Humor in Science and Theology

5 Likes

And then there was LeTourneau.

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

It’s there because I told it the other day it would not pass the Turing test. :grin:

2 Likes

Microns would be more realistic for bacteria than nanometers.

2 Likes

You can’t see the field and it’s really teams of viruses? Or I could just call you a spoilsport. :grin:

1 Like

Thus why cartoonists would benefit from taking some science classes in college. :smiley:

3 Likes

Never mind. Yes, the ones big enough to play football would be still be on a micron scaled field.

…the largest, however, measure about 500 nm in diameter and are about 700–1,000 nm in length. Virus - Structure, Capsid, Genome | Britannica

1 Like

It’s not as if they were motile and could ambulate on their own though.

As a statistician I must add, “Of course there is a difference between a hypothesis and a guesstimate!” The first is for inference, and the second for estimation. If you are a Bayesian the right sort of guesstimate could be applied to both.

When you are a statistician, ruining jokes sort of comes with the territory. :frowning: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I feel like the cartoonist passed up a golden opportunity. Instead of two bears missing the ark cruise, it should have been a couple dinosaurs or a couple unicorns.

9 Likes

What if I can only get spotted and striped rams?

2 Likes

Wow.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard “shandala” as the first sounds out of someone supposedly speaking in tongues I could buy a new laptop!

2 Likes

Is this a re-run?

I’ve done that. :rofl:

4 Likes

8 Likes

I wonder what the speaker (it started to say kid, but looks more like the wife) thinks about The Chosen?

1 Like

It has just always fascinated me how the artistic renderings of angels in so many cases do not come close to the bizarre descriptions of angels in places like Ezekiel and Daniel. That seems to be what this cartoon is also referring to. Not sure I get the reference to The Chosen. What do you mean?