Humor in Science and Theology

3 Likes

This one is a bit silly but whatever.

Do you know why God created Adam first?
Because Y…

Clone joke.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is ‘Humor in Science…’, and it could fairly easily fit in any COVID or SARS-CoV-2 conversation, but I love it. He knows what is important and it’s not socks. :grin: It’s a wonderful countercultural and self-deprecating statement, and at the same time indicative of his strength of character. Or maybe he’s doing it for a granddaughter’s sake. Still cool. :grin:

1 Like

Or perhaps he must be controlled and measured in his public life and work, but finds in his sox a means to express a bit of individuality and frivolousness.

1 Like

Yes… does that counter or exclude any of the above? A single action can have multiple simultaneous motivations in differing proportions.

Not at all, just a comment. Nothing funny going on here.

2 Likes

I see what you did there. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

6 Likes

It’s about science and faith:

8 Likes

http://nautil.us/issue/88/love--sex/the-hard-problem-of-breakfast?fbclid=IwAR3X4FjHVcWlleSMMlaleUreswDNWOi6GKrPAJ1jfbw7zSPLojiwtRU51dY

(This is about breakfast, not love and sex.)

Reminds me of some of the conversations here. And, why is it that all “hard problems” come down to the “fundamentally quantum nature” of things? I’m getting suspicious of that as an answer.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying intermittent fasting, with not eating from 8pm till noon, and this article really spoke to me, as I have been having my doubts as to whether there really is a breakfast.

1 Like

When I started shedding weight, I found making an early breakfast my biggest meal advantageous. Always oatmeal with nuts and fruit. Then a sandwich of cashew butter and banana around 1 or 2. Then something light like a salad and a small piece of meat for supper. I found I could budget in a 100 calorie mochi ice cream treat for dessert most days. I never tried to lose more than 2 pounds a week. That it took longer was good because I had to find food I liked and could eat from now on. Women have it so much harder, having to eat more than 700 less calories a day than me to lose the same amount of weight.

Of course COVID, postponing my knee replacement and losing my classes and routines st the Y has not helped and i am once again a few pounds north of 200. I hate that.

1 Like

I guess I’m just boringly and hopelessly Newtonian about breakfasts … it’s all about the time you eat it; not what you eat. This is evidenced by the horror we brandish in front of our students upon their confession that a cola and a bag of chips was … their breakfast. I have family members who might enjoy a piece of cold pizza … for breakfast. So it obviously isn’t the food, but when you’ve eaten that food (either as an absolute time of day …i.e. between 6 and 11am) or as a relative time (i.e. the first thing you eat after you’ve arisen from your night’s sleep). So I guess some Einsteinian relativity did sneak in there after all. But it sounds like many of you are wanting to go all QM about breakfast, and I just can’t follow you there. I’m signing off to go begin boiling some water for my oatmeal.

1 Like

This makes me laugh, with our first (ever) dog. We love him–glad he’s not a wolf.

8 Likes

I love these comics – apologies if this one has already been posted here.

1 Like

How appropriate!

1 Like

5 Likes

It has been that kind of year:
IMG_0099

6 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes