Humor in Science and Theology

2 Likes

1 Like

Another funny irony:

For your pet crows:

3 Likes

Brilliant! Love a Corvid me. Eurasian Jay is my favourite bird and I hold a secret passion to one day own a tame crow.

4 Likes

Not funny hahah, but definitely eye-opening ‘funny’.

1 Like

Hard to believe and yet they have DNA evidence …

Good to see my home town making the news for such quality research.

2 Likes

Thanks! Boogers…my kids could do a research project on them.

I have to look at The Onion more!

1 Like

Perhaps they could classify them as booger-ites and booger-mites depending on if they formed on the upper or lower side of the nasal passage.

1 Like

Boogerites are only those boogers that reach the ground. As long as it never reaches the ground it remains a booger.

3 Likes

I see you too have studied nasal mineralogy. Have you done your share of field work?

1 Like

Plenty - a bit limited on the sedimentary strata, and I haven’t found any fossils yet. :nose:

2 Likes

Apparently in central Africa, the locals notice that monkeys and whites are the ones who eat raw bananas.

Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle.

At least the monkeys know what end to peel them from.

1 Like

I was wondering why that was not mentioned. Which way were the whites in question peeling them?

It is actually more characteristicly American to peel from the stem end. If you have a banana that is hard to peel, try the other end. Most of the world does, I understand.

1 Like

I know about the simian way, but I am not conversant with different human cultures’ practices and history, hence my question.

11 Likes

Same here. Or a raven. Especially since I saw that ravens can learn minimum human speech mimicry.

Speaking of birds mimicking speech one almost got me shot two years ago or so. I went to my cousins house, or rather she was living with her boyfriend. Her boyfriend and her moved out, which I did not know, but there roommate stayed behind and so I thought nothing of it when I saw the roommates truck there and not her boyfriends truck. ( she had no vehicle at the time it got damaged ). But it turned out that a cop moved into the house as a roommate. I knocked on the door and heard someone say hello, hello, just come in come in. It sounded like a little girls voice so I opened the door and asked again , “ hello Joyce are you here “ and from her bedroom I heard someone again saying come
In come in hello. So I thought maybe she’s babysitting or something or messing around and so I went to her door and as I was knocking I heard someone screaming, and see a man with a gun pulled out pointed at me. It was the cop, who I actually met once before there because he was friends with the guy who was the first roommate.

The guy was yelling and I was saying “
Whoa I’m here to meet Joyce, and he’s like who the **** are you get down get down. I did not know he was a cop so I was backing up towards the door thst like 3 feet away from me knowing I’m just getting getting down? The first roommate comes around the corner and sees me and tells the cop it’s ok it ok he comes here.

Things settle down enough to where there are no guns being pointed at me and the guy that I find out is a cop is telling me that’s a good way to get shot to just enter a house and that my cousin does not live there anymore. I was trying to explain to them both I thought I heard someone , some girl or woman, maybe my cousin say come in… they were like there is no one else here and I was confused thinking did I hear a tv or something. As I was leaving, the guy was shutting the door on me, literally and it bounced off my the back of my shoe so I turn around mad and around that time the bird starts talking again saying come in come in hello.

We all paused and the cop says, that’s not your cousin that’s my room now and that’s my parrot. I was like, “ dude. That’s messed up that you leave your doors unlocked and grab guns on people
Coming in when you have a freaking parrot saying come in.

He started cussing at me again to leave and so I am leaving and to this day, the guy thinks that the parrot talking was irrelevant to the situation and that I should have known it was a parrot and all I can think is that if you don’t know it’s a parrot and it’s coming through two doors it sounds like person. Especially if you’ve been there dozens of times and there was no parrots there previously lol.

Anyways, I also want a crow or a raven. But most likely, I’ll settle for jut helping to house woods one that need to be rehabilitated.

3 Likes