Is evolution "God-guided"?

Superb, Eddie.

Atheistic Evolution and Theistic Evolution are such subjective terms. I mean what makes evolution so atheistic or theistic? Evolution is evolution regardless on who believes in it so calling it Atheistic Evolution or Theistic Evolution seems down right silly. Just call it evolution and be done with it.

1 Like

Would love to… but the Evangelicals want God involved… and the Atheists insist that God NOT be involved.

So … we have BioLogos caught in the middle … trying to explain things to BOTH sides of the spectrum…

George

Since neither side knows for sure, can’t we agree to be agnostic and just refer to it as evolution?

Just like gravity!

Patrick, only the Creationists are going to be happy with that … because ALL Evolution is “crap” to them.

BioLogos is the one that carved out this sacred territory of Evolution-with-God…

SIDE NOTE:
If Evangelicals opposed GRAVITY - - we’be be seeing a Bio-GRAVITAS group … I guarantee you! (man… I’m cracking me up!)

Your question is structured to refute Atheist Evolutionists.

Your question poses no problem who think that God Directed Evolution.

George

@gbrooks9

George, you put together a few facts and then draw from that a ridiculous generalization. You need to learn to think.

Christianity is about Jesus, the Jewish Messiah and the Son of God. Islam fervently denies the Trinity and the thought that Allah is not Absolutely Simple. Islam is not a form of Christianity.

@Patrick

Sadly both sides know for sure. One of the reasons behind Darwin’s idea was to get God out of the Creation business. Conservative Christians did not agree, and science became involved with Biblical interpretation and the understanding of Truth, and we have a mess with everyone trying to get their own way and no one listening to the concerns of others. Life is not simple.

@gbrooks9

George,
The BioLogos for gravity would be GravitasLogos. Do your homework.

Yes… and I THOUGHT quite a bit about it. Look, it’s not like my unusual comparison is going to cost anyone their job …

But if Mormons are Christians… there’s really not much separating Mormons from Muslims.

I think Eddie and Roger BOTH flunked their Comparative Religion class.

George

@Eddie

Who says miracles don’t happen anymore!

@Relates,

You are correct, Roger. Islam is a false religion. It is made up of so-called false Christian writings. In other words, Moslems are heretics. Is it Christianity? No. However, the Koran is made up of heretical Christian sect books. Moslems shall not see the Kingdom of God if they do not deny Islam and accept Jesus Christ as it says in Romans 10. We must call upon the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved. Mohammed is an Anti-Christ.

@gbrooks9,@Eddie

I like the chart. I must state again that 0+0=0. A mindless process can do nothing. A pencil on a table is mindless. I cannot create anything until a being with a mind uses it. The Intelligent Designer is God. He has the mind that knows all things. Again, intelligent design and BioLogos (Greek for Study of Life) good hand in hand.

1 Like

@gbrooks9

George, which is more important salvation or a job? Please do not belittle faith on this website!

Did some one say that Mormons are Christians?

Even so it is the Quran and the Sharia that separates Mormons from Muslims.

@Henry

Since I picked on George, I will also pick on you. The Logos in BioLogos refers to Jesus Christ as found in John 1:1 “In the Beginning was the Word (Greek: Logos)” Who is Jesus, the Messiah.

While this might not be that evident from its writings, because the Logos is capitalized that is what it refers to. In other words the name BioLogos is a strong statement about the divine design of life. If I am wrong I hope that I will be corrected.

I’m certainly not the candidate for belittling faith. That’s my line when I’m speaking with Atheists!

I made a thoughtful comparison between the Mormon wing of Christianity and Islam. Your criticism, centered on “Quran and the Sharia … separates Mormons from Muslims”, hardly seems like a thoughtful rejection. It seems pretty knee-jerk to me. If you know anything about the Mormons, they too have a fairly elaborate code of “social” and “spiritual” righteousness.

The Quran is a written document … so is the Mormon Book of Moroni. So, again, I don’t really see how your dismissal is based on anything other than your reflexive contempt for another faith/denomination.

When one examines the history of religion, there is plenty in 2,000 years of Christian history that can give people the shudders. Eddie’s reaction to my comparison is easy to understand. He is a very concrete-minded fact-driven individual, rather than one sensitive to ‘Truths’. I expected more from you, Roger.

So, are you saying that Mormons are NOT Christians?

George

@Relates,

Roger, my friend, I stand corrected. It is true that BioLogos means actually Word of Life, i.e., the Lord Jesus. However, Logos can also mean “study of”. Did the founders of BioLogos mean it both ways. No, I think as you do that they meant it for our Lord Jesus. Oh, it is always a pleasure to hear from you, Roger. You are correct. Great to hear from you.

@gbrooks,

I must say that Mormons are a heretical sect. The canon of the Bible was closed with the Book of Revelation. Remember John’s warning about taking about or adding to this book in the Revelation. The Book of Mormon is not from God. American Indians were not ancient Hebrews; on the contrary, their ancestors came from roughly what is today Siberia, China, and Mongolia. The Book of Mormon was written by a man by the name of Joe Smith. He received no revelation from God; on the contrary, it was a diabolical view. Oh, diabolical comes from a classical language word meaning “devil.”