
First It Was Seat Belts. Now It’s Vaccines

Moderna announced Thursday morning its Covid-19 shot is about 93% effective through six months after the second dose. Pfizer in July said the effectiveness of its jab steadily declines to about 84% six months after the final dose. Both vaccine makers have said they expect booster shots to be necessary ahead of the winter season, particularly due to the threat of the delta variant.

The next more deadly variant isn’t on the scene, yet, at least as far as anyone knows. It is predicted based on the Covid virus’s mutation rate, and the liklihood of a more deadly strain surviving if we don’t wipe out Covid before winter.

Fauci warned in the interview that the U.S. is “very lucky” to have vaccines that have held up against the variants, suggesting that may not be the case if even more severe strains emerge.

“If another one comes along that has an equally high capability of transmitting but is also much more severe, then we could really be in trouble,” Fauci told McClatchy. “People who are not getting vaccinated mistakenly think it’s only about them. But it isn’t. It’s about everybody else, also.”

The U.S. is reporting a seven-day average of nearly 94,000 new cases as of Aug. 4, up 48% from one week ago, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. In a separate measure from the average, the U.S. actually topped 100,000 daily new cases on Monday and Tuesday.

mutation

Viruses are the most baffling, mysterious, incredible forms of non-life in existence. They are dead/live geniuses.

3 Likes

I wonder how herd immunity worked out for ,… and India, and Brazil, and South Africa, and…

Nice graphic. Where’s it from?

Nature 2020 Sept

1 Like

It depends on some participants and m/V.

I am going to donate my appendix to science for 10 billion bucks. I’ve never had the flu. Never had nothing really except broken bones. I’m convinced, based on my own research, that viruses hate my guts. They approach me, take a look around, and bolt at record breaking speed. There is something so disgusting, so foul, so repulsive and vile about me, that even viruses become ill at the thought of attacking me. (Sort of like the girls I tried to date.)

1 Like

I don’t know. I think prions can give them a run for their money lol. Cell-less, non metabolizing non living things that contain no dna/rna. While viruses still contain some dna/rna.

But both are cool.

1 Like

I’m looking forward (not really – I’m too old) to gut biome pills. I’m guessing they’re more than ten years out, but donated appendices* will help. :slightly_smiling_face:

* Is that a thing? :slightly_smiling_face:

Climate Change: A Jewish Moral Issue