Humor in Science and Theology

Our evolutionary history was apparently not easy…

3 Likes

Reminiscent of this?

5 Likes

But not eating animal products (especially beef, lamb, and milk) is one of the best things we can to to stop climate change.

2 Likes

True for sure. However, if it were my call, I’d choose a human population compatible with living as omnivores with plenty of wild places preserved for habitat for other species. People are great, but is 10 billion really that much better than a 300 million of us? More isn’t always better.

1 Like

6 Likes

In one day Samson killed a thousand Philistines with the jawbone of an ass. Every day thousands of sales are killed with the same weapon.

3 Likes

Lots of other damage is done with the same implement.

2 Likes

1 Like

Of course that reminds me of the guy who was bitten by a radioactive lawyer, and developed the power of attorney.

5 Likes

That is pure gold. Did you just make that up? If so, I’d like nominate you for the riposte with the most award.

2 Likes

Okay, that opens it up for a lawyer joke.

What’s the difference between a dead dog on the road and a dead lawyer?

The dead dog has skid marks before it. :grin:

3 Likes

Woot woot! Good one.

1 Like

It has a sequel.

What the difference in sound between running over a dog in the road and a lawyer?

Dog: thump-thump

Lawyer: thump-thump; thump-thump; thump-thump. :grin:

Better be careful. Some people may get offended by that kind of joke. When I was kid me and my friend from a orphanage went out Trick r treating. We got tired of walking so I called my dad to come get me. I had my bag of candy and put it in my back seat and as we were driving off he asked if I had any little butterfingers and I said yeah and I reached into the bag to get one but could not find it so I gave him a snickers. As he was trying to open it he swerved a little bit doing a u turn and accidentally hit this dog. I dropped the bag in the seat when we stopped and got out and ran to check on the dog. I came back holding my bag and told my dad I knew I had a butterfinger. He asked me about the dog and I said it was dead and he responded that we probably need to tell the family and I told him I’m pretty sure it’s a stray… then we got rear ended by some guy despite him slamming on the breaks and for months it was all everyone thought when they say the skid marks…

Not original to me at all, but suites my sense of humor

1 Like

5 Likes

Something similar came up in Ernst Mayr’s book What Evolution Is (which I’m reading at the mo) about Lungfish having 140 pairs of chromosomes. What on EARTH does a Lungfish need with 280 chromosomes?! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

OK…here’s my contribution.

Why should we perform scientific experiments on lawyers instead of lab rats?

(1) People can get attached to lab rats.

(2) There’s only a finite number of lab rats in the world.

(3) There are some things a lab rat just won’t do.

3 Likes

Thanks for getting us back on topic after my digression away from science. :grin: