Humor in Science and Theology

(Mark D.) #162

While late-blooming homeschool kids might graduate high school when they’re 13, the average homeschooler graduates well before puberty. A few outliers have even graduated before they were officially born.

:laughing::rofl::sweat_smile:

(Mark D.) #163

Perhaps you can arrange for them to participate in an exchange program with a home-schooling family in Rivendell.

(David Heddle) #164

Bragging Rights: Randall Munroe (the author of xkcd) is a graduate of our physics department.

(David Heddle) #165

A successful relativity test!

calvinRelativity

(David Heddle) #166

And this classic

(David Heddle) #167

Last one I promise. Another classic.

(Mark D.) #168

More, more!

(Phil) #169

The facebook comments are good. Most homeschoolers enjoy making fun of themselves, are more well adjusted than non-homeschoolers. Though that may be due to all the visits to the chiropractor.

(Phil) #171

Theodicy again becomes a topic even for comics:

(Mark D.) #172

That makes the work of God look as easy as ringing up a hamburger. :smile:

Teach the Controversy! These t-shirts make it easy:

Teach the Controversy

One very dark night, a thief broke into a house. He couldn’t see anything, but he could hear a voice saying, “God is watching you.”

He got a bit nervous, but as his eyes adjusted to the dim light, he saw a parrot in a cage. Again the thief heard the voice say, “God is watching you.”

“Is that you talking?” the thief asked.

“Yes,” replied the parrot. “My name is Moses, and God is watching you.”

The thief asked, “So what kind of idiot would name a parrot Moses?”

The parrot replied, “The same idiot who named the rottweiler God.”

(Mark D.) #175

New winner.

If Philo of Alexandria comes from Alexandria and Clement of Rome comes from Rome,
where does Origen come from?

Species

(David Heddle) #177

I am so stealing this!

(Randy) #178

(Laura) #179

Ha! That will get them waltzing with potatoes up and down the produce aisle…

After going down the BB rabbit hole, I found this one too :stuck_out_tongue:

(Phil) #180

The facebook comments on that post were good. Most memorable was that now we know why we had “The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything.”

(Phil) #181

Gotta post to keep the thread alive:

(Randy) #182

http://gomerblog.com/2018/09/new-research-shows-that-anti-vax-housewives-were-right-all-along/

And for those of us who think that stripping things down to their quiddity is more reassuring:

http://gomerblog.com/2018/08/radiologists-attempt-to-decrease-claustrophobia-during-ct-scan-by-removing-machines-outer-coverings/