Humor in Science and Theology

We’ve seen some of these acapella pieces before but this one is for @mitchellmckain. I wonder if the science it contains meets with your approval.

1 Like

Great stuff. I have yet to see the Bohemian Rhapsody movie, but will maybe catch it when it goes to Netflix.

1 Like

This would be a great topic in my “Exploring Religion” class! I’m going to bring it up to my professor.

Cindy

Of course. I even recognize 90% of what it was referring to. I am sure the more you know about the physics the more you will get out of that song. I had only one class in string theory (all that was offered) and so he probably knows more about the topic than I do. The university of Utah isn’t exactly at the pinacle of theoretical physics. I am intrigued by this guy and wonder what his master’s thesis was about and what university he is from. My master’s in physics didn’t involve a master’s thesis though I did write one for my divinity degree, on the metaphysical implications of modern physics.

FYI… about the mention of tachyons (the theoretical particle which moves faster than light)… It arises in the study of string theory largely as a something which shoots down a theoretical formulation – a sign that you have done something wrong.

1 Like

Neither have I and I’ve never gone to many live concerts in my life except for a couple of blue grass shows and one electronic music show by a German group called Tangerine Dream. But I’ve seen video of a live Queen concert so I imagine that movie would be pretty fun.

Oscar week:

“As you wish.”

Quote from article:
Critics of the move included Pastor John MacArthur, who called the recognition of revelation after the closing of the NT canon “inconceivable” and said the heretics who voted for the resolution should “prepare to die.”

9 Likes

Foxtrot has been one of my favorites. A colleague of mine brought this in to add to my classroom collection.

11 Likes

Can’t resist one more parting shot here …

5 Likes

5 Likes

The Rapture…

5 Likes

funny! I noticed you have not been around much lately, pray all is going well with you, as I know you have had your challenges. Have a blessed week!

5 Likes

Thank you for your concern.

1 Like

Happy Pi day! Have a slice of your favorite!

4 Likes

Planning some strawberry rhubarb for later today… in our pi pan of course (the rim is surrounded by several digits of pi…).

4 Likes

This cartoon reminds me of someone who figured out each breath we take or glass of water we drink has a few molecules that were a part of Jesus’ body at one time. Perhaps there is a idea in here somewhere to be developed of homeopathic Christianity…

4 Likes

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!

Here is one of my very favorite hymns; Scroll down to see all the lyrics.

(Trigger Alert: the Trinity is mentioned)

St Patrick’s Breastplate
(aka “I bind unto myself today”)

Sung by the Choir of Keble College

4 Likes

If you like weird theology you’ll love this!

Smells like Giant Spirit: Nephilim Perfumes

1 Like

We used to sing that version in InterVarsity in college — minus the youthful voices and organ, of course. I haven’t heard it in… decades. (Can I say that now? I guess I can…) Thanks so much for posting! One of my favorites, too!

2 Likes

4 Likes