Humor in Science and Theology

The comment that it is not biblically accurate is reminiscent of the criticism leveled by some of similar mindset regarding The Chosen. Just remarking about the parallels. I think I killed that frog. (Referring to explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog- you learn something but the frog dies)

3 Likes

Ken Ham has been ranting about the evils of public education. Probably because it doesn’t spit out YECs.

His latest graphics are truly bizarre:

Who knew? Non-Christians turn bright orange, but Christians lose their contact lenses!

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: How does pulblic education interconnect with the Faith and Science discussion

Imagine a world in which Looney Tunes characters lost their groove.

Imgur

6 Likes

The reason we botanists have such a hard time dating. LOL

7 Likes

Is Revelation 9 talking about trains???

I don’t know where Dad McClellan finds these people! I think her glasses are a portal into an alternative universe.

Is Revelation 9’s Cavalry of 200 Million Just Trains?

That would somewhat parallel the claim that the prophecy of chariots rushing around Nineveh is predicting modern motor cars.

4 Likes

You mean it isn’t? :exploding_head:

5 Likes

They could have built a bridge out of her.

1 Like

Don’t forget the chillies! :hot_pepper:

1 Like

I’ll bet this is old hat for all of you but I rather liked it when I saw it seven years ago on Fakebook.

Imgur

9 Likes

thanks! I got a chuckle out of that–and believe it is right! I had not heard that one, but it’s wise!

2 Likes

Today, March 8, is International Women’s Day. Learn about Junia, a female apostle mentioned by St. Paul, in this short video by Dan McClellan

1 Like

11 Likes

I hope they didn’t charge too much for that test.

6 Likes

That’s a negative; I’m positive about that. Shocking, wasn’t it?

(this was on the desk of the battery salesman where I purchased a new car battery this morning! He told me his wife got it for him. I am always looking for new material for my office–I like to gather and share corny dad jokes with patients and coworkers).

7 Likes

Is laughter really the best medicine, Dr. Randy?

2 Likes

Honestly, it does seem to help! My nurse, who has been with me for nearly 18 years (was there 2 before I came), says so often. I wonder if that is mainly from her counseling nature (she is awesome; some of the patients told me they come to me so they can see her), or because of a lack of confidence in my treatments.

2 Likes

She seems well grounded.

5 Likes

I hope they do it fast and get the lead out.

3 Likes