Humor in Science and Theology

I thought it was six seventy ate.

1 Like

6 Likes

Too true, but showing that to someone who is “vaccine hesitant” (trying to be PC, ya know) won’t sway them. I’m just drafting a Facebook post addressed to adults who have been ‘putting off’ getting vaccinated about the percentage of kids getting sick. 22% of new cases is the number I’ve found from a week ago. Does anyone have anything higher? (Oxymoronically, higher would be better than lower for this purpose.)

I’m remembering it as “why was six afraid of seven?

A: Because 7,8,9 (seven ate nine).

1 Like

But this is Yoda speak. So: Six, Seven ate. I edited the post above to correct who was the offender and the scared. It gets confusing.

3 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Decades ago, there was a nutritionist I heard debunking that idea, too. “Syphilis is natural!”

2 Likes

For that matter there are many members of the plant kingdom that stand ready to disabuse anyone of their fantasy of a danger free garden.

2 Likes

Thanks for that @MarkD. My son and I just enjoyed it together as a break from homework

2 Likes

8 Likes

The sign on his back says, “It’s for my lawnmower - I swear!”

3 Likes

Had dinner with friends last night, and had essentially this conversation:

8 Likes

Yeah, I’ve completely forgotten how to socialize. I’m on the same level as my kids now. Anyone want to hang out and talk about dinosaurs and My Little Pony? :smiley:

3 Likes

I imagine we all remember the positive parts without the awkwardness and inconvenience. But I look forward to the little bit of socializing I’m missing out on.

2 Likes

3 Likes

My wife is just getting over the 2nd dose…quite miserable, like mine was. Both of us agreed that we would hate to have the real thing much more (or worse, pass it on to someone weaker)

2 Likes

Lord, you who ascended to the Father, from the #ChineseRocket about to descend upon us, deliver us, we pray.

Could God be calling you about your vehicle’s extended warranty?

4 Likes

It’s calls like these which have tempted me to delete my phone app from my smart device.

2 Likes